• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    A strong defense of your chosen position is great, but this general counteroffensive is a far different creature and will be harder to manage than defending and countering from the high ground.

You already shot yourself in the foot with the title, but good luck. ;)

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    A strong defense of your chosen position is great, but this general counteroffensive is a far different creature and will be harder to manage than defending and countering from the high ground.

I fully understood the risks when I posted it. I believe that I can defend it, as it is what I hold dear.

Of course, CCers will be (*) by this thread, but, and any toddler can tell you, "They started it."

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

It shall be fun to watch and join in though.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

It seems to me like either side (CC'ers or OC'ers) calling the opposing viewpoint's supporters out doesn't really do much as far as providing a united front for advancing gun owners' rights. In a perfect world, OCing shouldn't even be an issue, but unless you can defend your viewpoint to John Q Public in a calm, collected manner don't do it. I don't f---ing care if you want to OC, CC, or not carry at all as long as you're not restricting my rights. If someplace doesn't want to let you OC or isn't supportive of rights, you are certainly entitled to take your business elsewhere - making a scene about it, calling your boss a dickhead for having an opposing view or enforcing company policy does little to win people over though, and creating divisions in the carrying populations doesn't help much either.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0making a scene about it, calling your boss a dickhead for having an opposing view or enforcing company policy does little to win people over though, and creating divisions in the carrying populations doesn't help much either.

Point taken. Still think he's a dickhead, since he doesn't have a real reason to not let me carry. That's why I never asked. I carried for about a year before they found out. I still carry. They want my guns, they can MOLON LABE.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

It seems to me like either side (CC'ers or OC'ers) calling the opposing viewpoint's supporters out doesn't really do much as far as providing a united front for advancing gun owners' rights. In a perfect world, OCing shouldn't even be an issue, but unless you can defend your viewpoint to John Q Public in a calm, collected manner don't do it. I don't f---ing care if you want to OC, CC, or not carry at all as long as you're not restricting my rights. If someplace doesn't want to let you OC or isn't supportive of rights, you are certainly entitled to take your business elsewhere - making a scene about it, calling your boss a dickhead for having an opposing view or enforcing company policy does little to win people over though, and creating divisions in the carrying populations doesn't help much either.

We can NEVER be united on the gun front, as we have a presidential candidate that has a terrible history on his gun views, yet we have people here that support the 2nd Amendment right and intend to vote for the douche.:n00b:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I do both, OC and CC. As I get older the OC tends to win out, especially during this HOT summer. I just don't plain give a da** what anyone thinks about it. In the chillier weather when a light jacket is required, my OC turns into a kind of semi-CC. Not to COVER my gun, but to COVER my arms.
    Yes, there are time I still CC; just depends on the situation.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I do both, OC and CC. As I get older the OC tends to win out, especially during this HOT summer. I just don't plain give a da** what anyone thinks about it. In the chillier weather when a light jacket is required, my OC turns into a kind of semi-CC. Not to COVER my gun, but to COVER my arms.
    Yes, there are time I still CC; just depends on the situation.

Gets the I just dont give a :poop: award for a great post.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Now you went and done it CPT.

Remember, the other thread you refer to was started by an obvious troll stirring the OC/CC pot for his entertainment. Now you being a site supporting, contributing member decides to stir that same pot with an INGO CC community that had nothing to do with that fiasco and with the exception of a couple trolls, stayed away entirely.

Bad taste IMO. XXX

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Wow... A cc vs. Oc thread what an original and thought provoking new idea to debate here.

We need to bring back negative rep.....

Seriously why must we promote this infighting amongst the gun lovers instead of focusing our efforts on the anti's.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wow... A cc vs. Oc thread what an original and thought provoking new idea to debate here.

We need to bring back negative rep.....

Seriously why must we promote this infighting amongst the gun lovers instead of focusing our efforts on the anti's.

Maybe because some of the CC only people feel the need to bash people who open carry for whatever reason they ¨feel¨ at the time. :dunno:

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    It really is simple math. O/C = C/C. The common denominator is CARRY.

If you carry openly, concealed, fanny pack, jeans back pocket, tube sock, fine. I'm just thankful you are carrying in the first place.

Just please pleASE pLEASE PLEASE keep carrying that way. Fighting over the style of carry is pointless and devisive.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll admit I read this thread expecting extreme drama, but there were some excellent points made by both sides. True, they are the same points that have been made repeatedly here, but they are still excellent.

That being said, I will continue to carry as I always have.:yesway:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would like to add about the places that "don't allow guns". As per Indiana Law, places like Malls and movies aren't places where the law says we can't. It's places of businesses that tells us to get out. And yeah, you'll find out right away that MANY places hate guns. So you want a burger? OC at Wendy's and some gets the management to kick you out. Ok, they lose your business, but now you can't eat there. Walk the Mall, then rent-a-cops show up in force to kick you out. Why? Cause they don't like guns there. Sure they lose your business, but now you can't go inside without getting kicked out. So the more places that posts signs and kicks you out for carrying you gun, the less you can go.

Now I know a lot of places don't care, but conceal the gun, in those places. 99% of the time, no one will notice you are carrying. You open carry and everyone will notice and all it'll take is one ******* who calls the cops or get management to kick you out

I used to have a thing against OCing. It gives you more options like clothes so you don't have to get shirts big enough to hide your gun.

People can argue about how people who OC are more of a target to getting their gun taken because they didn't get enough training for when someone makes a grab for your gun, but it CAN happen to someone CCing, but less likely because no one sees your gun.

My personal belief is that I don't have a gun to scare someone. I have a gun to shoot someone.

air6dgo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    [FONT=&quot]Both have their pros and cons seems like primary action would be to exercise your right and carry carry carry. Be confident and proficient in want ever style works best for you.[/FONT]

Top Bottom