• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Anything over your head is the same when it comes to deep water.
    Why is 700 foot of depth worse than 7 foot?

You can see what lurks in 7 ft of water, including the bottom. 700 ft or more, on the other hand, can hide a multitude of dangerous things and blackness that is like diving into a black hole....the unknown

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    [video=youtube;qMKlN-FOyPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMKlN-FOyPI[/video]

On a single breath...plus a decompression stop!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Clowns annoy me.

Me too. Only clown I was scared of was in Poltergeist. After that they just annoyed me. Not too much afraid of spiders. My mother on the other hand was highly fearful of them and always made me do the killing. After smashing so many spiders as a kid I guess I was made to overcome my fear of them.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Cockaroaches. We lived in apartments when I was young. We would spray and they would move to the next apartment for a while, only to come back. Haven't had them in almost 40 years since I moved out, but they STILL creep me out.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm not really fearful of any insects, but centipedes creep me out, especially the light-colored ones with really long legs. Years ago I lived in a very old farmhouse, and they were always in the basement there, sometimes over the door. One time I walked thru the door and one fell down the back of my shirt...I think that's when I started to really dislike them.
    Back before we had smart phones with cameras, there was a huge, ugly insect in the parking lot at work. Lots of people went out to see it. I have never seen one again, and hope not to. It was like 4 inches long and had huge pinchers, kinda beetle-looking, dark colored. I tried to find a pic of it online, but never did.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You can see what lurks in 7 ft of water, including the bottom. 700 ft or more, on the other hand, can hide a multitude of dangerous things and blackness that is like diving into a black hole....the unknown

Unless you're in the Caribbean, you can't see 7 foot down in the ocean.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    strange-creature-deep-sea-life-13678308-600-350.jpg

All I get is an "x"

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I see it now.

But if you're in most of the ocean, you can't see 7 foot down. So 7 foot or 7 hundred, no difference if your toes can't keep your mouth above the water.

I beg to differ...

In 7' of water, there is only about a 1' between me and the bottom (7" if my head is under)...not a whole lot of room for something like that goblin shark that was posted to swim up from under me...there's a lot more room at 700'

(i realized that in the water, things can come from any direction...but forget that, it makes my point invalid :laugh:)

Top Bottom