mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Point taken...apologies to the OP. Sometimes it is easy to lose track of which break room thread you are in.

I'll try to pay closer attention and not thread jack.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Nope. He hasn't done anything to offend me. Sorry for my indiscretion. Didn't mean to rock the boat.

Point taken...apologies to the OP. Sometimes it is easy to lose track of which break room thread you are in.

I'll try to pay closer attention and not thread jack.

:popcorn:

Ya'll ser'ous?.........:rolleyes:.......
    I'da tol'im ta f**** a rope.........:whistle:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    When someone is banned, the next time he tries to open INGO, he gets the "You have been banned for the following reason: " and the responsible party is supposed to explain what rule violation led to the ban. It would also be nice if the responsible party identified himself. Transparency goes a long way toward trust and confidence.

One of my bans came with this as the reason: "You know better than that." Of course, the actual comment I was banned for wasn't a violation of the rules, and I had no way of discussing it with the responsible party because he didn't identify himself.

It seems the anonymous banner is at it again. The latest reason given is "You can choose to come back or not. It's up to you." And of course, no one owning up to the banning.

If there is any doubt about the source of criticism, perhaps this will be taken into consideration. I love INGO for all the friendships I've made over the years, but it has all the warmth and maturity of a gulag when people allegedly step too close to the fence.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd rather let cooler heads prevail and wait for the explanation on this one. It's possible Que did not administer the ban, and possibly disagrees with it. I'd like to request that the person who did the ban on JetGirl explain why, and also include in their explanation their interpretation of Que's "Free reign" comment... and if that had any influence on the ban.

I'd rather not have another holier-than-thou "this is a gun forum not a blah blah blah forum" mod post. This ban was in a thread directly responding to issues with flippant moderation. We don't need to hear "we have tons of members, you can just leave" explanations, or "if you disagree with us, make a poll and ask for removal" comments. These are confrontational, unnecessary, and belittling.

A simple "why" on this ban is justified, since the timeline of events in that thread, and given the rather mild response really don't warrant a ban. If said mod can't provide a reason that JetGirl was banned in accordance with the rules of the forum, and taking the "free reign" comment into consideration - I'd then request that the ban be reversed.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When someone is banned, the next time he tries to open INGO, he gets the "You have been banned for the following reason: " and the responsible party is supposed to explain what rule violation led to the ban. It would also be nice if the responsible party identified himself. Transparency goes a long way toward trust and confidence.

One of my bans came with this as the reason: "You know better than that." Of course, the actual comment I was banned for wasn't a violation of the rules, and I had no way of discussing it with the responsible party because he didn't identify himself.

It seems the anonymous banner is at it again. The latest reason given is "You can choose to come back or not. It's up to you." And of course, no one owning up to the banning.

If there is any doubt about the source of criticism, perhaps this will be taken into consideration. I love INGO for all the friendships I've made over the years, but it has all the warmth and maturity of a gulag when people allegedly step too close to the fence.

That is the same thing that they said to JG. That must be the style or lack of that, that Mod uses.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The hammer is swinging freely here lately. Too much hammering will cause things to come apart at the seams. My week off by my own choice was a little reflecting time about spending too much time on here. I'm thinking less time on here is not such a bad thing. We have already started losing some good members due to the downward spiral of attitudes.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I really hate seeing this and being so involved in it. I appreciate the support I got but never wanted to see the ball roll downhill like this. I hope JetGirl is lurking and knows she has our support. I wouldn't want to be within a ten foot radius of her right now.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd have her show me the Glocks. I wouldn't buy one; I'm only slightly to her junior 1911ishly, but I'd still have to tweak her. Maybe not today, but next week for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom