• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My uncle went to be with his Lord today after 2 weeks on a ventilator. He was a good, hardworking, kind man.

My aunt, his wife, is recovering in a rehab facility and will need to be there for at least a couple of weeks.

As for my personal covid story. There's not much to it. My younger son had a 2 day mild cold, turns out it wasn't a cold, right before Christmas, I caught it from him, and I had 4 days of a really bad sore throat and sinus congestion. My wife, other son, both daughters and my 85 year old mother-in-law all got it. All of us very mild. No lung issues, some headaches, fatigue, runny noses, sore throat.

My Mom (82) also got it this week. Very mild as well. We are thankful that my mother-in-law and my Mom had very mild sympoms.

It has been a rough several weeks for my uncle's family and it will be hard on my aunt after 50+ years of marriage.
    Very sorry to hear of your loss, Sir.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My uncle went to be with his Lord today after 2 weeks on a ventilator. He was a good, hardworking, kind man.

My aunt, his wife, is recovering in a rehab facility and will need to be there for at least a couple of weeks.

As for my personal covid story. There's not much to it. My younger son had a 2 day mild cold, turns out it wasn't a cold, right before Christmas, I caught it from him, and I had 4 days of a really bad sore throat and sinus congestion. My wife, other son, both daughters and my 85 year old mother-in-law all got it. All of us very mild. No lung issues, some headaches, fatigue, runny noses, sore throat.

My Mom (82) also got it this week. Very mild as well. We are thankful that my mother-in-law and my Mom had very mild sympoms.

It has been a rough several weeks for my uncle's family and it will be hard on my aunt after 50+ years of marriage.

So sorry Hough. Prayers up for you and the family.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Looks like I'm on round 2 of Covid after having it back in April. I think I got it from our family Christmas get together on Sunday Dec 26. Daughter started with a fever on Tuesday, and I started on Wednesday. Son started on Thursday. I took an at home Covid test Wednesday night and it was negative. Cool (I thought), people can actually get regular sick again. Low grade fever through Friday, mitigated by pushing over the counter cold medicine non-stop. Throat felt like I was swallowing glass. I've been sitting around with an old t-shirt to blow my nose which has been constantly dripping. Oh, and the sneezes... they are full body, make you hurt from head to toe sneezes. Slight cough, not from congestion, but from this constant tickle in my throat. Just felt like a seasonal cold...

Until last night when I couldn't smell dinner that I was cooking. Took another at home test and it was positive. Gave the test to my daughter and son, and they were both positive. Honestly, I wouldn't have known that it was Covid if I hadn't taken the test. Starting to feel better today, which is day 4.

Daily I take a multivitamin, and D3. Over the counter cold medicine has done well to keep it tolerable. If I'm feeling particularly bad, I go take a hot steamy shower, and it helps. Got some Vicks shower tablets and they are amazing. Hot Toddies made with honey, lemon, and Fireball really help the throat too.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I noticed on the ISDH a week ago, that people since Sept. that have got covid twice was around 7000.....came out to about .5% of the 1.2 million Hoosier who have had it....today I looked and was nearly 12,000 now, thats a big jump in just a week. It had been pretty rare to get it twice.....maybe not so much anymore.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Condolences for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Looks like I'm on round 2 of Covid after having it back in April. I think I got it from our family Christmas get together on Sunday Dec 26. Daughter started with a fever on Tuesday, and I started on Wednesday. Son started on Thursday. I took an at home Covid test Wednesday night and it was negative. Cool (I thought), people can actually get regular sick again. Low grade fever through Friday, mitigated by pushing over the counter cold medicine non-stop. Throat felt like I was swallowing glass. I've been sitting around with an old t-shirt to blow my nose which has been constantly dripping. Oh, and the sneezes... they are full body, make you hurt from head to toe sneezes. Slight cough, not from congestion, but from this constant tickle in my throat. Just felt like a seasonal cold...

Until last night when I couldn't smell dinner that I was cooking. Took another at home test and it was positive. Gave the test to my daughter and son, and they were both positive. Honestly, I wouldn't have known that it was Covid if I hadn't taken the test. Starting to feel better today, which is day 4.

Daily I take a multivitamin, and D3. Over the counter cold medicine has done well to keep it tolerable. If I'm feeling particularly bad, I go take a hot steamy shower, and it helps. Got some Vicks shower tablets and they are amazing. Hot Toddies made with honey, lemon, and Fireball really help the throat too.
    Prayers for you and your family that you all recover soon.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had patients at our dental office who had it twice in 2020. From what I was reading, having covid gives you immunity for about 90 days.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I noticed on the ISDH a week ago, that people since Sept. that have got covid twice was around 7000.....came out to about .5% of the 1.2 million Hoosier who have had it....today I looked and was nearly 12,000 now, thats a big jump in just a week. It had been pretty rare to get it twice.....maybe not so much anymore.
    It's the new mutation. Much more transmissible, even among the vaccinated and people who have had it before, but much milder symptoms.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We had patients at our dental office who had it twice in 2020. From what I was reading, having covid gives you immunity for about 90 days.

Honestly depends on the person from what I understand. My manager had it early in the whole scamdemic and was tested over a year later and was still showing a large amount of the antibodies. All of their family of 4 got it and none have had it again to this point.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    If I'm feeling particularly bad, I go take a hot steamy shower, and it helps. Got some Vicks shower tablets and they are amazing. Hot Toddies made with honey, lemon, and Fireball really help the throat too.
    The hot steamy shower makes my breathing worse. Tries to break up the congestion and I seem to just cough with no productive outcome.

The cough is all I have, until I try doing too much, then it seems I lose my breath a little.

My youngest decided to take a brisk walk yesterday for some reason. That didn't go over well for her. She wasn't much of a walker before so I have no idea why she decided to try it after covid.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Wife and I are on days 9 and 8 respectively. Felt pretty bad a few of those. Mostly I have a cough, roving muscle pain, and my head just feels really weird. Wife is getting ready to head into the ER. Her hands started going numb this morning and it spread to her arms and face. Can't wait till this crap is over.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks. Anyone else have weird symptoms with this?
    What are you taking / doing for treatment?

My wife just had a high fever but it was controllable with OTC meds. I had what felt like strep throat and a minimal fever, then it went away and turned into pneumonia a few days later.

We used a local urgent care (virtual visits) and were prescribed ivermectin and a z-pack.... then I got a few more after it turned into pneumonia.

Sending our prayers as well.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    What are you taking / doing for treatment?

My wife just had a high fever but it was controllable with OTC meds. I had what felt like strep throat and a minimal fever, then it went away and turned into pneumonia a few days later.

We used a local urgent care (virtual visits) and were prescribed ivermectin and a z-pack.... then I got a few more after it turned into pneumonia.

Sending our prayers as well.
    She did a 5 day course of ivermectin, quercitine, nac, C, zinc, and maybe D3.

I am on quercitine, zinc, C, D3, nac.

When did yours turn to pneumonia?

Thanks for the prayers.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    She did a 5 day course of ivermectin, quercitine, nac, C, zinc, and maybe D3.

I am on quercitine, zinc, C, D3, nac.

When did yours turn to pneumonia?

Thanks for the prayers.

That's pretty much the same stuff we took, no NAC thought.

My wife got her symptoms on a Sunday, started feeling better by Friday/Saturday (but hung Christmas lights with me that Wednesday and cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving). I wasn't bad at all when she was sick, just a fever and strep throat symptoms. I started feeling it a bit that following week though. Started to get bad on Wednesday, did an urgent care appointment on Thursday morning, was diagnosed with pneumonia and got two scripts for it. I was really bad that Saturday, but she was noticing improvements in me on Sunday. It took me until Friday to really be back on my feet, and that Monday I was back at work. So under two weeks from pneumonia diagnosis to back at it. Pulse ox got scary low for a bit...78-80 for 24 or so hours. I flat out said no hospital. Since then, I was short of breath for about a week or two at times, fully back to normal now.

Do you have a pulse oximeter? If not, buy one ASAP.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not really true. The Israeli studies showed better immunity after 6 months than the vax. I can tell you my immunity last 18 months before the wife brought it home from school. My second go around was much easier and the symptoms were lighter. Instead of 2 weeks of recovery it was about 5 days. Wife did not get it back in March 2020 and she struggled more so than I did this time but she’s had pneumonia that was worse than it was.

My mom just got it last week. She is vax’d and got it from her older sister also vax’d and their entire family also has it (vax’d). Symptoms are pretty consistent across the board.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Not really true. The Israeli studies showed better immunity after 6 months than the vax. I can tell you my immunity last 18 months before the wife brought it home from school. My second go around was much easier and the symptoms were lighter. Instead of 2 weeks of recovery it was about 5 days. Wife did not get it back in March 2020 and she struggled more so than I did this time but she’s had pneumonia that was worse than it was.

My mom just got it last week. She is vax’d and got it from her older sister also vax’d and their entire family also has it (vax’d). Symptoms are pretty consistent across the board.
    I know I have been exposed multiple times over the past couple of years. Patients would come in for treatment with no symptoms and a day or two later, we would get a call that they were positive, including a couple that were hospitalized. I work front desk so we have contact with just about everyone who comes thru the door. I was exposed by a coworker the week before Thanksgiving when I finally ended up positive.

The info I read stated at least 90 days. That was the least amount of time that it stated you could pretty much feel comfortable with having immunity after being positive. It did say that many experience longer immunity but it could not be expected beyond 90 days.

Top Bottom