• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you think they WANT totalitarianism. Alright. You and I want totalitarianism because everyone who voted for Trump wanted totalitarianism. That’s what they believe about Trump. So then they’d be justified, using your logic, to say we’re enemies of the US because we voted for that.

Back to real life, some Democrats believe that. That we’re the enemy. Not all. It’s the radical ones who see things only in black and white. Guess what? It’s only the radical right that thinks the same way about them. Somehow you guys are becoming radicalized and that’s leading to a dangerous place. An indicator that they’re radical is that they believe everyone to the right of them is the enemy. You guys are sounding a lot like you believe everyone to the left of you is the enemy.

Belief is extraordinarily powerful. Guard your belief. You have as much to fear from the radical elements of your own side as you do the radical elements of the other. The sophistry of radical thinking convinced people to storm the Capitol, for **** sake, under the guise of patriotism. It wasn’t clear thinking that caused that. And now the radical left is using it to turn even moderates against all the right, even the sane ones.
    Anyone that votes for unconstitutional gun control is totalitarian. I am over this middling BS, there was nothing in the Trump term that even touches the authoritarian levels of gun control, speech control, and the use of government to go after political enemies...

NOTHING...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone that votes for unconstitutional gun control is totalitarian. I am over this middling BS, there was nothing in the Trump term that even touches the authoritarian levels of gun control, speech control, and the use of government to go after political enemies...

NOTHING...
    So you keep saying. You've gone over the edge. I'll just say it again, I don't think Kut, Alpo, CampingJosh, PaulF, and whomever else I've left off the list of people I think are foolish for voting for Biden. I don't think for a minute that they WANTED unconstitutional gun control anymore than I WANTED Trump to misuse his power to get around congress in the same way we all bitched about 0bama doing it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I will be vaccinated fully shortly after April 6th. I look forward to seeing my parents, now both vaccinated, in person.
    I'm sorry this has affected your family so bad. While we observed good hygiene practices we still got together with elderly parents, they wanted hugs, and time. They explicitly said they were living their lives, were not going to hide in fear, and celebrated all holidays and special days.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So you keep saying. You've gone over the edge. I'll just say it again, I don't think Kut, Alpo, CampingJosh, PaulF, and whomever else I've left off the list of people I think are foolish for voting for Biden. I don't think for a minute that they WANTED unconstitutional gun control anymore than I WANTED Trump to misuse his power to get around congress in the same way we all bitched about 0bama doing it.
    But alas, here we are. How anyone couldn't see the dems plans before now....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Anyone with a thimble of political knowledge KNEW what was coming if Xiden won. Either they are idiots or they wanted it, consciously or subconsciously I don't know...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sorry this has affected your family so bad. While we observed good hygiene practices we still got together with elderly parents, they wanted hugs, and time. They explicitly said they were living their lives, were not going to hide in fear, and celebrated all holidays and special days.
    Our annual trip to see extended family was canceled this year. Not so much by our choice. I really don't have any family left on my side, but my wife does. There's a Karen on the other side. I mean. They wear masks in their own ****ing house for crying out loud. And they STILL all got covid. Except for one of my nieces who baracaded herself in their basement for two weeks. :rolleyes:

Whatever. All we do is argue about politics anyway. Wife is a far right Trumper and SIL is a far left Karen, and her husband is left of her!. 5 words can't be said between them without a war breaking out. Just as well the Karen called off the annual meetup. Even a recent "happy birthday" call turned into a war.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone with a thimble of political knowledge KNEW what was coming if Xiden won. Either they are idiots or they wanted it, consciously or subconsciously I don't know...
    Well, that's what I'm saying. Except I've been kind and only called them fools. Same thing I guess.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But alas, here we are. How anyone couldn't see the dems plans before now....
    Here's a little secret about life. You tend not to see it coming, the pitfalls on your own side. Not that I can help taking some sides, but I advocate for not picking a home team. Pick sides of issues, not people, not ideologies. Then you at least stand a chance of seeing beyond your own biases.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Here's a little secret about life. You tend not to see it coming, the pitfalls on your own side. Not that I can help taking some sides, but I advocate for not picking a home team. Pick sides of issues, not people, not ideologies. Then you at least stand a chance of seeing beyond your own biases.
    Most of this was said by them, during their primaries! For example, Beto and his AR statement, Berney and his policies...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Our annual trip to see extended family was canceled this year. Not so much by our choice. I really don't have any family left on my side, but my wife does. There's a Karen on the other side. I mean. They wear masks in their own ****ing house for crying out loud. And they STILL all got covid. Except for one of my nieces who baracaded herself in their basement for two weeks. :rolleyes:

Whatever. All we do is argue about politics anyway. Wife is a far right Trumper and SIL is a far left Karen, and her husband is left of her!. 5 words can't be said between them without a war breaking out. Just as well the Karen called off the annual meetup. Even a recent "happy birthday" call turned into a war.
    It makes me so sad to hear stories like this. Love and trust in a family is so valuable I feel for those that don't have it for whatever reason...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I will be vaccinated fully shortly after April 6th. I look forward to seeing my parents, now both vaccinated, in person.
    I see mine every Sunday at a maskless church then have Sunday dinner with them.

None of us has caught the Chinese death disease. None in our church has. We have a simple rule. If you are feeling sick Stay home. It worked fine even when Holcomb ordered churches closed violating the constitution we all still went to church as normal. No one has gotten the Chinese death disease.

You sir are bitten by the fear mongering bug.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And you’ve read their minds?
    Have you read their minds? You shall know them by their beliefs. Doesn't take a psychological evaluation to figure out what these people want. They vote year after year for the platform of big government and no rights. How can you say they don't want an authoritarian government? Their voting habits alone tell you this much.

Top Bottom