• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    For instance, IF I wanted to challenge a law I feel is injust, such as the licensure law (which I do not at this time), The only way I have heard to do it is to violate the law and gain standing, which as was mentioned could land me in the Greybar Inn for many years.

It just seems to me that so much of it is un accesable to us layman unless we are LE or have passed a bar exam, etc.

Seriously? You really need to hang around with a different crowd if that is what you are hearing. What moron told you that advice?

It is very accessible if you truly want it. Getting solely on INGO and posting this kind of thread is not going to get you there - you need to do true research and fully know the credibility of each contributor. Some answers will just not be easy. People have presented the IC (which is accessible by anybody) and that is a great start. From there do your research.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    First I am "hanging with a different crowd" now. In pursuit of more knowledgeable folks than the ones Ipersonaly know.

I am not "solely on INGO" this seemed like a good mix of knowledgeable folks local to my state so they would be the most familiar with answers to the questions I ask. As I stated earlier one of my dads is a 30 year LEO, but in FLA, not where I live.

Also I did not start this thread to ask if it was ok, I did the due dilligence myself, had partof the IC quoted to me and I myself corrected some misguided opinions.

So how would I learn to represent myself pro se? What is the alternative to gain standing in court to challenge the constitutionality of laws?

I know there is a statute that says Indiana law is written in the everyday common usages, but then they write those everyday words often times in such a way as to make it look like a verbal chinese puzzle , so to speak.

How about if you wanted to clear up percieved ambiguity in statutes/code?

I do try, very hard, and this forum is just one more step on the path I am already on to understanding.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You are perfectly legal to carry that cap and ball gun any where in Indiana a license holder is legal to carry their firearm.

Because there is no license involved to carry it in Indiana, it's impossible to have license reciprocity.

Any where it would be illegal to carry a long arm or for a license holder to carry a firearm, it would be illegal for you to carry your cap and ball gun. Beyond that any behavior with your weapon that would not be legal/appropriate with any other firearm, the same would be true of your cap and ball gun.

Half the crap in this thread getting unfamiliar people confused is coming from people who in truth are "unfamiliar". Heaven forbid they just shut up in that situation, but the LEGALITY OF IT ALL is just that simple.

That's the internet. You can expect the same from the police, there are a few there as well who rarely let what they don't know interfere with what they want, want to say, or want to be true. It’s totally up to you to know enough to sort them out and not be buffaloed by bluffers and blow hards.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You are perfectly legal to carry that cap and ball gun any where in Indiana a license holder is legal to carry their firearm.

Because there is no license involved to carry it in Indiana, it's impossible to have license reciprocity.

Any where it would be illegal to carry a long arm or for a license holder to carry a firearm, it would be illegal for you to carry your cap and ball gun. Beyond that any behavior with your weapon that would not be legal/appropriate with any other firearm, the same would be true of your cap and ball gun.

Half the crap in this thread getting unfamiliar people confused is coming from people who in truth are "unfamiliar". Heaven forbid they just shut up in that situation, but the LEGALITY OF IT ALL is just that simple.

That's the internet. You can expect the same from the police, there are a few there as well who rarely let what they don't know interfere with what they want. It’s totally up to you to know enough to sort them out and not be buffaloed by bluffers and blow hards.

I'd rep you but I'm out. :yesway:

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I dont personally care if its legal or not. I have friends who CC without a license and they have no malicious intent. They just dont believe a license should be required. I dont either, but to me, its not worth it. I jumped through the hoops and got my lifetime license to carry so I never have to worry about it.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I dont personally care if its legal or not. I have friends who CC without a license and they have no malicious intent. They just dont believe a license should be required. I dont either, but to me, its not worth it. I jumped through the hoops and got my lifetime license to carry so I never have to worry about it.

Whether they believe it or not will not keep them out of bracelets or out of jail. Disregard for firearms law is not only ignorant but is down right stupid. Not only does it make anti's argument stronger it makes the firearm owners as a community look bad. Kind of like driving around in a vehicle that is out of code.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I was reading though the 2011 legislative session thread, and for the most part I agree that the changes are needed.

What I need help with is figuring out how the new IC code will affect me in the current situation.

For me, an unlicensed CC (so far) guy carrying a BP C&B, what are the reprocussions of the new laws?

Last edited:

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Whether they believe it or not will not keep them out of bracelets or out of jail. Disregard for firearms law is not only ignorant but is down right stupid. Not only does it make anti's argument stronger it makes the firearm owners as a community look bad. Kind of like driving around in a vehicle that is out of code.

I disagree. I believe most people who choose to carry without a license (Im talking about good guys here) do so because they do not believe in having their rights infringed. They do not believe in jumping through big brothers hoops just to exercise a fundamental right.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I disagree. I believe most people who choose to carry without a license (Im talking about good guys here) do so because they do not believe in having their rights infringed. They do not believe in jumping through big brothers hoops just to exercise a fundamental right.

Still not going to keep them out of jail, and given the choice between having the right stripped completely and jumping through a hoop to exercise a right I will take the second one everytime. Not saying I like that choice but those carrying constitutionally are not carrying legally no matter how wrong it is.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Still not going to keep them out of jail, and given the choice between having the right stripped completely and jumping through a hoop to exercise a right I will take the second one everytime. Not saying I like that choice but those carrying constitutionally are not carrying legally no matter how wrong it is.

I understand. I am completely against requiring a license to carry, but I have one anyway.

However, I support the people who choose to carry without a license.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    For me, an unlicensed CC (so far) guy carrying a BP C&B, what are the reprocussions of the new laws?

As far as I can see they would have no impact on your situation any more than they impact any other gun-owner.

They did not change the firearms or handgun definitions.

Also, thanks for bringing this topic up.

I figured most "gun people" would have already known this part of the law. Obviously, I was mistaken.

I've got a step-son who spent a few months in prison for a non-violent crime (stupid kid...:rolleyes:) & have told him that BP guns are legal for him to own & carry.

I basically told him the same things you've brought up. While it may not be the "best" it is still better than nothing if he or his family is in dire straits since his Right to self-defense tools is limited.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've got a step-son who spent a few months in prison for a non-violent crime (stupid kid...:rolleyes:) & have told him that BP guns are legal for him to own & carry.

Depending on the crime, this may or may not be true, so be careful.

Regarding the new laws, under SB292 (the new state pre-emption law) if there is a public building that opts for metal detectors, there is an exception for LTCH-holders that they basically get to bypass the metal detectors and carry inside the building (generally). You would not be able to carry your bp pistol past the metal detectors, and you may leave the LEO standing there in a bit of a quandry with what to do with your bp pistol....

Of course, there is still much to work out with how that law will be implemented.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I basically told him the same things you've brought up. While it may not be the "best" it is still better than nothing if he or his family is in dire straits since his Right to self-defense tools is limited.

Yeah, I know.

It was check fraud, theft & maintaining a public nuisance. Nothing on the SVF list that I could find.

May be with a gun he can move up to something more substantial on his resume.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    May be with a gun he can move up to something more substantial on his resume.

Maybe.

I'm doing my best to train him up in my "liberal ways" so he can become the best criminal around...

:rolleyes:

Or just maybe he was a stupid kid who made some stupid mistakes. You know kids do that every now & then, don't you? Are you and everyone you know, & have EVER been associated with, perfect? No "youthful indiscretions" that could have gotten you or them arrested if they had been caught? If you say "no" then you're a liar. It's IMPOSSIBLE to go through life without making any serious MISTAKES. If you say "yes" then you're a hypocrite.

Going to jail actually helped him get his priorities straight. I don't excuse him for what he did but he's taken on a lot of responsibility since then. He's got a wife & kids now & is determined to stay out of trouble. Jail, in this case, actually did what it was supposed to do. Imagine that.

I know you won't believe it can happen but it does. And honestly, I really don't give a rat's @$$ what you think.

Thanks for joining in AGAIN with your snide, rude & POINTLESS comments. For someone who tries to hold others to such high standards I think you need to look in the mirror & hold yourself to those same higher standards at least where basic civility is concerned.

Being a HUGE @$$hole may be "cute" to some people but eventually those @$$holes wear thin & then they just become annoying. Unless, of course, you're just another @$$hole...

:rolleyes:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    uh huh.

Who knows may be there's more stupid kids out there with felonies, who knows what they really did, you can help get guns. I hope they all live near you.

I'm too busy being cute to do favors for felons. Glad to hear jail helped him, I'm all for it. More jail the better.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom