Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    "To execute the plan, the government could create a system where people would receive a number once they were vaccinated. Once they enter that along with their Social Security number, they would receive a check."

What could possibly go wrong...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You tell me.

People are actively working hard to rip off American working people by stealing tax money from the government. The government, at least the left side of it, seems to do nothing and even be in favor of bankrupting the US. For example the lucrative unemployment pandemic benefits have been severely abused and riddled with fraud. In california alone they have paid over $400M and it could possibly go to $1B just to prisoners. This is not even counting illegal aliens and other criminals not in prisons.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just like people filing taxes w/ stolen identity or opening credit cards.

My identity was stolen a few years ago and they used my social security number and other information to get credit cards, open bank accounts and file fraudulent tax returns. Now I get a PIN number from IRS every year so when I file my taxes I don't get rejected because somebody else already filed using my information. A few of the people in this ring got caught but there were millions more out there doing this type of crime. This particular ring was in Pittsburgh and I have an FBI contact in Pittsburgh that is trying to deal with this and I have an address where much of the tax fraud money was sent.
    I was visited by two IRS agents that were wondering why I was withdrawing $5K per day out of my bank account(fraudulent) in Pittsburgh. I had to explain that it wasn't me. I showed them over 100 emails I have received from the DOJ Victim Notification Service and gave them the name of the FBI contact. I told them their two agencies should probably learn to talk to each other.
    Because of this I have an FBI file which has caused numerous delays from the NICS system when buying guns. This can be very inconvenient if the seller is some distance away from me. I had to get a NICS PIN to try to help with this.
    Below is a list of some of the people from this particular ring. The emails I get from the DOJ VNS tell about their progress through the legal system. Many of them are being sentenced and then released early. Some are turned over to immigration authorities and even fewer are actually deported - only to come right back again illegally. This list does not violate their 'rights' because it is public information.
    "Well meaning but misguided" defendants
    Xerxes Shevar
    Gcobisa Kehle
    Loyiso Kula
    Abiodun Tijani
    Funmilayo Aliyu
    Samuel Sobaloju
    Kwame Asamoah
    Doherty Kushimo
    Abiodun Bakre
    Saburi Adeyemi
    Adetunji Gbadegeshi
    Adebola Mejule
    Idowu Olugbade
    Alaire Sanya
    Olanrewaju Ajetunmobi
    Olusegun Akinwale
    Olayinka Olurinde
    Festus Owusu

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    My identity was stolen a few years ago and they used my social security number and other information to get credit cards, open bank accounts and file fraudulent tax returns. Now I get a PIN number from IRS every year so when I file my taxes I don't get rejected because somebody else already filed using my information. A few of the people in this ring got caught but there were millions more out there doing this type of crime. This particular ring was in Pittsburgh and I have an FBI contact in Pittsburgh that is trying to deal with this and I have an address where much of the tax fraud money was sent.
    I was visited by two IRS agents that were wondering why I was withdrawing $5K per day out of my bank account(fraudulent) in Pittsburgh. I had to explain that it wasn't me. I showed them over 100 emails I have received from the DOJ Victim Notification Service and gave them the name of the FBI contact. I told them their two agencies should probably learn to talk to each other.
    Because of this I have an FBI file which has caused numerous delays from the NICS system when buying guns. This can be very inconvenient if the seller is some distance away from me. I had to get a NICS PIN to try to help with this.
    Below is a list of some of the people from this particular ring. The emails I get from the DOJ VNS tell about their progress through the legal system. Many of them are being sentenced and then released early. Some are turned over to immigration authorities and even fewer are actually deported - only to come right back again illegally. This list does not violate their 'rights' because it is public information.
    "Well meaning but misguided" defendants
    Xerxes Shevar
    Gcobisa Kehle
    Loyiso Kula
    Abiodun Tijani
    Funmilayo Aliyu
    Samuel Sobaloju
    Kwame Asamoah
    Doherty Kushimo
    Abiodun Bakre
    Saburi Adeyemi
    Adetunji Gbadegeshi
    Adebola Mejule
    Idowu Olugbade
    Alaire Sanya
    Olanrewaju Ajetunmobi
    Olusegun Akinwale
    Olayinka Olurinde
    Festus Owusu

I've heard identity theft is a real nightmare.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Headed across the border to Meeeeeeechigan tomorrow to have dinner and drinks at our favorite winery/brewery/distillery.

But wait, you say... Michigan banned indoor dining?

True. And while we won't be able to eat and drink inside their 80' diameter round barn, cause ya know, the 'Rona would get us. We'll be perfectly safe in these lovely, heated, 8' diameter igloos...

0bc952a7-1e28-45ea-a055-19e82b11f36c.jpeg

Can't wait.:rolleyes:

That looks awesome, with a hint of something out of Demolition Man. You're down with the three seashells, yes? :)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This still doesn't make sense. If you get vaccinated you shouldn't need to care whether anyone near you has been vaccinated or not. If an unvaccinated person takes a flight they are only risking themselves, if everyone on the flight must be vaccinated then who is the requirement protecting and why does it make sense? Only in a mixed environment would it be useful.

I forgot to mention there is another huge benefit to getting as many people vaccinated as possible: reducing or eliminating replication of the virus.

The way I understand virology is that viruses mutate randomly. The more times they reproduce, the more mutations you get. Most mutations don't make a significant change from our standpoint. But the more the virus is out there replicating in people, the more likely it produces a vaccine-resistant strain.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Were you not cautioning me upthread that 90% efficacy still meant 10% were exposed? Would not the interaction between any two random individuals result in a 1% risk of new infection in that scenario? 1% of 331 million would seem to be a potential viral reservoir of 3+ million even at 100% compliance, would that not be sufficient to drive ongoing mutation (without even considering migration from other parts of the world)?

I'm not saying don't get vaccinated, I'm just willing to let you go first. I am uneasy when people will argue that herd immunity won't work but a vaccine will (although it would seem both rely on the same immune mechanisms) and am less interested in something that ends up being cut from the same cloth as masking, where the goal isn't to end the problem but just to make it seem better. If the vaccine still won't protect enough to resume normal economic activity unless everybody gets it, and becomes an excuse for government to track and direct us in even more overt ways (such as proof of vaccination papers or vaccination electronic ID) I would prefer people were cognizant of the potential for abuse

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom