Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dang, we only have 4 gauges in our car. Oil press, H2O temp, N2O press at the solenoids and a N2O for bottle press for when the ball valve is closed to keep the pressure of the teflon seals in the solenoids.

No alternator, no trans cooler just a 1ft hose loop, no tach. But buttons and swithes and handles a plenty for sure. There's a whole lot that goes on in a very short amount of time.
    It does take a routine to get everything going for sure and once you let off the little red button all hell breaks loose. Sometimes you need a third hand

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dang, we only have 4 gauges in our car. Oil press, H2O temp, N2O press at the solenoids and a N2O for bottle press for when the ball valve is closed to keep the pressure of the teflon seals in the solenoids.

No alternator, no trans cooler just a 1ft hose loop, no tach. But buttons and swithes and handles a plenty for sure. There's a whole lot that goes on in a very short amount of time.
    It does take a routine to get everything going for sure and once you let off the little red button all hell breaks loose. Sometimes you need a third hand
    You see my red button. The line lock is on the shifter ball. The shifter replaced the shift noid shifter so I could run 12:00 bracket with no grief. It had a trans brake but not used in 12.0 so it had 2 line locks. 1 for the burn out and once I lit the bulb a flip of a switch and all 4 wheels were locked brakes. It confused the tech guys as people swore I was on the trans brake. Nope.
    2 fuel pressure gauges. 1 for the engine and 1 for the Nitrous plate when I used it. Never when we ran 12.0 class. Trans/oil /water temp. It's a bracket car. If you make the money rounds there is little time in the lanes to cool down. There was a cool down switch that ran the fans and water pump while it sat to cool it down.
    Yes it had an alternator. Again no time in the final 4 to top the battery. The MSD liked a solid 14+ volts so we gave it. Plus I drove this on the street a lot.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You see my red button. The line lock is on the shifter ball. The shifter replaced the shift noid shifter so I could run 12:00 bracket with no grief. It had a trans brake but not used in 12.0 so it had 2 line locks. 1 for the burn out and once I lit the bulb a flip of a switch and all 4 wheels were locked brakes. It confused the tech guys as people swore I was on the trans brake. Nope.
    2 fuel pressure gauges. 1 for the engine and 1 for the Nitrous plate when I used it. Never when we ran 12.0 class. Trans/oil /water temp. It's a bracket car. If you make the money rounds there is little time in the lanes to cool down. There was a cool down switch that ran the fans and water pump while it sat to cool it down.
    Yes it had an alternator. Again no time in the final 4 to top the battery. The MSD liked a solid 14+ volts so we gave it. Plus I drove this on the street a lot.
    4 wheel line lock is a fantastic idea. I can see how that would confuse some who can't think outside of what everyone else does.
    Adding a trans cooler would be easy enough. Adding and alternator would require a good bit more engineering. LH side of front plate has dry sump oil pump and vacuum pump. RH side has oil tank and crank trigger. Would need to find a small 16v alternator.
    Here is the obligatory picture for the thread to stay on topic.0429141738.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great car from my generation. Were you sponsored by Stewart Warner ? <grin>

I spend a lot of time driving behind a dash like that ( with only a Tach ) in a 1966 Caprice Hardtop.Horn ring and all. Is that a '65?
    Yes sir. It is. I love the 61 through 68 big chevy's.
    pjPVMYR.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    4 wheel line lock is a fantastic idea. I can see how that would confuse some who can't think outside of what everyone else does.
    Adding a trans cooler would be easy enough. Adding and alternator would require a good bit more engineering. LH side of front plate has dry sump oil pump and vacuum pump. RH side has oil tank and crank trigger. Would need to find a small 16v alternator.
    Here is the obligatory picture for the thread to stay on topic.View attachment 191085
    :drool:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is bittersweet to see for me. The Cool: My buddy found a 71 in a barn In 82. It was very rusty as animals had burrowed under it in the dirt barn floor pushing the dirt up to the car floors. We did a farm shop resto with lots of parts from GW Pierce. The engine was not stuck so a refresh had it screaming.

The Sad: A year or so after resto my buddy fell in the bottle, and moved on to worse addictions. He sold the car for peanuts to buy drugs, I lost track if it but it now, even in deplorable condition would sell for thousands.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is bittersweet to see for me. The Cool: My buddy found a 71 in a barn In 82. It was very rusty as animals had burrowed under it in the dirt barn floor pushing the dirt up to the car floors. We did a farm shop resto with lots of parts from GW Pierce. The engine was not stuck so a refresh had it screaming.

The Sad: A year or so after resto my buddy fell in the bottle, and moved on to worse addictions. He sold the car for peanuts to buy drugs, I lost track if it but it now, even in deplorable condition would sell for thousands.
    This story has been a regular along my life's path. Not for me of course but watching friends fall off the path.
    I always had to laugh when a buddy sold his HotRod to appease a new girlfriend that in short order had moved on to ruin someone else's life.

I have hit some hard times and sold cars I regret selling but family 1st.

Top Bottom