GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I tried to post in that thread, and I apparently am not allowed to. Is it in a super secret part of the forum? I had to go back and make sure I hadn't been given shooter status or something...glad to see I had not. :n00b:

Yes. You have to have special credentials to see it now. I think you have to have at least 8000 posts.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    hF525303C

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Please understand that the situation looks different from other perspectives.

In the last twenty-four hours two users have been temp-banned due to their inability or unwillingness to follow INGO rules. NEITHER was banned for simply mentioning Islam. Those of you working yourself into a lather over this need to step back and re-assess the situation.

No one has a "Right" to post anything on INGO but Fenway. The rest of us have to live by the rules set forth in the ingunowners.com's terms of service and forum rules.

All Indiana Gun Owners are welcome here, but not all topics are:

-Racially charged topics, insults...and religion. These topics are off-limits. It is up to the moderator staff to determine where the line is on these topics. It is also up to us to determine the appropriate action to take.

Does anyone have any idea just how many "warnings" we have to issue for breaking the "No Religion" rule?

I have been on this site for 5 years. I have been banned for insults, received a violation for "Bumping" an ad to say "Sold", but never for religion. Why? Because it just isn't that hard to avoid talking about religion!

I will make this as clear and concise as I can: Leave religion, religious undertones, and religious insults off the table.

The rule is absolutely clear:

This means "No Religion". Period. Just because you saw someone get away with an overtly religious post does not mean that you will, too.

The results of breaking INGO rules are up to the moderator dealing with the situation:

If, in fact, religion cannot be separated from a specific topic it must be assumed that topic is not appropriate for discussion on INGO.

If a user posts content of this type that user runs the risk of action from the Moderator staff.

No, it is not. If this does not run its course in a couple of days enforcement will likely be stepped-up. Again. Fair warning.

I already covered this a little...no, simply mentioning "Islam" will not get you banned. It may appear that way to some users, but there is more at play here.

No. Trying to start a fight with a moderator got him banned.

Before you ask which moderator:

WmJEgjK.jpg

I most certainly was not. If I wanted to throw away everything I've contributed to (and gotten from) INGO over the years there are much more spectacular ways to commit suicide by moderator.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I really don't have that far to go. I'll have to work on that, but right now I have to get ready to mix up my pizza crust for supper tonight...deep dish!! YUM!

Pizza!! Yum!! So what ya gonna put on it? Gotta have the details ;)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Pizza!! Yum!! So what ya gonna put on it? Gotta have the details ;)

It is LOADED! Thick crust in a huge cast iron skillet...a pound of sausage, cheese, tomatoes/seasonings, black olives, onion, banana peppers, mushrooms, ham....more cheese. I'm getting hungry now!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It is LOADED! Thick crust in a huge cast iron skillet...a pound of sausage, cheese, tomatoes/seasonings, black olives, onion, banana peppers, mushrooms, ham....more cheese. I'm getting hungry now!

I was right up there with you till the olives. I'm ot to big on faucet washers :laugh: So you going to have pie for desert?? Gotta have desert!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was right up there with you till the olives. I'm ot to big on faucet washers :laugh: So you going to have pie for desert?? Gotta have desert!!

We will be too full for dessert. Going to go meet the local political candidates and ask them some tough questions. Might be in the mood for pie when we get home though. Some of them aren't going to like my questions. I hope they ask all of the ones I am submitting.

30 minutes until it is done.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    :drool::drool::drool::drool: you gotta have something to drink with that. Maybe some wine?? Oh wait, you have some of that shine left??

Have fun at your event! Fill us in when you get back. Hey your post count is going up. 16 to go!! ;)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :drool::drool::drool::drool: you gotta have something to drink with that. Maybe some wine?? Oh wait, you have some of that shine left??

Have fun at your event! Fill us in when you get back. Hey your post count is going up. 16 to go!! ;)

Wine, shine or so many other choices! Might need to save the booze for after the meeting so I don't get too crazy. I don't want to need bail money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom