• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    <--- would never turn down free training, even with Yeager.. :D

Okay, as unexpected as this is, I have a few things to say.
    1. I like appendix carry, especially for a 2nd or 3rd gun. It gives you some extra options, especially if you're on your back or backed against a wall, or seated in a car, or . . . etc. You can also reach it with either hand, even if you have the fatal combination of an extreme successful lifestyle physique combine with stubby, t-rex arms.
    2. The late, great Bruce Nelson created his Summer Special IWB holster for carrying in the appendix position, and that's where he carried using it.
    3. Some of this stuff must be affecting me. Today I wore a t-shirt that was brightly colored and slightly snugger than usual. Furthermore, I called bwframe a mean name, which is not that far from challenging him to gladiatorial combat to the death. TO THE DEATH.
    4. Has anyone noticed that recently I've emphasized statements by repeating part of them in bold/italic?
    5. I don't think anyone who has received an offer of a class from ACT has accepted. Could this be because they think we might beat them into a condition reminiscent of a delicious, fluffy, mostly flat breakfast cake? I hope not, because we are committed pacifists. Plus, we're not good fighters. Well, I can only speak for myself. I'm weak and not a good fighter, so I'm not going to try any of that stuff. And even if I were strong and a good fighter, I'd be too lazy to fight with anyone. It's too much exertion and might lead to sweating or getting contused and lacerated.
    6. One of the keys to effective appendix carry is finding a holster/gun combination that works for you. In general, if you're squishy like me and you carry guns that are grip-heavy like I do, you'll be better served by a holster that sits lower inside the waistband and with both fore and aft belt connections. Guns that are lighter in the grip are more forgiving because they're less likely to flop outward and potentially out of your holster/waistband completely.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Okay, as unexpected as this is, I have a few things to say.
    1. I like appendix carry, especially for a 2nd or 3rd gun. It gives you some extra options, especially if you're on your back or backed against a wall, or seated in a car, or . . . etc. You can also reach it with either hand, even if you have the fatal combination of an extreme successful lifestyle physique combine with stubby, t-rex arms.
    2. The late, great Bruce Nelson created his Summer Special IWB holster for carrying in the appendix position, and that's where he carried using it.
    3. Some of this stuff must be affecting me. Today I wore a t-shirt that was brightly colored and slightly snugger than usual. Furthermore, I called bwframe a mean name, which is not that far from challenging him to gladiatorial combat to the death. TO THE DEATH.
    4. Has anyone noticed that recently I've emphasized statements by repeating part of them in bold/italic?
    5. I don't think anyone who has received an offer of a class from ACT has accepted. Could this be because they think we might beat them into a condition reminiscent of a delicious, fluffy, mostly flat breakfast cake? I hope not, because we are committed pacifists. Plus, we're not good fighters. Well, I can only speak for myself. I'm weak and not a good fighter, so I'm not going to try any of that stuff. And even if I were strong and a good fighter, I'd be too lazy to fight with anyone. It's too much exertion and might lead to sweating or getting contused and lacerated.
    6. One of the keys to effective appendix carry is finding a holster/gun combination that works for you. In general, if you're squishy like me and you carry guns that are grip-heavy like I do, you'll be better served by a holster that sits lower inside the waistband and with both fore and aft belt connections. Guns that are lighter in the grip are more forgiving because they're less likely to flop outward and potentially out of your holster/waistband completely.
    No video, no creditability... :popcorn:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good post. :yesway: Do you have a video? :popcorn:

There is video of me teaching on our web site, but I've never done a video specifically for instructional intent. It's just never occurred to me. Now that I think about it, if I did one, even if it was a perfect educational tool, 99% of the responses would be about my enhanced physique and how I should get in shape before I worry about gun stuff. That could be fun!

I think Clay MIGHT have got a video of him dancing at the last DP101

We can only hope. It will be best if he has audio of my a capela rendition of Flo Rida's "Apple Bottom Jeans."

No video, no creditability... :popcorn:

You never did like me anyway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry....
    My bad... :dunno:

This weekend was no good for me, I spent it with another Staff Sergeant instructing about 70 Soldiers on the Basic Rifle marksmanship with the M-4 weapons system... :popcorn:
    pffft..:popcorn:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry....
    My bad... :dunno:

This weekend was no good for me, I spent it with another Staff Sergeant instructing about 70 Soldiers on the Basic Rifle marksmanship with the M-4 weapons system... :popcorn:

How many fbombs did you drop? And do you have video?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lest we get to far into a pissing contest here I would just like to point out that my "pfffft" was a sarcastic one and was in no way intended to question the integrity of anyone. Carry on. :popcorn:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Now that I think about it, if I did one, even if it was a perfect educational tool, 99% of the responses would be about my enhanced physique and how I should get in shape before I worry about gun stuff.

And I think this is part of the point Shay and bwframe have been trying to make.

If you put together a video I know it would be good material. It would be well thought-out, articulate, and it would make sense. But, because this is the internet, people would quickly dismiss it simply because you don't fit their mold of what a trainer should look like, or they don't like your haircut, or the way you speak, or whatever ridiculous thing they could make fun of you for that has ZERO to do with the topic being discussed.

That's a lot of pressure to take that kind of criticism, and most folks won't put themselves out there to take it.

I don't think Shay and bwframe are suggesting that those who post videos on YouTube are automatically experts, but rather that those experts that post YouTube videos are at least putting themselves out there, which is more than what the haters are willing to do.

(and by "hater" I mean those who criticize the unimportant-- not folks who simply disagree with an opinion)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It would have been easier for me if Larry f****** Vickers hadn't lost weight recently! HAHA!

And I think this is part of the point Shay and bwframe have been trying to make.

If you put together a video I know it would be good material. It would be well thought-out, articulate, and it would make sense. But, because this is the internet, people would quickly dismiss it simply because you don't fit their mold of what a trainer should look like, or they don't like your haircut, or the way you speak, or whatever ridiculous thing they could make fun of you for that has ZERO to do with the topic being discussed.

That's a lot of pressure to take that kind of criticism, and most folks won't put themselves out there to take it.

I don't think Shay and bwframe are suggesting that those who post videos on YouTube are automatically experts, but rather that those experts that post YouTube videos are at least putting themselves out there, which is more than what the haters are willing to do.

(and by "hater" I mean those who criticize the unimportant-- not folks who simply disagree with an opinion)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers

Oh, I don't know about that. Costa? Haley? Suarez? I don't see them getting overwhelmed with comments like that. Heck, even some likable youtube yokel like Hickok doesn't generate that kind of response.

Maybe Nutnfancy but, imho, i see why! ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, I don't know about that. Costa? Haley? Suarez? I don't see them getting overwhelmed with comments like that.

I was gonna give it to you, but then you mention Suarez? :laugh: He's almost as hated as Yeager. Why? Because he bucks the system and is charismatic about his opinions (like Yeager is).

Costa gets some beard jokes here and there. No one makes fun of Haley because he's a handsome all-American soldier boy. :D Larry Vickers used to get hammered on ARFCOM because of his weight.

Heck, even some likable youtube yokel like Hickok doesn't generate that kind of response.

Maybe Nutnfancy but, imho, i see why! ;)

You can't hate on Hickok45-- he's old. :laugh:

I'll cop to saying that Nutnfancy is annoying and long-winded. But I also don't agree with his mindset (or "philosophy" or whatever) or opinions on gear. But typically I only share that when people ask "what do you think about Nutnfancy?", and not when one of his videos is being discussed.

Top Bottom