• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So, his grandma was an ex employee of the school. I’m guessing she raised him. I know when my mom worked I would often visit her at work, and knew how to get in to see her without going thru the proper chains. I’m betting he was very familiar with entry and exit of the school, and which doors he could get into. My guess is it’s a small town school, that never thought this would happen, and probably had a door they left unlocked for easy ins and outs.

When I was a senior I was a cadet teacher. I would walk to the elementary school next door to the high school and go to a class to teach kids for that period. The main door was never locked.

That was 16 years ago (holy ****, time flies) so I’m sure it’s different now. I hope anyways. I do know now they have a security building across the street from the high school, with all the security monitors inside and usually 2-3 cops inside. Even when I was in high school, we always had 1 officer in the school and 1 patrolling the parking lot. It made ditching class difficult, but not impossible.

We all remember being kids. It didn’t matter where dad hid something or how “locked” something was, we were able to figure out a way to get in it. Schools are no different. I remember which doors I could sneak out of, which routes I could take to avoid the cameras and get off the property. I would park at a friends next to the school, walk thru the cafeteria which had cameras, into the gym, to the locker room, out into the swimming pool area, and out to the parking lot. Only 1 camera in that area, the cafeteria, and if anyone saw me it just looked like I was walking thru on my way to gym.

They’re in that building every day for years. They know every nook n cranny of the building. Staff needs to understand that, and make sure they don’t lapse in their security measures a single moment, because that could be the moment it’s exploited.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Could the shooter have passed a NICS check at 18 with that on his record at 14?
    It's still an assumption that it's the same person. The names in the original report are all redacted due to being minors. The ages may simply be a coincidence.

It would not surprise me at all if juvenile records didn't make it into NICS. In the intervening four years the charges may have been modified, sealed, dropped entirely, etc.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So, his grandma was an ex employee of the school. I’m guessing she raised him. I know when my mom worked I would often visit her at work, and knew how to get in to see her without going thru the proper chains. I’m betting he was very familiar with entry and exit of the school, and which doors he could get into. My guess is it’s a small town school, that never thought this would happen, and probably had a door they left unlocked for easy ins and outs.

When I was a senior I was a cadet teacher. I would walk to the elementary school next door to the high school and go to a class to teach kids for that period. The main door was never locked.

That was 16 years ago (holy ****, time flies) so I’m sure it’s different now. I hope anyways. I do know now they have a security building across the street from the high school, with all the security monitors inside and usually 2-3 cops inside. Even when I was in high school, we always had 1 officer in the school and 1 patrolling the parking lot. It made ditching class difficult, but not impossible.

We all remember being kids. It didn’t matter where dad hid something or how “locked” something was, we were able to figure out a way to get in it. Schools are no different. I remember which doors I could sneak out of, which routes I could take to avoid the cameras and get off the property. I would park at a friends next to the school, walk thru the cafeteria which had cameras, into the gym, to the locker room, out into the swimming pool area, and out to the parking lot. Only 1 camera in that area, the cafeteria, and if anyone saw me it just looked like I was walking thru on my way to gym.

They’re in that building every day for years. They know every nook n cranny of the building. Staff needs to understand that, and make sure they don’t lapse in their security measures a single moment, because that could be the moment it’s exploited.
    Same. A parent of mine was a long time teacher. Going to their school to drop off supplies or even just to be manpower for some event with the kids wasn't unusual. Front door was unlocked and half the time there wasn't anyone in the office to say hello to.

That was also a decade ago, but I would not be surprised if small town schools still operated that way in practice if not policy. The block of wood theory is quite the coincidence but I would not be too surprised. People in nice communities get complacent, it's part of the reason you live there.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    According to Wikipedia, the then SRO, Scot Peterson, at Stoneman Douglas in Florida was charged with neglect of a child, culpable negligence and perjury.
    It looks like the trial is still pending. I do not want to get into a debate about what happened there. That is up to the court.

Back to Texas and these scenarios, in general. Some in the public insist that the police rush in and stop the shooters. Then you have the possibility of innocents being caught in the crossfire. Other "experts" then would want the "gun happy" cops charged if innocents are hit. Rushing in without evaluating the situation can put even more people at risk. There are several factors to be evaluated. How many shooters? Where are they? Where are the innocents? This is not a classic battlefield scenario in which opposing armies are charging each other across an open field.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Watching this press conference. This guy has a tough job.

He seems to be all over the place, with more than one contradiction?

1653668205144.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

There is a distinct possibility that he knew exactly where to go that would have the best probability of gaining entrance. It seems like he knew the layout well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Watching this press conference. This guy has a tough job.

He seems to be all over the place, with more than one contradiction?

View attachment 202613

This is gonna be a worse mess. This guy has said twice now "I wasn't there." He is now jousting with reporters...

Already admitted that the scene commander made a bad call to wait on tactical.

Said there were enough officers inside to do the job, but they waited on tactical to breach door. (While parents were outside being sprayed and cuffed.)

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Some of the takeaways from the presser so far.

A 911 call came from inside the school at least 3 minutes before killer entered. (Was a lockdown order made at that time?)

At least ten 911 calls came from inside the school pleading to send police inside.

The killer was inside alone for at least an hour and 15 minutes before officers put him down.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

WOW.

As said upthread, when push comes to shove the first responder is you.

Meanwhile, many are attempting to ensure it is as difficult as possible to defend yourself and as dependent as possible on others.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom