• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No offense taken.
    I support 100% anyone who chooses to OC.
    I choose to CC per items 4 & 8 above.

I'm a shy private person by nature and just don't feel I have the mindset to answer questions or debate or verbally rationalize to strangers about why I OC.

Perhaps it's a certain mental training or knowledge that one must possess to feel comfortable to OC? Or one simply likes to verbally discuss/educate and answer questions about guns to strangers.

Carry on.
    OC isn't your thing. I'm cool with that as I'm sure anyone else that carries is. :yesway:

OC is not for everyone and the cool part about it is there's nothing requiring anyone to do so. Carry how you wish.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hoo Boy, OC if you want to, I once saw "Store Security" at X-mas time about seven years ago at TOYS R US (castleton Square) wearing a shoulder rig with two .25 auto Lorcins under his arms..............You would have thought the way he acted like he was IRON MIKE of the 82nd ABN.

You saw that and didn't get pictures??? -1 internets for you.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Okay first of all, see what you just said? Yeah, you said it, not me.

Second, this is semi in retaliation to the onslaught on CCers who force their views down our throats on a daily basis. I wanted a thread where I can express my reasons not to CC. Not telling anyone else what to do, not pointing fingers, not calling names.

Feel free to disagree. Feel free to CC. No judgements here. I'm just tired of the CC only crowd who pushes their agenda on us.

Reasons why I would CC:

1. I'm at work and by boss is a dickhead.

I'm not boing to read any more of this thread between this post quoted and my reply because it has already turned into a cc/oc pissing match. The only reason I'm respondibng to this response is because the portion in red could be changed to "the OC Only crowd" just as easily. I personally don't care one way or the other but do believe there are occassions where one is preferable over the other, why do we need to keep this arguement going? Isn't there a sticky for this?:n00b:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm not boing to read any more of this thread between this post quoted and my reply because it has already turned into a cc/oc pissing match. The only reason I'm respondibng to this response is because the portion in red could be changed to "the OC Only crowd" just as easily. I personally don't care one way or the other but do believe there are occassions where one is preferable over the other, why do we need to keep this arguement going? Isn't there a sticky for this?:n00b:

I don't really agree with that. Do you really think that OCers push their agenda on CC threads? Cause I only see it the other way around when there is a thread about someone OCing and a short time later people who disagree with OC feel the need to let everyone else know about how they feel, often with derogatory remarks.

IMO the OP is just trying to vent a little because of it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Walk the Mall, then rent-a-cops show up in force to kick you out. Why? Cause they don't like guns there. Sure they lose your business, but now you can't go inside without getting kicked out. So the more places that posts signs and kicks you out for carrying you gun, the less you can go.
    Actually, once warned, twice prosecuted, even if you're not carrying the second time. A good reason not to get the first warning, if going to the mall is something you value.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I can see the upside of open carry , like when my wife is out jogging. My pastor prefers us to CC during service so we don't scare off the old ladies. HE does. I think
    it's more important to maintain situational awareness so a perp doesn't get the drop on you.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    All the CC vs OC, one way only, my way is better than yours diatribe is self defeating.
    Just carry.
    It doesn't really matter how.
    I repeat... Carry.
    If you are properly prepared nothing else matters.
    We all believe in the 2nd amendment.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Tell me how this works... I'm not sure if I follow.
    Your first warning is a warning not to return. It's not actionable as a criminal trespass. You can't be arrested for criminal trespass unless you first go to a place, receive a warning, and then return.

Usually the security or loss prevention folks will issue a written warning, take down identifiers, and then file it away.

The warning will go to you as a person, and not what conduct you were engaging in. Going back, whether carrying or not, after being warned for trespass could result in a charge.

IC 35-43-2-2
    Criminal trespass; denial of entry; permission to enter; exceptions
    Sec. 2. (a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;

commits criminal trespass, a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class D felony if it is committed on a scientific research facility, on a key facility, on a facility belonging to a public utility (as defined in IC 32-24-1-5.9(a)), on school property, or on a school bus or the person has a prior unrelated conviction for an offense under this section concerning the same property.
    The first time you are warned/ejected constitutes 'denial of entry'. The second visit triggers the potential A misdemeanor. Some warnings might be for a limited time period, or conceivably for life. If the business can't document the initial warning, it is very unlikely there would be a criminal charge.

That being said, the reason for the warning would have to be lawful itself.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Your first warning is a warning not to return. It's not actionable as a criminal trespass. You can't be arrested for criminal trespass unless you first go to a place, receive a warning, and then return.

Usually the security or loss prevention folks will issue a written warning, take down identifiers, and then file it away.

The warning will go to you as a person, and not what conduct you were engaging in. Going back, whether carrying or not, after being warned for trespass could result in a charge.

The first time you are warned/ejected constitutes 'denial of entry'. The second visit triggers the potential A misdemeanor. Some warnings might be for a limited time period, or conceivably for life. If the business can't document the initial warning, it is very unlikely there would be a criminal charge.

Bingo. Why on earth would you identify yourself to security? For the record I have been asked to leave private property exactly twice. Once was at a mall and the security told me to put it in my car. End of story.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    ...I wonder if the guys (and gals) on the fishing forums discuss the pros and cons of live vs imitation bait ...or fly casting and ice fishing ...and, if someone prefers trolling, are they banned from the discussion??? :dunno: :D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Bingo. Why on earth would you identify yourself to security? For the record I have been asked to leave private property exactly twice. Once was at a mall and the security told me to put it in my car. End of story.

Not saying it's going to happen, but if you do get a warning and then return (and they can document the warning) there is a potential charge.

Wasn't there a weird case in Oakland CA a few years back where a coffee shop threw out an off-duty policeman for carrying in their business? Maybe it was in a thread here.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I can't believe no one has brought up the number 1 reason why CC beats OC:
    -It's harder for a 5 year old girl to take your gun when it is covered!!!

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Hoo Boy, OC if you want to, I once saw "Store Security" at X-mas time about seven years ago at TOYS R US (castleton Square) wearing a shoulder rig with two .25 auto Lorcins under his arms..............You would have thought the way he acted like he was IRON MIKE of the 82nd ABN.

I appreciate your right to OC, prefer to CC myself, and I too will probably steer clear of you in a store. I am not afraid of anyone, guns surely dont make me nervous, people do, so I end up the guy behind you at Wal-Mart, looking over your Lorcins, gold plated Desert Eagle, and or Ed Brown .45. I hope you think the big fat ugly bald dude behind you has a Glock .40 on him. "SOMEWHERE".

Hilarious. Although all those guns you mention will NEVER find their way into my collection. I carry a G19.

Really? OCing a .25? Can't even comprehend that right now.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not saying it's going to happen, but if you do get a warning and then return (and they can document the warning) there is a potential charge.

Wasn't there a weird case in Oakland CA a few years back where a coffee shop threw out an off-duty policeman for carrying in their business? Maybe it was in a thread here.

Your original post made it sound like it was an automatic thing, which is why I wanted you to further explain your thoughts. IF it is documented, and IF you are banned from the property by presence alone THEN you could be charged with trespassing.

More likely (at least in my experiences) you are simply asked to leave or put i tin your car and are free to return to the property afterwards.

I believe there was a coffee shop that banned ALL cops on duty or off. Don't remember where I saw it at though.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hilarious. Although all those guns you mention will NEVER find their way into my collection. I carry a G19.

Really? OCing a .25? Can't even comprehend that right now.

So you started a thread about how you would NEVER EVER Conceal your pistol, yet you CC everyday to work as it is and now your are dissing on an openly carried gun because of its caliber??? Really?

:n00b:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    No offense taken.
    I support 100% anyone who chooses to OC.
    I choose to CC per items 4 & 8 above.

I'm a shy private person by nature and just don't feel I have the mindset to answer questions or debate or verbally rationalize to strangers about why I OC.

Perhaps it's a certain mental training or knowledge that one must possess to feel comfortable to OC? Or one simply likes to verbally discuss/educate and answer questions about guns to strangers.

Carry on.

Can someone rep him? I ran out last night.

This is exactly the response we should get from the CC crowd. Not offended by my post, no nasty comments in return. I believe he should be commended.

Top Bottom