• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Started cold symptoms on Thursday, got a positive test Friday morning. Feels just like a bad cold now, sense of smell just left but that has happened with colds before. State said they would call but haven’t yet.

Treating with pizza, coco krispies, graham crackers and bourbon barrel ale.

ETA: vaccinated in March and April 2021

Switch to cheap beer. Dont waste the good stuff on zero taste.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    My son in laws dad who is 67 got it....not sure how long he was bad but went to hospital and was admitted with pneumonia and tested positive for covid....2nd day he had to be put on ventilator, which was yesterday. Today something going on with his kidneys and they want to transfer to another hospital with a kidney machine.....no hospital will take him, they say all their kidney machines in use and can't help, and said no waiting list to be put on. Doctors just wanted the family to know nothing they can do.....doesn;t look good but keeping him in our prayers. He has not been vaccinated. Some family wonder since he didn't have a vaccine is the reason no one wants to help. Seems strange plenty of ventilators but no kidney machines.....?
    We will be praying. I've heard Remdesivir (what they use in combination with the vent) shuts down the kidneys, but I haven't heard anything about a kidney machine shortage until now. It does make sense though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And something to consider, is how common are the machines in general? It doesnt sound very common, and likely only the bigger hospitals would have them.

IANAD but a vent would exist in multiples in every hospital. Because when your patient stops breathing, you need one like, 5 minutes ago. There is no chance for deferral.

Kidney machines however... When your patient at the small hospital needs one, generally you have time to move them to another, larger facility to find the machine they need. So no every podunk backwater hospital needs to buy/maintain one.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    And something to consider, is how common are the machines in general? It doesnt sound very common, and likely only the bigger hospitals would have them.

IANAD but a vent would exist in multiples in every hospital. Because when your patient stops breathing, you need one like, 5 minutes ago. There is no chance for deferral.

Kidney machines however... When your patient at the small hospital needs one, generally you have time to move them to another, larger facility to find the machine they need. So no every podunk backwater hospital needs to buy/maintain one.
    What ticks me off is this hospital is right now spending multi MILLIONS $$$ building a another hospital in another town.....but they don't spend any $$$ on stuff needed like dialysis machine......? How long has covid been around and hospitals still not prepared....? But thy got $$$$ to build more hospitals. Or should they be called Holiday Inns for the sick so profits keep going up. Freaking Ebay has dialysis machines for $1000.00. If Jesus Christ came back today and started healing people it would be Hospitals putting out a contract to have him killed.....its not doctors or nurses its these freaking "lets make a profit only" hospitals...sorry for the rant.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My son in laws dad who is 67 got it....not sure how long he was bad but went to hospital and was admitted with pneumonia and tested positive for covid....2nd day he had to be put on ventilator, which was yesterday. Today something going on with his kidneys and they want to transfer to another hospital with a kidney machine.....no hospital will take him, they say all their kidney machines in use and can't help, and said no waiting list to be put on. Doctors just wanted the family to know nothing they can do.....doesn;t look good but keeping him in our prayers. He has not been vaccinated. Some family wonder since he didn't have a vaccine is the reason no one wants to help. Seems strange plenty of ventilators but no kidney machines.....?
    UPDATE: His kidneys started working better and now he doesn't need the dialysis machine, he was 14 on a waiting list of hospitals but wasn't ever going to get one. Also last night they took him off the meds that paralyze you and reducing oxygen in the ventilator and he looks like he may be off ventilator today, then guessing about a week of therapy and then home. Thank you Lord, and thanks to all that said a prayer, this has been great and welcome news for the family.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Had breakfast with my father, sister and her husband yesterday. I still have a cough but am good to go otherwise.

I found out that because I am not vaxxed I will get it again and I will get it bad that time. Even heard one say that they will come see me in the hospital while I am on a ventilator and they will try not to say told you so.

Probably the last family outing I will ever go to.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Had breakfast with my father, sister and her husband yesterday. I still have a cough but an good to go otherwise.

I found out that because I am not vaxxed I will get it again and I will get it bad that time. Even heard one say that they will come see me in the hospital while I am on a ventilator and they will try not to say told you so.

Probably the last family outing I will ever go to.
    Well they’re wrong. Second time around was a lot easier

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well they’re wrong. Second time around was a lot easier
    Just because you got it a second time and it wasn't as bad doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. Are you vaxxed? If not then you will die a horrible death.

It used to be that the first round would kill you. But since I got it and survived the narrative has changed. Now I will be on a vent up until I die.

My kids both got one shot, had a bad reaction and were told not to get the second. They will both die because they are quitters. Even tho they tried.

I am supposed to go take some stuff over to my dad for him to work on a project. Struggling with doing that. Maybe I should stay away because I might have already caught it again.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just because you got it a second time and it wasn't as bad doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. Are you vaxxed? If not then you will die a horrible death.

It used to be that the first round would kill you. But since I got it and survived the narrative has changed. Now I will be on a vent up until I die.

My kids both got one shot, had a bad reaction and were told not to get the second. They will both die because they are quitters. Even tho they tried.

I am supposed to go take some stuff over to my dad for him to work on a project. Struggling with doing that. Maybe I should stay away because I might have already caught it again.
    The worst part about this whole thing is not only the division it is causing this country, but the division that it is creating in families. So sad.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    UPDATE: His kidneys started working better and now he doesn't need the dialysis machine, he was 14 on a waiting list of hospitals but wasn't ever going to get one. Also last night they took him off the meds that paralyze you and reducing oxygen in the ventilator and he looks like he may be off ventilator today, then guessing about a week of therapy and then home. Thank you Lord, and thanks to all that said a prayer, this has been great and welcome news for the family.
    Awesome news!

I've heard a nurse say that the unvaxed should all be shot! It's getting absolutely insane the amount a division that is happening.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Awesome news!

I've heard a nurse say that the unvaxed should all be shot! It's getting absolutely insane the amount a division that is happening.
    Ya and my daughter in law whose father in law wasn't vax above said he was going to die, no hope and bullied my wife for not getting the vax either. Funny how "they" are so concerned about others and they are so above everyone.....I never knew we had so many Narcissists walking among us.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I started feeling "strange" like my head spinning a little last Thursday evening. Temperature was elevated for a couple hours but not an official fever level, only 99.7. Wasn't even sure I was sick until Sunday when I couldn't smell my coffee anymore and had mild body aches, took a home test and came up positive.

I will turn 60 in 6 weeks, unvaxxed, and had been taking the recommended vitamins C, D, zinc and famotidine (pepcid) and baby aspirin for the past couple months. Other than loss of smell and minor body aches, I have had no other symptoms, my taste buds are fine though.

I'm on day 6 of self isolation at home and cabin fever has been the worst part so far. Nothing to do but reload bunches of ammo and stare at the TV. I'll test myself again in a few days to check and hopefully will be home free.

Guess I should consider myself lucky, not even a slight cough developed (**knocks-on-wood**).

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I started feeling "strange" like my head spinning a little last Thursday evening. Temperature was elevated for a couple hours but not an official fever level, only 99.7. Wasn't even sure I was sick until Sunday when I couldn't smell my coffee anymore and had mild body aches, took a home test and came up positive.

I will turn 60 in 6 weeks, unvaxxed, and had been taking the recommended vitamins C, D, zinc and famotidine (pepcid) and baby aspirin for the past couple months. Other than loss of smell and minor body aches, I have had no other symptoms, my taste buds are fine though.

I'm on day 6 of self isolation at home and cabin fever has been the worst part so far. Nothing to do but reload bunches of ammo and stare at the TV. I'll test myself again in a few days to check and hopefully will be home free.

Guess I should consider myself lucky, not even a slight cough developed (**knocks-on-wood**).
    The cough has been the worst for the wife and. And the fatigue.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Congrats on surviving it. Even more so on not getting the cough... if it wasn't for that I would have laughed at getting it.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    My dad started rona symptoms 15 days ago, and went to the ER 9 days ago because his O2 levels were low. Admitted with a partially collapsed lung and has been in the hospital since. Spent almost a week with a leaky chest tube that no one caught until the new pulmonologist came in at the start of the week. :xmad: He has had a some trouble keeping his O2 levels up the last day or two, mostly when they get him up out of bed. He's on some sort of steroid for inflammation, and there going to put him on Barcitinib? Not sure why they didn't order monoclonal antibodies that everyone seems to say works well. Family is a little frustrated with the missed leak and endless conflicting info depending on who you talk to. Prayers appreciated.

Top Bottom