Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A friend of mine in high school had a Dodge van like that one, only without the custom paint. He got his girlfriend pregnant in it. Oops.

Buddy in high school got his family's old conversion van as a first car. It had been passed down from several of his older brothers.

Running joke about that van was a naked girl alone in it could get pregnant.

Buddy happened to knock up his GF, now wife of 30 years, our senior year.

He claims it happened elsewhere, but I suspect the van did it.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    7DCF6CE0-C4DB-42B5-8C0F-9CB235AF6A86.jpeg

3EDB56F6-2FB7-4F1B-A38A-F8AFC536E243.jpeg
    OK not my car but a close representative of my first. I bought when I was 15 with very few miles on it. Local Chevy dealer had twin sons. Bought each son an identical one for high school graduation present. 2 Chevelles then traded in for 2 new Z28s when they come out. I bought one of the Chevelles with money I had saved up.

‘65 Chevelle Malibu SS
    HIgh performance 327
    4 speed
    Tahitian Turquoise
    White interior

Spent a BUNCH of $$ on “improving” it.
    Ended up with a “rival” ( former boyfriend of my now wife of over 50 years ) pouring a bag of sugar in the crankcase while in her parents driveway late 1 night. I then drove it home and it sat for several days. Got quite a surprise next time I tried to start it.

One of several vehicles I wish I still had…well maybe not my original one but you know what I mean.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    View attachment 191858

View attachment 191859
    OK not my car but a close representative of my first. I bought when I was 15 with very few miles on it. Local Chevy dealer had twin sons. Bought each son an identical one for high school graduation present. 2 Chevelles then traded in for 2 new Z28s when they come out. I bought one of the Chevelles with money I had saved up.

‘65 Chevelle Malibu SS
    HIgh performance 327
    4 speed
    Tahitian Turquoise
    White interior

Ended up with a “rival” ( former boyfriend of my now wife of over 50 years ) pouring a bag of sugar in the crankcase while in her parents driveway late 1 night. I then drove it home and it sat for several days. Got quite a surprise next time I tried to start it.

One of several vehicles I wish I still had…well maybe not my original one but you know what I mean.
    I liked the body style of those. I can skip over the '66/67 and move on to the '68-72 next. The other years; not really my cup of beer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 191858

View attachment 191859

‘65 Chevelle Malibu SS
    HIgh performance 327
    4 speed
    Tahitian Turquoise
    White interior

The body on that car is stellar but the wheels do not work.

Is this man (Sugar boy) still alive...???
    If so why.

Just curious.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    The body on that car is stellar but the wheels do not work.

Is this man (Sugar boy) still alive...???
    If so why.

Just curious.
    Yes it is NICE ! When looking for pix ran onto the add when it was for sale with something like 66 photos. I looked, I drooled, I reminisced... Had a lot of fun and raised a lot he** in that car

Because a couple/few hours after the sugar was added he was on a bus headed for Chicago and then off to basic training to begin a 2 year stint for Uncle Sam. Cops wouldn't/couldn't do anything...no proof and in Army. In fact rumor was he was at home ( alibi ) and buddies actually did the deed. That was in 1970 , we were married in '71, and I have never seen him since.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes it is NICE ! When looking for pix ran onto the add when it was for sale with something like 66 photos. I looked, I drooled, I reminisced... Had a lot of fun and raised a lot he** in that car

Because a couple/few hours after the sugar was added he was on a bus headed for Chicago and then off to basic training to begin a 2 year stint for Uncle Sam. Cops wouldn't/couldn't do anything...no proof and in Army. In fact rumor was he was at home ( alibi ) and buddies actually did the deed. That was in 1970 , we were married in '71, and I have never seen him since.
    Good on you.
    I try not to hold grudges but this over a woman and to your car is some chicken :poop: :bs: is unforgivable. Coward.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good on you.
    I try not to hold grudges but this over a woman and to your car is some chicken :poop: :bs: is unforgivable. Coward.
    When I first started dating DoggyMama, my roomie at the time's best friend tried to accuse her (DoggyMama's) ex hubby of dumping sugar in his HD gas tank. Turned out to be his psycho ex-girlfriend. WTF? Seriously, some bikers and hot rod guys (and their women apparently) are freakin' nuts. Okay, DoggyMama can be freakin' nuts too, but I'm not a biker or a hot rod guy. :lmfao:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    View attachment 191858

View attachment 191859

‘65 Chevelle Malibu SS
    HIgh performance 327
    4 speed
    Tahitian Turquoise
    White interior

Ex-girlfriend was "dating" a guy that had a car loke that. I dumped a bag of sugar in the crankcase one night.

Top Bottom