Status
    Not open for further replies.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I got my first shot this morning. I am the last old person in the family to get the shots . Nobody has had any issues with it . With my medical problems I definitely wanted it . Oh I forgot the three 20 somethings in the family think they don’t need it they are invincible! Wish them luck at 20 I thought I was invincible also.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I get my first vaccine Wednesday! I am so grateful my turn has finally come.

I work in Public Education and the complexities of coming back isn’t dulled down simply to “Unions.” More like, the teachers have had to deal with a lot of crap this school year with no regard to their health, workload, or compensation. And because they have representation, they’re using it.

I am a non-union worker and this school year has been hell. And working intimately with the teachers, their jobs’ this year have been even worse. And that’s saying a lot, as my

The matter is shades of grey, not black and white. Some Districts are different than others; there is no “one size fits all” or singular element to place blame on (not Unions, Admin, Janitorial, whomever you feel like singling out).
    As a Union employee, I understand that "Unions" catch a lot of blame. Some deserved, some not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You state this as some sort of absolute truth... it is not. It is more about thresholds for people to make their own, individual decisions.

22,000 vaccinations - for some people, the phase 3 trial indicated the vaccine was "safe enough" for them to make their decision.

600,000 vaccinations - for other people, the Israeli report was "enough" people for them to decide it was "safe enough".

105 million+ shots - this is not just "millions", it's 10's of millions of people fully vaccinated and 10's of millions of people with the first of the two shots in their arms.

In you estimation, to be "logical", how many people will it take, and how long, in order to deem this safe against possible unknown long-term side effects? A year? 5 years? 10? 20?

Please explain your "logic" of what evidence is necessary to make a logical decision.
    I suspect it’s not possible to prove it’s safe.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I suspect it’s not possible to prove it’s safe.
    Yup, exactly the point... and life ain't safe.

Just walking out the front door carries risks.

People, myself included, do things like riding motorcycles, flying small planes, skydiving, etc. each of which involves risks, but the benefit they receive, in their opinion, is worth it so they do it.

And they can change their mind... for example, I have my private pilot license. Flew before I had kids... stopped while I had kids to support... and now that they are all launched, I'll fly again.

To me, my logic is flawless... and that's the only person (well, and my wife :) ) that needs to see it as logical.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Got my second Moderna vaccine. Having chills, aches and a slight headache. Other co-workers had zero side effects. Going to stay home tomorrow and sleep it off.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I got my first shot this morning. I am the last old person in the family to get the shots . Nobody has had any issues with it . With my medical problems I definitely wanted it . Oh I forgot the three 20 somethings in the family think they don’t need it they are invincible! Wish them luck at 20 I thought I was invincible also.
    Well that stats seem to support the 20 somethings in this case.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got my second Moderna vaccine. Having chills, aches and a slight headache. Other co-workers had zero side effects. Going to stay home tomorrow and sleep it off.
    I had my 2nd Moderna shot 3 or 4 weeks ago. I did have some chills overnight, but I think it was because I had too many blankets on while sleeping and kicked them all off. My wife said it could have been from the vaccine, or maybe the the blankets.

The next morning I had no issues. You may be fine tomorrow. Unless you are looking for an excuse to take a day off.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Want to make something sound scary?

Call it "chemicals".

I might find a chemical or two I store in 750ml bottles then put them into my body.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I had my 2nd Moderna shot 3 or 4 weeks ago. I did have some chills overnight, but I think it was because I had too many blankets on while sleeping and kicked them all off. My wife said it could have been from the vaccine, or maybe the the blankets.

The next morning I had no issues. You may be fine tomorrow. Unless you are looking for an excuse to take a day off.
    Just woke up to more of the same.
    Midnight stats;
    Temp - 101.7
    Heart rate - 106 bpm
    Blood O2 level - 96%

Just drank a bottle of water. Will provide an update in the morning.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I came here because I have my first dose (I believe it’s Moderna) scheduled for just over 12 hours from now and I was hoping to find something that would help me decide whether to carry through with it or not. I am just as confused and conflicted as ever after catching up on this thread.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is covid real?

Is the vaccine real?

What’s the purpose of the covid vaccines?

Just trying to figure out where we we are.
    Covid is real.

Vaccine is real the DSM tells us. It is from the mockingbird media.

I hope the purpose of vaccine is the virus but is that true? IDK

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Covid is real.

OK. At the risk of getting flamed I see this as yes the Covid is real.
    No it is not as bad as Fuachi and those **** heads would have you believe.
    Yes the whole thing has been put to the political test as to how far we can be pushed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Covid is real.

I think we can be reasonably sure that the vaccine is real. People are getting shots. If that’s not real eventually people would find out and **** will get pretty real pretty quick.

I think we can agree that the vaccine is first a product and so it’s purpose is foremost for profit. Not that there’s anything wrong with that per se.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom