• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I guess they think luxury car owners dont like to get their hands dirty too. Jokes on them ill throw an sbc in it and make it work.

I pulled a BMW out of some snow with a tow strap and an old beat up truck after the latest "historical snow storm".

That wasn't you, was it?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I pulled a BMW out of some snow with a tow strap and an old beat up truck after the latest "historical snow storm".

That wasn't you, was it?
    No wasnt me. Although i dont doubt one day ill end up in one. I do enjoy turning off the nanny controls and letting it play a little sometimes. Its a good car, aside from ridiculous crap. But Ive always driven a truck, still have an s10 but that aint going anywhere in snow. Had to get rid of my "real" truck when my grandmothers health started going down and I began to take her to all her dr appointments. So I went and got something she could easily get into and could ride in comfort.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Mini bikes - Heath kit mini bikes.

When I was but a wee lad, my dad had mini bikes for all 5 of us. His had some sort of spring 2 speed transmission, Ma's had suspension, and me and my sisters just the basic ones. Mine had my name in gold letters on the rear fender. (whoo-hoo now, then it was awesome).
    One winter the rest of the tribe came to visit, and two uncles and I took the mini bikes out in the snow. One area was a swampy sort of place, mostly frozen over. Get out on the ice, try to get going to get to the next clump of grass/brush sticking up thru the ice, while avoiding the soft spots and holes. We got home soaked to the waist. It is a grand memory for me.

Renting horses to go hunting or camping. There were several pack stations in the area, and you could rent horses to head for parts known and unknown. While I didn't mind the walking trips, horses made it better.

I grew up where the sign for my avatar was placed.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Mule deer hunting with my Dad in west Texas. We went every year, and the season was only two weeks long. He would arrange with my teachers to get my schoolwork so I could go, and it was not boutique. Most years we hunted the same ranch and stayed in the bunkhouse with a wood fired stove. Mule deer hunting is so much different. You can't just sit in a tree (there are no trees) and you have to walk and glass, and stalk until you can get within range. I loved doing that with him. Learned many life lessons. He was an exceptional marksman with a rifle, and I personally watched him drop a mule deer at 750 yards.

Also working on our ranch in Texas with my Dad. Every weekend started out the same. Saturday morning, get up at 0530 and go to Juanita's for breakfast tacos and coffee. By 0700 we were on the ranch digging post holes, fixing fence, or riding herd separating those that were to go to auction. There was always something to do. Hated it then, but miss it now.....

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Also operating machinery. By 10 i was plowing field with our Ford 4000. By 13 I was running our D6 Cat bulldozer. I miss working the land to make it what you want it to be.

Now I just do ammo logistics, which I love, but I'd trade it in a heartbeat to work the land again.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Got involved in a project that ended up with me working with an even older guy.... got to talking with him. Turns out he ran in the same circle of guys my Dad ran in...what a great walk down memory lane.

Glad I showed up early.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Boiled eggs
    Some bread.
    Black coffee.

Things from yesterday and not forgotten when you're digging in for some yotes.

Fare thee well, thin skinned **** your pants boys.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I saw this thread here.....

It reminded me of how much I miss seeing some beautiful cars.

It's been a long time since I've been to a car show. I think the last one was a Good Guys show down at IMS. I remember it was one of those beautiful fall days where the air is a bit cool and the sun is bright and warm. Perfect for walking around with a large, over priced beer, and talking to guys that are proud of their machines.

There are always great people at events like that.

Top Bottom