• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I almost picked one of these up from Bailey's. Let us know how it runs.
    Sure will, now to find a heat deflector for it. I was thinking of trying this one. When I pick it up I'm going to take some measurements but it should work.

After buying the grill and checking out the accessories, I think I'll end up having more wrapped up in them than the grill. But I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it, can't be any worse than an old Brinkman offset that you have to babysit every hour or so, and just eats charcoal if it's cold or rainy. I will say in decent weather I've been able to stretch it out to 2-3 hours between tends doing the charcoal snake method though. I can't really complain about her too much though, almost 19 years and all I've had to replace is the charcoal grates and thermometer. It needs all new wood and a good refinishing which I figure I'll be able to do a tear down and rebuild after I get the new one up and running.

I've pretty much only ever used an offset or a weber style kettle so I'm sure there is going to be a heck of a learning curve.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I meant to post this several days ago and forgot. I didn’t take any pics but I believe I’ve cracked the code for making the best chicken fried rice on my griddle. If The surface isn’t so hot you cook the entire thing in a frenzy afraid it’ll burn, you’re not doing it right.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I meant to post this several days ago and forgot. I didn’t take any pics but I believe I’ve cracked the code for making the best chicken fried rice on my griddle. If The surface isn’t so hot you cook the entire thing in a frenzy afraid it’ll burn, you’re not doing it right.
    So I take it you want a hot ass griddle and cook it quick like a Benihana chef.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Just ordered a Camp Chef SG30 pellet grill. Never smoked before so this should be fun to start with. Planning on getting some grill grates so maybe I can get hot enough to sear steaks too. If not I can always fire up the charcoal kettle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom