WaffleIron.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Do they have vids about OC?

Travis Haley - I have a Smith & Wesson M&P concealed right here. (points to groin, where he has a M&P 9c in a Smartcarry)
    Chris Costa - Oh, you have room for one? I don't.
    Travis Haley - (puzzled look)
    Chris Costa - Boom, that **** just happened!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    (and by "hater" I mean those who criticize the unimportant-- not folks who simply disagree with an opinion)
    I may be mis-reading your post but are you implying that everything other than the information being presented is unimportant?

If that isn't what you meant then I apologize. If it is what you meant then I disagree. The manner in which the material is presented, and more importantly the character of the person presenting the material is as much, or even more important than the material itself IMHO. I can go to any number of instructors and learn techniques that are nearly the exact same. Why would I choose to learn that material from a person that is brash, disrespectful, demeaning, and full of himself when I have the option to learn it from some respectful, professional, well-mannered guys like those at ACT or many of the other good trainers out there?

Personally, the way JY conducts himself is counter to my morals, and I will not voluntarily expose myself to a person that conducts themselves that way nor will I willingly support him. So I do think the people that are criticizing him for the way he conducts himself have valid points in their criticizing remarks.

:twocents:

ETA, if you found out that your child's 3rd grade teacher was JY and he taught math to your children the way he conducts himself in these videos would you brush it off and say, "Eh, the manner in which he teaches isn't important, he's a smart man and he knows a lot about the subject he is teaching so my child is in good hands."

I sure wouldn't... I would be livid... my child certainly would not be learning math from a foul-mouthed, disrespectful, self-absorbed, "macho man".

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom