Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    5AM status check.

Temp - 100.6 F
    Heart Rate - 104 bpm
    Blood O2 - 93%

Maybe slept two hours in the last five. Chills, aches, stomach cramps and headache.
    20210315_052839.jpgDo feel better than I did at midnight. That 101.7 temp had me worried.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I came here because I have my first dose (I believe it’s Moderna) scheduled for just over 12 hours from now and I was hoping to find something that would help me decide whether to carry through with it or not. I am just as confused and conflicted as ever after catching up on this thread.
    I got Moderna

Several others in my family got Moderna

most reported a sore arm after shot 1

I had chills for 30 minutes 6 hours after shot 2, maybe. Nobody else had any reaction

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK, well, I get it in just over a half hour… I feel like the kid on Animal House when he got ready to hit the joint the first time and asked “I won’t go schizo, will I?”.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    And done... Hung around a little while to make sure nothing bad happened. I barely felt the injection; no soreness in my arm at all. I’ve got a little bit of a funny taste in my mouth but not sure if that has anything to do with it.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    And done... Hung around a little while to make sure nothing bad happened. I barely felt the injection; no soreness in my arm at all. I’ve got a little bit of a funny taste in my mouth but not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    I felt ok for ten hours after the second injection. Then the fever and chills hit. That lasted for twelve hours. Now my temp is back to normal with a dull headache and aches in my joints. Spent most of today sleeping after the fever broke.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Got the 1st one on Friday. Left after about 5 minutes. Sore arm on Saturday but it went away in a few hours.
    Wife got same Pfizer one about 6 weeks ago. 1st one same reaction as me. 2nd one just made her tired for a day.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My wife got her shot on Saturday - sore arm, and a bit of a fever Sunday night.

Indiana dropped down to 45, so the wife tells me I need to schedule right meow!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I felt ok for ten hours after the second injection. Then the fever and chills hit. That lasted for twelve hours. Now my temp is back to normal with a dull headache and aches in my joints. Spent most of today sleeping after the fever broke.
    Glad to hear that you're feeling better, and hopefully by today, a day later, you are back to normal.

Wife had similar experience with her second shot, though her's was Pfizer, was fine until 12-24 hours later when it started kicking her butt, aches, chills, headache, fatigue. She didn't have a measurable fever to speak of, but she had taken tylenol for the headache, but "give me extra blankets" chills, yeah, she likely did without the tylenol.

Though not the normal reaction to the vaccine, it isn't rare/uncommon either. But, that is how COVID-19 acts also, some percentage of people have severe symptoms while the huge majority, 80% +/- have mild or no reaction. The fact that the percentages of "severe" COVID and "severe" vaccine reaction are in the same ballpark is just one of those things that makes me go:

Hmmmmm....

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Vaccine reminded me of the vaccine cocktail I got right before my reassignment to PACAF. Got it on a Friday afternoon in Tech School. Got the shot along with two Tylenol and two bottles of Gatorade. Marched back to the barracks and took the Tylenol with the Gatorade. Started to feel the chills and went right to bed.
    Fever finally broke on Sunday. Just in time for Jet Engine repair class on Monday.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Vaccine reminded me of the vaccine cocktail I got right before my reassignment to PACAF. Got it on a Friday afternoon in Tech School. Got the shot along with two Tylenol and two bottles of Gatorade. Marched back to the barracks and took the Tylenol with the Gatorade. Started to feel the chills and went right to bed.
    Fever finally broke on Sunday. Just in time for Jet Engine repair class on Monday.
    Were you ever stationed at Kadena? Dad's second to last... we were there '72-'74.

I was in elementary school for that, but definitely remember getting a TON of shots. And, even so, definitely better than staying "parked" in Kansas, lol!

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Were you ever stationed at Kadena? Dad's second to last... we were there '72-'74.

I was in elementary school for that, but definitely remember getting a TON of shots. And, even so, definitely better than staying "parked" in Kansas, lol!
    First base after tech school was Kadena, Okinawa in 80 & 81. Also got to visit Osan, Korea. Had a follow on assignment to RAF Woodbridge from 81-84.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom