• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Snakes, spiders, bugs all around, heights, tight places, etc...that stuff doesn't phase me at all. I mean sure, if a giant bee is buzzing my head, Ill flinch or move out of the way...but that's because i don't want to get stung. :thumbsup:

The only thing that really has an effect on me is open water, which sucks because i love swimming/fishing/boating/snorkeling (basically all water sports). Every time I'm in the water my mind is racing and I'm constantly worried about not knowing whats around/below me. I basically grew up in a lake/pond, but when i swam across, i meant business...straight swim, no stopping till i got to the other side.

I never let that fear stop me from doing anything though. In the Bahamas, i was snorkeling above a 6000 ft. deep trench while sharks ate from a bait box 30-40 feet below me...i was scared s***less and constantly looking around, but i did it

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Fire. Jan 2013 our house burned down. By the time I made it out of the building the ceiling was collapsing on me. Once I had secured all the animals I collapsed on the ground vomiting. My eyes stung and watered so bad I could barely see. I made my way to the ambulance. Asked for water and was told by the driver "This is no 7/11, get the hell out of here you drunk." As I am walking away another vehicle pulls up and asks the ambulance driver if anyone was home when the fire started. He told them "No, nobody was home." I made my way to a neighbors house for help. I just did not physically have it in me to open my mouth and tell him how I really felt. Fast forward six months and I was still coughing and having trouble breathing. At times after the fire I truly wanted to just die. My burns were minor and healed on their own. My eyes got better after about a month. Today my breathing is better and no longer labored or painful. I still wake up in the middle of the night having panic attacks. I will still smell it, taste it, see it, feel it when I wake. This happens about once a week these days which is still a lot better than a few months ago. How traumatized the fire made me and how much I suffered my biggest fear is being burned alive and knowing fact that even the medical responders wont life a finger to help. I burn as they sit there on their ass and enjoy the show.

Ok I shared more than enough now.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow, actually, the big water thing bugs me too. Seems I'm not alone.

Maybe it's a broader fear of the unknown. If you are standing on solid ground you feel like you know where you are and whats going on around you.
    On water, anything could be just below your feet and you would never have any idea. You can't see it but you know it's there.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I hate tight space, I'm ok in a small room or an elevator, but I tried caving ( not like walking tour those are fine, but like crawling though tiny passage ways)once, and well yeah had somebody tried to stop me from leaving they may have died. I also absolutely hate needles, to the point that I can't even see someone get a shot on TV without getting light headed. I blame this on having to have pins sticking out of my arm for 4 weeks when I was 16 from an ATV wreck.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I hate tight space, I'm ok in a small room or an elevator, but I tried caving ( not like walking tour those are fine, but like crawling though tiny passage ways)once, and well yeah had somebody tried to stop me from leaving they may have died. ..............

I'm with you................ I guess I have more "fears" than I thought...... :( \/

morrils-cave-crevice.jpg

No thanks.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm with you................ I guess I have more "fears" than I thought...... :( \/

morrils-cave-crevice.jpg

No thanks.

That looks exactly like a cave I went caving in somewhere in Indiana...maybe wolf cave? A supposed friend of mine took me in it at night and he rushed through it leaving me behind. It was so tight, I broke my light. Finally made it to the exit which looked just like that pic. Very tight squeeze for even the scrawny teen I was. After I found him in the woods, there WAS a fight.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Snakes, spiders, bugs all around, heights, tight places, etc...that stuff doesn't phase me at all. I mean sure, if a giant bee is buzzing my head, Ill flinch or move out of the way...but that's because i don't want to get stung. :thumbsup:

The only thing that really has an effect on me is open water, which sucks because i love swimming/fishing/boating/snorkeling (basically all water sports). Every time I'm in the water my mind is racing and I'm constantly worried about not knowing whats around/below me. I basically grew up in a lake/pond, but when i swam across, i meant business...straight swim, no stopping till i got to the other side.

I never let that fear stop me from doing anything though. In the Bahamas, i was snorkeling above a 6000 ft. deep trench while sharks ate from a bait box 30-40 feet below me...i was scared s***less and constantly looking around, but i did it

I love water, used to lifeguard, teach swimming, waterski, etc. However, I have a very active mind, and I can imagine scenarios that would put Stephen King to shame! What's under that dark, murky water? Dead bodies, some unknown, evil creature? Is that a rock I just stepped on, or a skull? :nailbite:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Wow, actually, the big water thing bugs me too. Seems I'm not alone.

Maybe it's a broader fear of the unknown. If you are standing on solid ground you feel like you know where you are and whats going on around you.
    On water, anything could be just below your feet and you would never have any idea. You can't see it but you know it's there.

Definitely has to do with the fear of the unknown. Also I would explain to people...look up at that jet way up there (30,000 ft or so). Imagine that's the ship or boat you're on and we are standing on the bottom. Being made to go to general quarters during a hurricane in the dragons triangle was very interesting. 2 miles of ocean below us as the ship went up and down skyscraper waves. Going down a wave it felt like the ship HAD to be going under and not coming back up. Lost 13 Marines over the side in a helicopter that went straight to the bottom. Their grave 2 miles below and never to be seen again. Yeah, I have a phobia of the ocean and it's power and secrets.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After reading a summary of the recently published administration of global warming doom-and-gloom report, I'm afraid of the rising waters of global warming.

Wait... Maybe not.

I live on a big hill.

The entire Ohio valley would have to go under before it gets me.

Hell, I could have beach front property soon!

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I'm not afraid of heights or falling, but I'm afraid of landing. If I didn't have to worry about the landing part, most things in life would be a piece of cake...

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Tight, closed in places -- claustrophobia. I'm not so ate up with it I can't ride in an elevator (my old college room mate was though) but something like a drainage culvert or something of that nature, where I can't maneuver in -- gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

Ya , me to did not used to be this way but as I got older it freaks me out .

Top Bottom