GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe they need to add it to the rule list of forbidden topics then...

I heard the term "secular inquisition" today. It applies to these sorts of topics where they're all part of a government imposed and enforced belief system--sort of like a religion...so yeah, maybe it does belong on that list.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't think so. I saw when BoR locked it and entered that last post. He must have subsequently deleted everything in between. It's pretty well gotten to the point where threads involving homosexuality wind up getting shut down and now wiped out.

His way of describing it as a "ban hammer bait", suggesting people let it fall off on its own, is crap. It was a legit thread that became plagued by gay/pedo comments. Don't blame the thread, blame the people.

A rare "bad call" by BoR.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    His way of describing it as a "ban hammer bait" is crap. It was a legit thread that became plagued by gay/pedo comments. Don't blame the thread, blame the people.

That is SOP for these threads. Folks do not engage the proper filters required to discuss these topics in an open forum. Bashers haters and numskulls abound.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    That is SOP for these threads. Folks do not engage the proper filters required to discuss these topics in an open forum. Bashers haters and numskulls abound.

Perhaps that's where the hammer bait comment comes in. If we know that's the direction these threads go, and continue to start them either expecting different results, or knowing exactly what's going to happen, aren't we just asking for it?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity after all.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps that's where the hammer bait comment comes in. If we know that's the direction these threads go, and continue to start them either expecting different results, or knowing exactly what's going to happen, aren't we just asking for it?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity after all.

Nah, disagree entirely. I don't "expect" users here to devolve into simplistic arguments that skirt the forum rules. I'd prefer to assume higher of them. But for a mod, especially one like BoR to come in and blame the thread itself... that's just silly. He's throwing away the idea that an important topic can be posted without turning into trash.

This was a thread, an important thread, focussing on fascism and a government overstepping it's bounds. It had worthy discussion. His comments that it was "hammer-bait" and "should be left alone to fall off the forums" (paraphrasing) were ridiculous and wrong.

That, and I don't even think the dumb comments in that thread were against any rules. They were stupid, they were unnecessary, but what rules did they break? BoR saw it fit to not only make his parting comment, but delete the thread entirely... where a lock apparently wouldn't suffice. I'd make more of an argument.. but... darn, the thread is gone so I can't reference anything.

Meh. I highly disagree with this action. I've had plenty of my threads locked in the past due to people going off the deep end with their comments... but this one just feels unnecessary.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah,I can't speak to the specifics of the thread because I didn't see it before it was locked, and probably wouldn't have looked at it anyway because I expect that subject to get really stupid, really fast. Did the comments get particularly hateful/homophobic or otherwise not family friendly? There are some rules written rather broadly which most likely exist to preclude threads that come off as hateful toward any specific group, so that may explain what happened and why it was deleted.

I've gotten the sense that the powers that be on INGO feel that what's deemed "hate speech" reflects poorly on gun owners as a whole, and don't want it associated with the site. It could also, at least partially, be that the mods think you're a rabble rouser (based on that comment and the previous exchange you had with VUPDblue elsewhere).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Sad but true.

This, this and this. How can anyone start a controversial topic thread and not expect people with specific mind set not to comment? Be realistic. that thread was bait. Nothing can convince me other wise. It was about subject matter that always brings out questionable behavior. JMHO anyway.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It could also, at least partially, be that the mods think you're a rabble rouser (based on that comment and the previous exchange you had with VUPDblue elsewhere).

My threads are nearly all based on breaking news, important topics and goings-on, or carry issues. I couldn't give less of a crap about a specific mod and his unstable rant over the users of the politics subforum. I don't think he should be a mod, but I can't do anything about that. I have no intentions of "making a poll" about his modship. He's a mod, I'm a user. That's how it's going to be.

If the mods consider me a "rabble-rouser", they're very mis-aligned in their priorities. There are plenty of other "fringe" contributors here that I'm sure they'd rather have their eye on than me.

This, this and this. How can anyone start a controversial topic thread and not expect people with specific mind set not to comment? Be realistic. that thread was bait. Nothing can convince me other wise. It was about subject matter that always brings out questionable behavior. JMHO anyway.

A thread about the government jailing citizens for denying service to people is not bait. It's information. It's something you should know, simple as that. I don't post "bait". I take offense to my threads being considered "bait."

HOWEVER - I don't take responsibility for the people posting in my threads. The people posting in the thread DID devolve the discussion into a topic that didn't need to be touched on. It was unrelated to the original post.

The subject matter was government overstepping it's bounds. Not pedo crap.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    HOWEVER - I don't take responsibility for the people posting in my threads. The people posting in the thread DID devolve the discussion into a topic that didn't need to be touched on. It was unrelated to the original post.

The subject matter was government overstepping it's bounds. Not pedo crap.

That'll do it. If the thread went pedo, I see why it would get deleted, if for no other reason than the difficult nature of policing a thread that's basically off the rails and trying to separate the good from the bad. Doesn't fully explain the BoR post, though, so I see why you take issue with it given your take on the whole situation.

Also, I'll go ahead and leave this here
    Nestle-pulls-Kit-Kat-Pedo-Bear-image-from-Facebook.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom