Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's probably worse than that - it's more of a redistribution over the 4th dimension; the gov't doesn't even have the money to give out.

They'll print more, which devalues what people saved, and their retirement.
    And you'll have to spend it in the big box store, making the rich richer.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Now it looks like they will put 'financial workers' ahead of the 'over 65' crowd for getting the vaccines. That means all tellers, lenders, bankers, stock traders, etc.
    I think this now puts a very vulnerable group well into the lower half as far as the line for vaccines go.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I saw an update on this tonight.

After being removed from the property in cuffs a couple of nights ago, the owner of Mac's Public House announced he spent the last two days in a diplomatic effort pleading with the mayor, governor and sheriff for help in finding a way to keep their business (and other small businesses) open.

That hasn't happened so Mac's Public House is now open and will not close.

Good for him!!!!

It's about time somebody starts taking a stand against these mother ****ers.
    Need a few more brave New Yorkers to stand with him. If there are any left in a city of 8M.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

After being removed from the property in cuffs a couple of nights ago, the owner of Mac's Public House announced he spent the last two days in a diplomatic effort pleading with the mayor, governor and sheriff for help in finding a way to keep their business (and other small businesses) open.

Good for him!!!!

One of the tactical problems of resisting the oppression is there is no organization to it, no unified front. It is usually time for somebody ELSE to take a stand against them. So when one individual or small group reaches their limit they might take a stand but they are easily outnumbered and overwhelmed and shoved into the legal system and thus removed from the resistance one by one.
    This type of resistance is pretty ineffective and will allow more and more oppression. This allows the oppression of those 'somebody elses' to become more common place and actually more accepted by the sheepy masses.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    One of the tactical problems of resisting the oppression is there is no organization to it, no unified front. It is usually time for somebody ELSE to take a stand against them. So when one individual or small group reaches their limit they might take a stand but they are easily outnumbered and overwhelmed and shoved into the legal system and thus removed from the resistance one by one.
    This type of resistance is pretty ineffective and will allow more and more oppression. This allows the oppression of those 'somebody elses' to become more common place and actually more accepted by the sheepy masses.

Just exactly who are the sheeoy masses in this POV? I would argue its those who agree with the opposition of government by the shopowners but do nothing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just exactly who are the sheeoy masses in this POV? I would argue its those who agree with the opposition of government by the shopowners but do nothing.

I agree that it includes that group but I would include more than that. I would include the group that somewhat disagree with the opposition of government "for the good of the people". I would also include all of the "great uninformed" that live life without information or opinions. I'm trying to say I would include all of the non-activists regardless of any meaningless political bent.

Basically ALL of the "peaceful majority" that get carried along on whatever policies are pushed on them by their leaders because they do not actively resist. Brigitte Gabriel speaks about the "peaceful majority" in Germany, Russia, Japan and islam but this group exists in every country and culture, even here in the US... So regardless of their original weak political stance they become part of the oppressive leaders policies by association because they do nothing to NOT become part of those policies.

[video=youtube;Ry3NzkAOo3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They'll print more, which devalues what people saved, and their retirement.
    And you'll have to spend it in the big box store, making the rich richer.

Why do I have to spend it there?

The thing is, people (and bankers) are willing to put money into bonds and T bills with sub-percent interest, the risk of inflation is near nil.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why do I have to spend it there?

The thing is, people (and bankers) are willing to put money into bonds and T bills with sub-percent interest, the risk of inflation is near nil.

You have to spend it "there", because small businesses are being shut down.
    Unless you have a warehouse of spare parts, and food, you need to shop.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Woman Saloon & Grill is shutdown, even though they have an outdoor dining area.

Yet, in her parking lot, an outdoor area is set up for another business.

[video=youtube;o8W0jYvE_gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8W0jYvE_gs[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You have to spend it "there", because small businesses are being shut down.
    Unless you have a warehouse of spare parts, and food, you need to shop.

That's news to me.

At least small businesses in Ft. Wayne are doing as good as can be expected.

EDIT: as to CA, it's been business unfriendly for decades.

Mole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2020
    Washington
    I'll throw my story on the pile.
    I had my dose of rona in early August. Fever, cough, fatigue for three days, missing taste for 2 days after that. Ran a mile on day six just to see if I was better. Twiddled my thumbs while I quarantined it out.
    I was told by doc that the most infectious days are the two days before you show symptoms, but I was in a car with a buddy for an hour the day before I got sick and the only thing he got was food poisoning from KFC.
    Guess I rolled my die and it came up "mild"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In terms of exponential increase of death numbers, we're now down to 138 days-to-double. Doesn't show any signs of slowing down, either.

Absolute CFR is down to ~ 1.92. Average daily death rate (basically the average daily CFR going back to March) is about 3.6%.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Good for him!!!!

He actually tried to drive away from the police when they tried to arrest him. He struck a deputy with his car and dragged him 100 feet. So he caught more charges than just disobeying the shutdown order.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    He actually tried to drive away from the police when they tried to arrest him. He struck a deputy with his car and dragged him 100 feet. So he caught more charges than just disobeying the shutdown order.

That wasn't very smart. Now they will find every charge they can against him and then make up a few dozen more.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That wasn't very smart. Now they will find every charge they can against him and then make up a few dozen more.

They pushed him to his line in the sand regarding feeding his family. When it comes to that, we all better expect to see a lot more people standing up and in time juries acquitting.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That's news to me.

At least small businesses in Ft. Wayne are doing as good as can be expected.

We live in the same town but the word "good" does not usually come into the conversation when I talk/hear about other small business owners.

We must run in different circles.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They pushed him to his line in the sand regarding feeding his family. When it comes to that, we all better expect to see a lot more people standing up and in time juries acquitting.

Gonna be pretty hard to feed his family from jail. But maybe go-fund-me can spring for his bail, at least.

I think I'd find alternate means of feeding my family before running down a deputy sheriff. But that's just me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom