Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Da Bears!

BearsTroll.jpg

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Fox didnt even show the game in Ft Wayne. It had something to do with CBS having the double header and FOX only being allowed to show one competing game and they chose the Bears @ 4 instead of the Colts @ 1.

Kinda sucked, but that was a pretty easy call as far as quality of teams.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I thought the last 3 min of the 4th qtr the colts had a descent drive ALMOST for a touchdown. I honestly thought that they had a good chance to score followed by a 2 pt conversion and take it to overtime. Wishful thinking I guess. Lol

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Looks like we better just get used to losing. I think the Colts are going to be in a rebuilding stage for the next several years. Hopefully Manning will make an return and is not be done for good!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    At first I didn't like Painter. Now I feel sorry for him. He's got that "Deer in the headlights" look about him.
    Too bad. Other than special teams IF Painter could sustain a drive then we'd probably be 5-6 about now instead of 0-11.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I relish the fact that a$$bag Polian will get his perfect season, one way or the other...lol... Karmas a ***** Bill!

I am a die hard Colts fan and I kind of agree with this.

Giving up 16-0 twice burns me more than an early exit in the playoffs. That imo is one of the reasons they did lose in the playoffs.

As an example in 05 when they were far and away the best team in the league, they had the 1st seed locked up for 4 weeks and they pulled off the throttle. Yeah they finished 14-2 but they could have been 15-1 at minimum and its impossible to back it off for a month and then turn it back on in the playoffs. You aren't playing the old Lions when you get into the playoffs.

Then again in 09, same thing. They had the Jets beat and let them off the hook and could have went 16-0 if they won the following week. Granted they made the SB that year, but not going for 16-0 sucks for the fans, sucks for the players, and sucks for Manning's legacy.

I am not sure you can make a valid argument to say he isn't now, but it would be impossible to argue Manning being the best of his generation with two 16-0 seasons and possibly another SB title in 05 if they didn't screw themselves over.

But back onto this season, the Colts are just not good and Painter is even worse. But not much you can do about it now. It will be an interesting off season and interesting to see the results of Manning's physical in December. If he is healthy what are they going to do? Keep him, trade him?

They should fire both Polians and Caldwell after this season and start fresh. The younger Polian did have a descent draft last year though, but it has been not so great for 5-6 years. Some good players but no impact guys, no elite guys. Granted they are drafting very late every year but need to find someone somewhere.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    At first I didn't like Painter. Now I feel sorry for him. He's got that "Deer in the headlights" look about him.
    Too bad. Other than special teams IF Painter could sustain a drive then we'd probably be 5-6 about now instead of 0-11.

I was stunned that he made it through camp. Orlovsky is the better QB of the 2 IMO. Painter can't seem to make the easy throws.

They'll go 0-16 and won't draft a QB. I can hear the smugness in the explanation already.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Million dollar question. How would Sorgi have done?

I honestly think he would've done better than what we are seeing. Was he a starting quarterback? Absolutely not. But could he have done better than Painter? I believe so. He was with the Colts for quite a while, so he knew the playbook in and out. And years of watching Peyton would've definitely helped too. :twocents:

Top Bottom