Not open for further replies.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    What a summer this was...

A few years ago we retired our 10 year old Weber Spirit due to rusted parts and switched to rolling a curb-find Coleman Roadtrip in and out of the garage. That worked... but I wanted a "real" grill again.

A couple months ago I started browsing Marketplace daily for deals and found a very well maintained 15 yr old Weber Genesis and started grilling seriously again. Well, it snowballed from there. Now we have TWO used Genesis grills (2007 and 2016), a Performer Deluxe (gas starting charcoal), and a 14" Smokey Joe for camping... then yesterday my wife and went to Target and found a kettle grill pizza oven attachment for $29 and Pit Boss pellet smoker for $120.

I didn't think I wanted a dedicated smoker (I had planned to smoke in the charcoal grill) until she actually stopped me from walking away from it when I told her people use them to make City Barbecue at home.

I'm going to learn to smoke with the Pit Boss, use the 2007 Genesis for most grilling, the charcoal grill for finer steaks and pizzas, and then the 2016 Genesis may be a dedicated rotisserie since I prefer the 2007 Genesis burner layout for most other things.

Fall is going to be delicious.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    What a summer this was...

A few years ago we retired our 10 year old Weber Spirit due to rusted parts and switched to rolling a curb-find Coleman Roadtrip in and out of the garage. That worked... but I wanted a "real" grill again.

A couple months ago I started browsing Marketplace daily for deals and found a very well maintained 15 yr old Weber Genesis and started grilling seriously again. Well, it snowballed from there. Now we have TWO used Genesis grills (2007 and 2016), a Performer Deluxe (gas starting charcoal), and a 14" Smokey Joe for camping... then yesterday my wife and went to Target and found a kettle grill pizza oven attachment for $29 and Pit Boss pellet smoker for $120.

I didn't think I wanted a dedicated smoker (I had planned to smoke in the charcoal grill) until she actually stopped me from walking away from it when I told her people use them to make City Barbecue at home.

I'm going to learn to smoke with the Pit Boss, use the 2007 Genesis for most grilling, the charcoal grill for finer steaks and pizzas, and then the 2016 Genesis may be a dedicated rotisserie since I prefer the 2007 Genesis burner layout for most other things.

Fall is going to be delicious.
    I have built my own grill and smoker, and have using both for over ten years. A small welding machine and some scrap, you can build them rather cheaply.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Made some buffalo chicken shotgun shells for the first time this weekend for my fantasy football draft party. They were a huge hit.

Raw Manicotti stuffed with a mixture of 2.5lbs ground chicken, 8oz cream cheese, 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup buffalo sauce.

After shells are stuffed using a homemade piping bag (Ziploc bag with a corner cut off), wrap in bacon. Cheap thin bacon is best so it will stretch easily and completely cover the pasta.

Smoke at 300 for 1 hour then glaze with buffalo sauce and maple syrup.

It is best if you can prepare them the day before you grill them and let the sit overnight to let the pasta soften a little bit.

20220904_102527.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ^^^:thatshot:^^^

Have a Bullseye and a 700 myself.

fD6a9xSl.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Reverse sear Chuck Roast. Salt, pepper, garlic and McCormick steak seasoning. An hour in the smoker with some hickory till it hit 115 and then onto the hot cast iron. Finished temp of 130. Slice it like brisket. Eats like steak. Kids snatched most of it before getting a picView attachment 224613View attachment 224614

That looks delicious!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Did this for my dad's golf group BBQ Friday.

20220915_132919.jpg

I prefer a wet smoke for pork butt. Dry cider is my go-to (sadly, the one I used here has been discontinued):
    20220915_165905.jpg

This smoke goes for 16-20 hours, which leaves plenty of time to develop a solid bark.

Sorry, I didn't have time to get any "after" photos. The whole thing got scarfed by the guys, so I guess it was okay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom