Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, there was, its a Jimmy Johns now. There was also one at Jefferson Point. Both went out several years ago when the Atkins diet was so popular.

Rise N Roll has since moved into town helping fill the donut hole. :joke:

Edit- Beat out by Jetta I see.
    Rise N Roll... Amish Crack. :drool: Besides them, Tom's on State and Wells is my go-to.
    Had Dunkin's the other day - blech!

And to keep it in the thread - Super Bee, my wife was hearing rumors about the second dose (Modera) - nothing as bad as your brother, but to be prepared to spend a day in bed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good memory - I had forgotten about that - it was a block or two from my house then. It was replaced by Jimmy John's.

There was another at Jefferson Point; it became a MacAllister's Deli.
    Huh. I lived in that area too when I first moved there. It's where I met my wife. She lived in some apartments not too far from where the Walmart is now. At that time Coldwater Crossing was farmland.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Huh. I lived in that area too when I first moved there. It's where I met my wife. She lived in some apartments not too far from where the Walmart is now. At that time Coldwater Crossing was farmland.
    Small world (well, small state, I guess). My newly married parents lived in the apartments right behind what's now Best Buy in Northcrest (probably the same place as your GF). My first house was a bit north of there, the north side of Washington Center.

And those apartments are really trashy now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Mechanism for Action​

mRNA vaccines have strands of genetic material called mRNA inside a special coating. That coating protects the mRNA from enzymes in the body that would otherwise break it down. It also helps the mRNA enter the dendritic cells and macrophages in the lymph node near the vaccination site.

mRNA can most easily be described as instructions for the cell on how to make a piece of the “spike protein” that is unique to SARS-CoV-2. Since only part of the protein is made, it does not do any harm to the person vaccinated but it is antigenic.

After the piece of the spike protein is made, the cell breaks down the mRNA strand and disposes of them using enzymes in the cell. It is important to note that the mRNA strand never enters the cell’s nucleus or affects genetic material. This information helps counter misinformation about how mRNA vaccines alter or modify someone’s genetic makeup.

Once displayed on the cell surface, the protein or antigen causes the immune system to begin producing antibodies and activating T-cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection. These antibodies are specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which means the immune system is primed to protect against future infection.

I have read that this is not a vaccine in the traditional definition because it doesn't use the actual virus to create an immune response, it uses "instructions".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've read a lot of things...including medical resources that do not define "vaccine" in the same way it was defined during the last Roosevelt administration.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    mRNA vaccines do modify your DNA. Sorry!

At the bottom is just a tad of the many, many links available, notice the last one is from the CDC.

Now just for grins and giggles, could you please let us know what facility you work at?

That way in case I'm tried to be taken there, or have to go there, I can make sure your little sausage fingers don't ever touch my body. :lmfao:

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/will-mrna-vaccine-alter-my-dna

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victor...ant-alter-your-dna-heres-why/?sh=360f4f3a2491

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/hcp/mrna-vaccine-basics.html

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I have read that this is not a vaccine in the traditional definition because it doesn't use the actual virus to create an immune response, it uses "instructions".
    Yes, it is a "newer" type of vaccine, but it is a vaccine by definition.

And I say "newer", because mRNA technology started in 1989 and research into mRNA for vaccines started in 2000. In fact, Moderna (stock:MRNA) was founded in 2010 specifically to develop upon this technology for pharmacology and vaccines.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Just got my second Moderna shot today as well. Got it early this morning, and it's evening over here now, and no, I don't feel 100%, but I'm also self medicating :40oz:.
    Guess I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    ...and not all of the COVID vaccines use mRNA anyway.
    True, while the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are mRNA based and the J&J vaccine is a Viral Vector vaccine, NONE of them have the ability to alter your DNA.

The DNA altering info is being spread by Anti Vaccine people, and they are trying to do a bang up job of spreading disinformation and fear mongering about it.

The problem is that, there's alot of people out there that anything they see or read on Facebook is the gospel truth.

I read it on Facebook so it must be TRUE!!!!!!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The J&J vaccine is not mRNA and is available in some locations... my youngest recently (as within the past week or so) got it.

Some may have religious objections over the stem cell line used in it's development.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Novavax is coming and does not use mRNA or fetal cell lines.

We are looking at a month or 2 and that is not too long to wait for a person that has concerns.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do you know or could you find out if the Novavax vaccine is being tested for 16 year olds?
    My daughter has been asking about vaccines and I question the unknown of the MRNA so I would rather her get one of the others when available.
    I think the stage 3 I am in is 18 and over, but they were recruiting minors, down to 12 I think, for a study a couple of months ago so that is in the works.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, it is a "newer" type of vaccine, but it is a vaccine by definition.

And I say "newer", because mRNA technology started in 1989 and research into mRNA for vaccines started in 2000. In fact, Moderna (stock:MRNA) was founded in 2010 specifically to develop upon this technology for pharmacology and vaccines.
    Eh, if we called it "inoculations" instead would there still be weeping and gnashing of teeth? Probably.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Eh, if we called it "inoculations" instead would there still be weeping and gnashing of teeth? Probably.
    Kind sir, "inoculations" refers ONLY to the practice of using cow pox pus to prevent smallpox by placing the puss in a cut in the skin and ever it will always be.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Do you know or could you find out if the Novavax vaccine is being tested for 16 year olds?
    My daughter has been asking about vaccines and I question the unknown of the MRNA so I would rather her get one of the others when available.
    JNJ does not use mRNA. It's available now and is one shot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom