Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doesn't make sense. You don't give up the Florida Gov here. I'm fine with Haley or DeSantis. Either is capable, and either wins.
    Haley is Joe Biden lite, but without the dementia. No more Neocons. Even if that means 4 years of Trump. And for your insistence that Trump can’t win, that’s not apparent at the moment. Polls are showing he is ahead of Biden in several swing states. That’s what matters.

If the polls held true through election day 2024, Trump Will be president. But, Trumpers shouldn’t get a head of themselves. There’s a lot of campaigning left to do. Polls change.

But right now, Georgia doesn’t seem to give a flying **** about the trial there. If anything, it’s helping Trump. RCP polls taken yesterday show Trump ahead of Biden in GA well over the margin of error.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Haley is Joe Biden lite, but without the dementia. No more Neocons. Even if that means 4 years of Trump. And for your insistence that Trump can’t win, that’s not apparent at the moment. Polls are showing he is ahead of Biden in several swing states. That’s what matters.

If the polls held true through election day 2024, Trump Will be president. But, Trumpers shouldn’t get a head of themselves. There’s a lot of campaigning left to do. Polls change.

But right now, Georgia doesn’t seem to give a flying **** about the trial there. If anything, it’s helping Trump. RCP polls taken yesterday show Trump ahead of Biden in GA well over the margin of error.
    If Trump gets convicted AND wins the nomination.

Biden gets reelected or whomever they throw up there in his place.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Don’t need an “if” in the first sentence. It is a matter of when.

If they convict Trump he will win.

They know this, that is why they are also going after him in state courts so he cannot win and pardon himself…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think the way it's looking in some of the cases where there's a TDS judge, Trump was already convicted before the first evidence was presented in the trial. And that seems pretty obvious to most people even people on both sides.

People obviously want an alternative to Biden. It's obvious from the GOP polling that Trump is the favorite against Biden and not just by a little. And General Election polling shows Trump beating Biden by the widest margin of all candidates head to head, even with RFK jr as a 3rd party candidate.

But I'm not sure Mike is right about a conviction boosting Trump. It depends how fair it appears. Some polls, which admittedly are a little outdated, showed that people are supporting him through the indictments, but if he was convicted of a felony, support dropped off sharply. I think that presumes the facts from the trial are objectively damning. But, if Trump is convicted in a way that looks like it was rigged, then probably Trump gets a boost.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

They know this, that is why they are also going after him in state courts so he cannot win and pardon himself…

Trump's victory does not depend on Trumpers. They're a given. It depends also on independent voters who are fed up with Democrats. They didn't become GOP or Trumpers. They just want ClownWorld™ to end.

I think if Trump were convicted convincingly their support for him would fall off. But, so far, they have not done a good job of "convincingly". Take the fraud trial. If that were against anyone else it would have been thrown out of court. The court's valuation of those properties is obviously nonsense and partisan.

If Democrats really want this to work, they need to drop the idiotic cases against Trump and stick to what they have a stronger case with. So every case in GA, FL, and NY, probably needs to end. The DC case they might be able to convincingly convict Trump. The other cases are all goat ****ing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doesn't make sense. You don't give up the Florida Gov here. I'm fine with Haley or DeSantis. Either is capable, and either wins.
    DeSantis is ahead of Biden in some key states. I think he could probably beat Biden head to head. Not sure about Haley. But even if, just no. I'd have a hard time pulling the lever for a tradcon c***.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Just like NASCAR contracts, we will know in 12 months. :)

Of course if I am right, I will get to hear 4 more years of election fraud!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But, if Trump is convicted in a way that looks like it was rigged, then probably Trump gets a boost.
    I expect the Georgia stuff to fall apart as well as the Bragg case in NY, they will be settled or something will end them. The NY fraud case is civil and the judge has already ruled that fraud was committed, the trial is for damages that will likely be overturned.

The DC trial with an openly hostile judge in 92% dem territory will likely get conviction, but unlikely appeals will be heard before the election. I suspect most observers will see the nakedly partisan aspects and kangaroo court in this case.

The Florida documents case will not happen before election, if at all, any ruling will go to SCOTUS…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Not a fan of her social media policy. That policy won't have her spending a majority of her time and donor money on legal bills and facing a barrage of ads about J6/felonies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom