What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am realizing that TV shows are just going to be a season or two and then I'm done. When we first cut the cable and I got Netflix, we thought it would be cool to start at season 1, episode 1 and just march through the entire show, watching one episode a night on average. We did okay with Blue Bloods, Friends and NCIS. Then I suppose I got too critical. With watching in that manner, you really get to see the character development over time and nuances from earlier episodes/seasons. But after awhile I start wanting to tell the writers not to do so and so. I believe that as good as the writers may be, they run out of stuff germane to the original premise of the series and then it starts to devolve into some plots far away from the original.

And then what I liked about the show is no longer there and I'm done.

Overthinking? Sure. That's what I do. :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think you're correct on many shows. The first year has a lot of energy, the second year the writers calm down and start thinking of complete multi-season story arcs. The third year is where things start to drift. Not true of shows like The Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad, etc., but those shows are few and far between.

I wish Netflix and Amazon had a permanent delete feature where you could eliminate entire genres or specific shows that you only got through the first three minutes before you turned them off.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I've also noticed that some shows change hands after a couple seasons. There has been a few shows that we were watching and then had to stop after Netflix picked them up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think, after a successful season, that shows let the actors start to contribute to the writing and story line.

In most cases, this is a mistake.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think you're correct on many shows. The first year has a lot of energy, the second year the writers calm down and start thinking of complete multi-season story arcs. The third year is where things start to drift. Not true of shows like The Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad, etc., but those shows are few and far between.

I wish Netflix and Amazon had a permanent delete feature where you could eliminate entire genres or specific shows that you only got through the first three minutes before you turned them off.
    Breaking Bad is on my list. GOT not so much. I probably should give it a try but typically I don't like stuff that was way back when. Well except for Monty Python stuff!

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    If you haven’t checked it out, watch Wind River. Great movie written by the same guy that wrote Yellowstone and several other great shows. Even several of the same actors in this. great Movie!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Just finished watching what is clearly the first episode of Dune.

The best on-screen interpretation of the book yet.

Did you stream it or see it in a theater? I am thinking this could be Blade Runner 2049 levels of cool and am debating seeing it in IMAX

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We watched it at home. I'm semi-immobile and couldn't cope with sitting in a show for almost 3 hours. But, I think a theatre is the way to see it. 4K loses so much. I hate the TV format. OK for sports. Sucks for films.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We both like Justified. I think the wife liked Breaking Bad more than I did.
    The ex-bf loved Breaking Bad-- said it was the best show ever made. I tried to get through it, but I just don't have the stomach for the violence and the suspense.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom