• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've read through most of this thread and I have to say Harry I don't know you but you seem to be trying to handle this the best way you know how. And speeaking from the point of veiw of some one who has been out of work for 6 months I have a little bit of sympathy for the guy. He did try to remove his truck with the last $ he had. His major mistake is not some how getting in touch with you and explaining what happend and not appologizing right away for comming to your property with out specific permission. I won't tell you what to do...but here's what I would do. I'd make him come over and dig his truck out with as much help help as needed. Because if the guy doesn't have transportation his odds of ever being able to pay for the damage is pretty close to zero. I would make an agreement with him to hold his guns and or any other property that aproxiamates the value of the damage, untill the damage is repaired. this person needs to be taught a leson but also it looks as though he needs a little compassion. I for one would be willing to come and help dig the truck out if you could get him to agree to something like this. I've got some shovels and a come-a-long ready. Hope this all works out for the both of you. Cause It's really tough out here in the job market,

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey..... I found a picture!!!

truck_stuck.jpg

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I appreciate the cautions and legal insights brought up and I really do understand.
    Maybe I'm not properly covering my arse but it's my arse and my world here we're discussing.
    I live like I want to. I worked for it. My choices here.
    I guess I'm looking at it from a "right/wrong" standpoint. I'll do it my way and I'll pay the price if a bunch of legal leeches and "Want to be voted in" types stick their nose in my business. I understand the repercussions on my part. I'll live with it just the way I live with myself on a daily basis. I make the decisions I make for me and no one else.
    I'm not going to crucify the Dick nor am I going to roll over and take it either.
    Fair and Just is all I expect out of this debacle.
    I can't bleed a rock no more than I can expedite his financial situation to get his truck out. I'll put up with this within reason before I handle it myself.
    Talking with him he knows he screwed the pooch and he's going to fix it when and how he's able. I can live with that within the rules of my world.
    Thank you again for the support, advice, insight, and thoughts on this.
    It's always good to get different perspectives.

Normally wouldn't jump in - but here goes...

The truck owner's home insurance won't cover this. HOMEOWNER's denies liability related to a motor vehicle.

However ! - His truck insurance owes it under the Liability coverage.
    It would also pay to tow the truck out. This is a collision accident believe it or not. Or if he has simple towing coverage - that would do it.

I'd file the report - and file the insurance claim thru the truck and be done with it. Get on with life.

Just needed to get that whole Homeowners insurance thing off my mind.

We can still do things in this world without lawyers. Please, please, please make him dig it out. He is not being denied his property. He doesn't have the $ to get it dug out so he has to dig it out himself. If I had a stuck truck and no money I would shovel the damn thing out. Nothing wrong with hard work.

The hypothetical game is irritating. His heart was healthy enough to walk out of whatever his truck couldn't get out of. What if a plane hits him while he is digging? What if he gets a blood blister and bleeds out? Why can't a man just do a hard days work anymore? Let the man dig. It's good for him. Yes many hands make for light work but he did this himself, he should fix it himself.

Great points everyone, and good looking out for a great INGO'er. BUT if you don't like lawyers and insurance running it then take charge yourself. What if he doesn't get snakebit? The fear is what is wrong with society.

This, this, and this!!!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You should really just have it towed and cut your losses. Call around and find a tow company that will tow it free (for you) and make the owner pay the towing and storage fees when he goes to pick it up. I know you feel bad for the guy and want to help him and you did. You bought him food and TP. You are waiting on this guy to raise money to remove his truck and fix your property, right? You have his truck, how is he getting to work? Does he work? Where is this money going to come from? Has he showed up with a shovel yet? Whats taking him so long? It doesnt sound like he has much going on from day to day with possibly no job and definitely no truck. Whatever ends up happening I hope it works out for you.
    He paid for his own food and TP. I just gave him the ride to and from the store.
    Like I said before, I don't know his financial business and can only assume things from what I observed.
    The only business I'm involved in is getting things straightened out.
    I've gotten a sincere apology from him and when he fixes the rest of this mess then I'll be satisfied.
    Honestly, I don't want his insurance taking over. In my book it's his responsibility to fix this.
    I'm not trying to get him to grow up or mentor his thinking. I['m not his mommy or daddy and I'm not trying to teach him a thing
    I just want fair out of this. I think him getting his truck out by himself and patching up the drive and yard is only fair and right.

jamie12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Pendleton
    I say a yard for a yard. Why dont you go have a fun afternoon tearing his yard up. That sounds like more fun that dealing with all the legal crap.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Truck should be out today. The bog has dried out enough I think. Truck has been dug clean underneath and a pretty clear path behind.
    He should be able to get enough traction to get it out IF he's not damaged his drive train.
    I'm finishing up work here in town and then picking him up and headed back to the house.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Truck should be out today. The bog has dried out enough I think. Truck has been dug clean underneath and a pretty clear path behind.
    He should be able to get enough traction to get it out IF he's not damaged his drive train.
    I'm finishing up work here in town and then picking him up and headed back to the house.

Good deal! Hopefully all will work out in the end.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The truck is out of the yard now. The drive is patched up adequately. The yard is still a mess but is supposed to be fixed over the next few days. I'm not too worried about it at this point. I did get a promisary note signed.
    All is going well.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I guess you don't need the torches and pitchforks then?
    No, don't need the vigilante gang.
    Hey, he's an "OK" guy that just screwed up. I don't like it but I'm surely not going to be the first to "throw stones" over a bit of mud, gravel, and mess.
    Justice is being served and eaten in kind. I felt kinda bad watching him breaking his back, busting arse, and wiping mud and sweat off but then I remember why he was in the mud to start with. It cost him and I'm sure it's an event to be remembered.

Top Bottom