Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Did you read the article? Because that is not what it says. To help you, originally, the data indicated it was effective for 90 days. Now (htat they have more, longer term data - my assumption) they can say its effective for 180 days (six-months for you). We will see how htings progress over the next 90, 120 and 180 day periods.,

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    How you get that from a report that the people who received the vaccine in the trial, 6 months ago, remain fully protected is beyond me... but it does explain a lot.

When the folks from the trial, the first ones to get Pfizer, start getting severe COVID, meaning the vaccine has worn off, come talk to me.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    First one gave me a very slight headache and fever. Might not have even noticed, had I not been looking for it?

I keep looking for some reaction as I've heard often happens with the second one. Nothing though, other than some arm pain. Feels like I had a shot. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I was even poking the injection site this morning to see if there was anything there, lol! I've had worse flu or tetanus shots... hopefully second one goes well, but I have it scheduled for a Friday just in case.

Wife had flu-like symptoms (chills, body aches, headache, fatigue) with the second Pfizer shot that lasted for about 2 days... started 12-24 hours post second shot.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Did you read the article? Because that is not what it says. To help you, originally, the data indicated it was effective for 90 days. Now (htat they have more, longer term data - my assumption) they can say its effective for 180 days (six-months for you). We will see how htings progress over the next 90, 120 and 180 day periods.,
    I read the article did you, they didn't say it was effective for 90 days but they originally thought it would likely be effective for at least 90 days. That they are getting good results at 6 months (180 days for you) is a nice surprise (91.3% effective) for them. There's some hope that it might even be a one and done but yes we need to wait for the data. My post was pretty tongue and cheek but appeared to offend your delicate sensibilities lol.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Early on I was kinda neutral on Covid in general. I don't get the regular flu shot so I never really considered getting the Covid shot(s). It wasn't due to fear of the vaccine or that they got it to market quickly. It was just that I don't get flu shots period so why get this one.

But...as time has progressed and I read and listen, I am becoming rather adamant that I will not get this shot. Virtually every article or talking point presents one set of recommendations/standards/protocols and later they qualify it with something different.

And recently the CDC came out and said that if you are vaccinated, you are free to resume traveling. I have always been "free" to travel. Don't present the vaccine as some kind of get out of jail card when we weren't in jail in the first place.

I would consider it under these conditions: Get the shot, resume normal life. No masks, no social distancing, take my word when I'm asked(no vaccine card). Open up the country completely.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    How you get that from a report that the people who received the vaccine in the trial, 6 months ago, remain fully protected is beyond me... but it does explain a lot.

When the folks from the trial, the first ones to get Pfizer, start getting severe COVID, meaning the vaccine has worn off, come talk to me.
    I hope for your sake it works out you've been on here petrified of covid since it started. Have you even left the house yet?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I read the article did you, they didn't say it was effective for 90 days but they originally thought it would likely be effective for at least 90 days. That they are getting good results at 6 months (180 days for you) is a nice surprise (91.3% effective) for them. There's some hope that it might even be a one and done but yes we need to wait for the data. My post was pretty tongue and cheek but appeared to offend your delicate sensibilities lol.
    No. Im tied of people posting BS about the vaccines. And, to me, yours looked like another BS post. Sorry if I've offended you, not.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I hope for your sake it works out you've been on here petrified of covid since it started. Have you even left the house yet?
    You make me laugh!

ETA: Actually... I apologize. I pity you... if that is the length of imagination that you must have to justify yourself, to justify your position, that anyone who thinks other than you is some quivering coward... that is just sad and pitiful. I feel sorry for you.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Got my J&J at IMS yesterday. The place was beyond packed. Very cool and kind of surreal setup. A logistical feat that was super efficient but I felt like I was in the beginning of a zombie apocalypse movie. Met one friendly national guardsman who is a fellow 4x4 fan, who called dibs on my truck should I have a bad reaction lol.

No fever, but I slept terribly last night. Tossed and turned all night. Today I have some soreness throughout my body. Kinda feel like I just got done with a triathlon.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Got my J&J at IMS yesterday. The place was beyond packed. Very cool and kind of surreal setup. A logistical feat that was super efficient but I felt like I was in the beginning of a zombie apocalypse movie. Met one friendly national guardsman who is a fellow 4x4 fan, who called dibs on my truck should I have a bad reaction lol.

No fever, but I slept terribly last night. Tossed and turned all night. Today I have some soreness throughout my body. Kinda feel like I just got done with a triathlon.
    That’s because it IS the beginning of a zombie movie, LOL. And the fitful sleep
    Is just the T-Virus kicking in!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    STOP SAYING COVID VACCINES DON'T PREVENT INFECTION.

That is not true. Some might call such a statement "fake news". Repeating such a claim over and over again, because it suits your individual bias, does not make the claim any more true.

The two mRNA coronavirus vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech prevent 90 percent of infections, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The results show strong evidence that the vaccines work against preventing all infections, including asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections.

According to the CDC, both vaccines prevented 90 percent of infections two weeks after receiving the second of two doses.

Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination.

The actual study:

If you don't want to get a COVID vaccine, for any reason, that's absolutely your decision...but stop being a conduit for the spread of scientifically and factually inaccurate information.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    1kxup2.jpg

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It's not that they don't prevent some infection, but at what cost? Maybe it is a gift that may keep on giving. I know a very well respected infectious disease scientist who I do work for. He just got a vaccine Friday.....he is an older gentleman and was offered vaccines months ago since he works in an infectious disease lab and his wife is sickly, but they waited for J&J. This guy has spent 10-12 years being educated and getting degrees, backed up by 40 years of work experience. He is not a politician or has no dog in the fight. If he has a fear of mRNA vaccines, I do as well. I can not dismiss his knowledge on this.

You guys saying data is what drives the % of people who get infected and how long it lasts. Well couldn't that same data show people getting all kinds of sickness from mRNA in the next 180 days, 365 days, 730 days, 5 years from now? Since it was developed and stuck in arms in 8 months?

I have never had a flu vaccine and I will take my chances going commando. I trust absolutely NOTHING our government is involved in. To each his own, I am not a liberal. It is not my way or the wrong way.....if you want it, take it, if you don't...then don't. Your choice.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    You guys saying data is what drives the % of people who get infected and how long it lasts. Well couldn't that same data show people getting all kinds of sickness from mRNA in the next 180 days, 365 days, 730 days, 5 years from now? Since it was developed and stuck in arms in 8 months?

It could...but it didn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom