Deer-popcorn.gif

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Cats are basically platinum coated glass balls. That's why people steal them. The platinum never goes away, even when the cat degrades, and there's a couple hundred dollars' worth in there. It has to be there because the .gov sez so. Your tax dollars, as well as some other of your dollars, at work.

I can't imagine being presumptuous enough to avail myself of your property without specific permission. That's what I'd expect of someone. And if I got stuck like that, I'd be standing there next to the thing waiting for you, apologizing and offering to make it all right. Does this guy seriously think he's going to dodge this? There are all kinds of VINs and license plate numbers that are going to go straight back to him.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    lovemywoods and I have hosted around 100 different INGOers at his private range over the years and we've never had any major issues like the one described in the OP. I think this issue is the exception and not the rule.

Whew, it seems the heat is off ole' Gamez.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Whew, it seems the heat is off ole' Gamez.

You're safe! I like you Gamez, especially when you ignite your AK forend and other unusual stuff! :yesway:

I do hope people reading this thread don't make a decision to not share their property just based on this one incident. Whether it's land or your firearms (especially NFA goodness), your knowledge, or your time, INGO members are a great group of folks. I've seen many generous acts done by INGO members. Don't let this one episode change your point-of-view! :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    big tractor and a tow strap......oooops sorry about removing your front (rear) bumper

LOL..... I pulled a buddy out who had his truck buried to the doors in a rut.
    Wouldn't move so I took a running start...... peeled the bumper like a sardine can. :laugh:

I actually seen a guy try to pull out a truck buried to the axle by attaching to the right side frame only. He got a good 15 foot run and when he hit the end of the tow strap, there was nothing but noise and exhaust smoke from the diesel. Throws it in park and when the diesel exhaust cleared, the stuck truck had moved, but not out, only up on the right corner.

Yup, that's right, he warped the stuck trucks frame so bad that there was a 1.5 foot difference. Wish I had a camera that night.

How did I ever survive before cell phone cameras?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I actually seen a guy try to pull out a truck buried to the axle by attaching to the right side frame only. He got a good 15 foot run and when he hit the end of the tow strap, there was nothing but noise and exhaust smoke from the diesel. Throws it in park and when the diesel exhaust cleared, the stuck truck had moved, but not out, only up on the right corner.

Yup, that's right, he warped the stuck trucks frame so bad that there was a 1.5 foot difference. Wish I had a camera that night.

How did I ever survive before cell phone cameras?

Yeah I've seen guys try to get in pulling competitions and hook the chain to their rear axle. Then proceed to get the axle pulled out from under the truck. Idiots are out there, watch out for them!

OP I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I really hope it gets straightened out soon. This is why I will only let people I know well enough that I trust them on to my property. Otherwise, nope not gonna happen. I'd bet money on it that a good tractor could pull it out without much problem. ;)

Top Bottom