• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If they feel his policies helped create the atmosphere that contributed to the murder, they are honoring them by trying to change that before they bury more.

They can't take their protest elsewhere? If the police can protest the mayor at the funeral, can the Garner protesters protest the police at the same funeral?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    They can't take their protest elsewhere? If the police can protest the mayor at the funeral, can the Garner protesters protest the police at the same funeral?

It's easy to get your jollies by stirring the pot from your recliner. I'm guessing you would be singing a different tune if that was your brother or son laying in the casket.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So it's ok for groups we agree with to politicize funerals.

You are putting the police protestors on the same level as the police in general here.

Let me break it down for you brother in the most plain, to the point language I can come up with.........
    The protestors are ****ing scumbags, the lot of them, without exception, no ifs, ands or buts.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You are putting the police protestors on the same level as the police in general here.

Let me break it down for you brother in the most plain, to the point language I can come up with.........
    The protestors are ****ing scumbags, the lot of them, without exception, no ifs, ands or buts.

So it's ok for groups we agree with to politicize funerals.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Protesting the MAYOR at a funeral is not political?

So it's ok for groups we agree with to PROTEST funerals?

deblasio is a dickhead that contributed to the cops getting killed. He is directly to blame for the funeral.
    They are not protesting the funeral.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope, deblasio is trying to distance himself from his ill advised ****up. He had no business politicizing this from the start.

Again, you are having a disconnect of conscious on this.

No disconnect at all. I believe ALL POLITICALIZATION OR PROTEST FOR ANY REASON AT A FUNERAL FOR ANYONE IS CLASSLESS.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No disconnect at all. I believe ALL POLITICALIZATION OR PROTEST FOR ANY REASON AT A FUNERAL FOR ANYONE IS CLASSLESS.

Sorry, its not a politicalization or a protest by the cops.
    deblasio has already made his position and his support clear, it's not for the cops.
    Why do they have to give him the courtesy of listening to his lies?

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

If I die in the line of duty my friends know my wishes and so does my wife. Since NYPD allowed officers to request the mayor not come to their funeral the same may apply here. If you don't get the difference between invited and uninvited, between honoring wishes and making a scene the person would dispise, I can't help you.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What if the family did not want him there and he showed up anyway? When one of our officers was shot in the face 8 years ago (lost his eye but is still an officer), Mayor Peterson arrived to the hospital to see him. The officer made it clear that he did not want anything to do with the mayor and refused him. If he had died, his wishes would have been made clear during the funeral planning but POLITICS would have the mayor show up and speak anyway. So a mayor can shoehorn themselves into a funeral he is not wanted at and be ok but the officers who feel he has some responsibility in this situation refuse to acknowledge his presence is wrong? There were no sighs waiving, no shouting, no disruption of the funeral....a silent sign of contempt. Are you sure the family was not OK with this?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    All police officers (besides heads of agencies) must of necessity be circumspect in their participation in Politics (with a big "P" as opposed to "politics" of the "office" variety that are endemic to any job) as an adjunct to their job of enforcing law with impartiality. Thus they are pretty restricted in the amount of political protest in which they can engage. "Shunning" a Mayor who has shown his disdain for them is an appropriate action, in my opinion. And since that particular Mayor's speeches arguably contributed to negativity toward the police - as a whole - by a segment of the population, which arguably led to this assassination, I think they were justified, whether the Mayor was invited to speak or not.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    What if the family did not want him there and he showed up anyway? When one of our officers was shot in the face 8 years ago (lost his eye but is still an officer), Mayor Peterson arrived to the hospital to see him. The officer made it clear that he did not want anything to do with the mayor and refused him. If he had died, his wishes would have been made clear during the funeral planning but POLITICS would have the mayor show up and speak anyway. So a mayor can shoehorn themselves into a funeral he is not wanted at and be ok but the officers who feel he has some responsibility in this situation refuse to acknowledge his presence is wrong? There were no sighs waiving, no shouting, no disruption of the funeral....a silent sign of contempt. Are you sure the family was not OK with this?
    The family could have him trespassed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

If the family didn't want him there, then I have no problem with them going to the media before or after. The police used this funeral to lodge their protest because they knew it would gain nation attention and widespread media coverage.

Top Bottom