• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The last time something like this happened on the board it got real serious real quick and the police were involved and there was arson.

And no I'm not making it up to those out there who think I am.

Exactly. There's already a barely-restrained lynch mob mentality in this thread. Posting any information about the (alleged) perpetrator is asking for trouble.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The last time something like this happened on the board it got real serious real quick and the police were involved and there was arson.

And no I'm not making it up to those out there who think I am.

If I recall, the arson part was never substantiated and it was proven a likely insurance scam. Correct that if I'm mistaken.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I first read this thread, I immediately thought, "mods will be watching this one closely."

I'm just upset that no one has mentioned speed goats.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If I recall, the arson part was never substantiated and it was proven a likely insurance scam. Correct that if I'm mistaken.

You're right, but it doesn't detract from the warning. It DID get way out of hand and the police WERE involved, even before the arson.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I dont think it will change much for us...I still dont think he will give us the name or pictures....

If he whispers the name, if will be more discreet.

Nothing is ever left in my yard. Just an occasional squirrel head from the cat. You guys get all the fun.
    My life is boring.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im not sure that the guys name should be released.

If the truck isnt customized and recognizable, block the license plate out and show us pictures though, Im just curious how stuck he got before he realized he was screwed.

Im relatively new to the forum, didnt know anything about the arson thing.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Worst part the OP let an INGOer on HIS property to shoot. Now since that jackleg has done what he has done. Chances are he has ruiend it for anyone else to shoot on his property(an I dont blame him a bit).

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm headed into town in a few minutes.
    I posted this because "Mr.Dick" wasn't answering his phone and I know he is a frequent lurker and poster.
    I've had some fun reading the suggestions and fantasies about what could be done to a disrespectful member.
    I'll handle things in a proper way.
    I don't want to berate him or make an example out of anyone. I'l take care of it.
    What I'm thinking I want done is #1, I want an explanation and apology.
    2: I want my yard and drive fixed to my satisfaction. Preferrably with a shovel followed by a handful of blisters and sore, achy muscles on his part. Yea, a little payback within reason is good with me. IF it's only a mental fornication.
    I don't like the law involved in my business. They're like an EX-Wife. Nosey. I avoid it like the clap. I'd rather have the clap 'cause you can get rid of the clap.
    I'm a private person and I got my nuts stepped on trying to be a nice guy and sociable.
    IT WILL NOT deter me from making friends and having shooting companions at my home.
    I've met some great INGO members in the past few months. I value the interaction I've had here.
    I'll just pick and choose with a little more scrutiny than before.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    From what I have read here so far, I'd like to believe that most of the "suggestions" made here about how to handle this situation have been made in good fun and are not intended to be serious.

While the property damage aspect of this is important and needs to be dealt with eventually, at this point because of the amount of time that's passed and all the unanswered questions, I think I'd be a little more concerned about the welfare of those involved. Once its determined that everyone is physically OK, then its time to deal with making things right. How the OP chooses to do that is up to him. From what I can tell, I'd imagine it will be done in a civil manner unless he's left no other choice. We'd been provided with some interesting reading, but just because there was a forum thread about the incident doesn't entitle us to all the details. Although I must admit I'm just as curious as anyone. :twocents:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I posted this because "Mr.Dick" wasn't answering his phone and I know he is a frequent lurker and poster.
    I've had some fun reading the suggestions and fantasies about what could be done to a disrespectful member.
    I don't want to berate him or make an example out of anyone. I'l take care of it.
    2: I want my yard and drive fixed to my satisfaction. Preferrably with a shovel followed by a handful of blisters and sore, achy muscles on his part. Yea, a little payback within reason is good with me. IF it's only a mental fornication.
    I don't like the law involved in my business. They're like an EX-Wife. Nosey. I avoid it like the clap. I'd rather have the clap 'cause you can get rid of the clap.
    I'm a private person and I got my nuts stepped on trying to be a nice guy and sociable.
    IT WILL NOT deter me from making friends and having shooting companions at my home.
    I've met some great INGO members in the past few months. I value the interaction I've had here.
    He won't do number (2) cause it would ruin his sex life:laugh:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.

Major kudos for a well thought out and reasonable response to the situation. Still sucks that you have to deal with all this though. I agree with keeping your business under the radar as much as possible. Hope you get some answers soon!

And yes, my suggestion of an INGO raffle or target practice were definitely of the "good-natured" venting variety, and were not to be taken as serious suggestions.

Top Bottom