Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Resisting arrest, going to his vehicle with the stated purpose of getting a gun...as not an LEO I would have shot him too. Having the whole neighborhood pour out like a screeching bunch of *****to support the felon is not going to improve the situation. I think because they were LEOs there were not another dozen + on the ground as the child molester tried to get away with a van full of children.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    W Take it up with the SCOTUS. Graham v. Connor has been our law of the land on use of force since 1989.

We will know in time if it passes that sniff test also.

All claims that law enforcement officials have used excessive force - deadly or not - in the course of an arrest, investigatory stop, or other "seizure" of a free citizen are properly analyzed under the Fourth Amendment's "objective reasonableness" standard, rather than under a substantive due process standard

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    More video. A bit earlier. Different angle.

There was a physical confrontation.

[video=youtube_share;l1uv7DU8Q2Y]http://youtu.be/l1uv7DU8Q2Y[/video]

I think it is pretty clear that this young man was simply hurrying to make sure his kids got to Vacation Bible School on time.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I’m really wondering when it will get to the point that officers will see a person of color and just disregard the call and leave. It would be running through my mind every time weather it was worth ruining my own life and family for this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So before everyone dies on the wrong hill think about this:
    1. This guy was at a gas station waving a knife around (see red circle of his L hand)
    2. This guy was a wanted sexual assault suspect of a 14 year old minor
    3. This guy reached into his vehicle while holding a knife in his non gun hand
    4. This guy, and this guy alone, is the reason he suffered multiple gunshot wounds...

I appreciate your perspective.

Is there a good source I can look at to get further information about points 1 through 3?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ;)
    Odd. Your attitude in your last handful of posts seems to lean heavily toward "bad cop, no donut" when you just admitted there arent enough facts to say either way.

But I do know this aint the old west, and Wyatt Earps of today dont have to wait for the bad guy to draw or shoot first.

EDIT: and we DO know they attempted less lethal first but that failed. (surprise!) So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Its not like it was "hands up dont shoot." :rolleyes:

Wyatt actually clubbed more people with his gun than he ever shot, one of the things Tombstone got right.;)

Today though I don't think officers can club people over the head any more, but someone more knowledgeable on procedure feel free to educate me.

A Glock probably won't have the same effect as a vintage revolver though.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Amazing how so many would wait for him to fetch a weapon and then decide to put a bullet in him.

All he had to do was NOT go into the vehicle.

But when they have the race card in their back pocket they tend to push things to the extreme.

Somebody that evil (to fetch a weapon) or stupid (to appear to fetch a weapon)..............disregarding commands, from people with guns around............deserves to be shot.

With today's SJW nonsense, he could have stopped at the bumper and had 10 lawyers calling him to take his case...........if the officers didn't do everything perfect.

IMHO he was either high as hell, stupid, or intent on doing harm.

Good shoot.

Next?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have heard repeatedly that police are literally hunting black people. Literally. It's open season.:rolleyes:

I would assume Mr Blake would have heard this too.

But did he, at ANY point in that video, seem even remotely fearful of the officers?:dunno:

Even when they drew their weapons and pointed them at him?:dunno:

I really have no point to this. Just strikes me as odd.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I appreciate your perspective.

Is there a good source I can look at to get further information about points 1 through 3?

1. What "gas station"?
    2. The warrant makes no mention of this.
    3. The video screenshot I posted shows no knife in his "non-gun" hand. It's on the door handle. How do you know which is his non-gun hand?
    4. The officers were 3 on 1 and couldn't execute a takedown and restraint of this one guy when he was on the ground on the other side of the SUV?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1. What "gas station"?
    2. The warrant makes no mention of this.
    3. The video screenshot I posted shows no knife in his "non-gun" hand. It's on the door handle. How do you know which is his non-gun hand?
    4. The officers were 3 on 1 and couldn't execute a takedown and restraint of this one guy when he was on the ground on the other side of the SUV?

Drugs are bad.

You decide!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Some of us don't act fearful. 2ATom mentioned his approach to police interaction. Didn't sound "fearful" to me.

But, maybe you're different.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sorry, but some people just don't give a damn.
    And a lot of those type subscribe to a certain sub culture.

Lawless.

They will push things to the max, just because.

They are not of western mind. Just the way it is.
    Refusing to assimilate means some will be shot.

So be it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Some of us don't act fearful. 2ATom mentioned his approach to police interaction. Didn't sound "fearful" to me.

But, maybe you're different.

We're not talking about kneeling down before the man here.

Rationally dealing with a cop as in 2ATom's approach. = good.

Flying off the handle and running from cops because **** them pigs. = bad.

Would you act "fearful" with a couple of taser and handguns pointed at your noggin? Probably.
    (NOTE: the sturgeon general has stated that not acting fearful in this instance and making additional aggressive movements might be hazardous to your health.)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That's a human requirement? You have to look fearful like a little girl? Hows that work out for you?

I've been pretty scared a couple times. I don't think I have ever been fearful like a little girl. But I've never been a little girl, so I can't say for sure.

But two pi$$ed off cops yelling with their guns pointed at me would, at the very least, cause me great concern.

The thought would never entered my mind to casually walk away from them, or anyone else with a gun pointed at me, as if they weren't even there.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We're not talking about kneeling down before the man here.

Rationally dealing with a cop as in 2ATom's approach. = good.

Flying off the handle and running from cops because **** them pigs. = bad.

Would you act "fearful" with a couple of taser and handguns pointed at your noggin? Probably.
    (NOTE: the sturgeon general has stated that not acting fearful in this instance and making additional aggressive movements might be hazardous to your health.)

You are assuming a hypothetical of a hypothetical. And then you threw drugs in on top of it for good measure.

Nice profiling, amigo.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom