• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We don't need MSM. We can learn facts and scrutinize decisions on our own. But, yes. People consume their trusted news sources, and it's filled their heads full of ****. And that tends to inhibit their ability to think for themselves. Media has told us that Justice has held the powerful to account by charging Hunter Biden, and then cut a plea deal to give him a disproportionate consequence from what normal citizens would get.
    I think we are being conditioned to accept a lower standard and not to criticize our options because in doing so we lose to the left. Their standard threshold is pretty low which always makes us have to overlook certain in things in order to compete. Instead of raising our standards we have to expect less.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But is he taking credit for the lockdowns or for the vaccines?
    I don't believe he has articulated what he believes in detail. It could be the vaccines. I doubt it is the lockdowns, remember he was sold on the idea as 15 days to flatten the curve and after they had it they pushed for extensions from there. It might be on restricting travel from China early on, it could be executing a crash program to provide the ventilators some governors were saying they needed (I believe he has specifically mentioned this). He could be referring to the entirety of what he did to mitigate the effects

You have to strain things through the Trump supporter filter. You have to expect real accomplishments to be ignored or minimized and wrong decisions to be overinflated - and you must never actually ask the man, simply assume the worst motivations or pretend to be able to read his mind

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we are being conditioned to accept a lower standard and not to criticize our options because in doing so we lose to the left. Their standard threshold is pretty low which always makes us have to overlook certain in things in order to compete. Instead of raising our standards we have to expect less.
    It's an asymmetrical battle for sure. Doesn't mean we can't hold our leaders to higher account. And that doesn't mean not supporting them. Just call out their ********. I think it's fine to say, I support you, but I don't support that.

Reactions: KG1

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I mean. I think it's obvious. Imma go out on a limb and guess. Maybe near the top would be the abortion issue. Maybe he's not too keen on the importance we place on the culture war stuff. I suspect he doesn't agree with my characterization of Democrat policies as "clown world".

You appear to have a good understanding of my position. Thank you for actually reading my posts.

Currently, my number one issue is Trump. After Jan 6 I see Trump as a traitor...full stop. If he’s on the ticket I pull the lever for who ever stands in his way…even if that means giving you “clown world”. I’m really sorry voting against Trump has these effects, I’d rather have an option that wasn’t Trump or Clown World.

I disagree strongly with the right on:
    Effective oversight of the government and of commercial markets, immigration, abortion, policing and prisons, personal privacy, personal autonomy, the culture war, the endless real wars, and taxing and spending.

I disagree strongly with the left on:
    Guns, identity politics, personal privacy, personal responsibility, the culture war, the endless real wars, and taxing and spending.

What I want:
    A President and Congress that are focused on good governance first and foremost, and ideological matters last…if at all.

I have yet to find a politician that embodies these ideals…but, to me, Trump is the antithesis of them.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You appear to have a good understanding of my position. Thank you for actually reading my posts.

Currently, my number one issue is Trump. After Jan 6 I see Trump as a traitor...full stop. If he’s on the ticket I pull the lever for who ever stands in his way…even if that means giving you “clown world”. I’m really sorry voting against Trump has these effects, I’d rather have an option that wasn’t Trump or Clown World.
    Full Clown world is the end of enlightenment principles. Nothing short of an America-first candidate can even slow the progression towards clown world. So my first preference is not-clown-world. Even if that means another 4 years of Trump. There is nothing Trump did during his 1st term that's holds a candle to Biden's clown world policies. I'm including 1/6. I kinda think you consume too much left wing media. What Trump tried to do with Pence is bad. We were never in any danger of that playing out, even if Pence went along with it. No one else would have.

I disagree strongly with the right on:
    Effective oversight of the government and of commercial markets, immigration, abortion, policing and prisons, personal privacy, personal autonomy, the culture war, the endless real wars, and taxing and spending.
    There's a lot of overlap here with my own thinking but I think I have a more moderate view than you might. I don't understand some of the things on the list.

Oversight of government: You mean like trying to hold government agencies accountable for punishing people they disagree with? You don't like that?

Commercial markets: I think the America-first faction of the Republican party does not have the same laissez-faire view of commercial markets as the chamber-o-commerce Republicans.

Immigration: As an understatement, clearly this is an example of where the right thing to do is somewhere between the extremes. No borders is one extreme, allowing all to come in unchecked. On the other extreme is locking the country down for any entry. So which extreme is closest to the policy enacted by either the last administration and the current? I think an honest answer would be the current administration. There's almost no border now. At no point during the previous administration was the opposite extreme suggested or practiced.

Abortion: I think it's a state's issue to solve. I've posted extensively on INGO that the morality of it hinges on whether you believe a right to life exists before birth. The left doesn't believe so. The right does. Federalism is probably the only way to solve that. But knowing the Right, they've won that battle. They won't take the win and leave it up to states. They'll go for a national ban.

Policing: this one seems simple. Cities where progressivism has no checks or balances are literally **** holes. Defund the police is retarded. We clearly need law enforcement, not more counselors clown world brain-washers. We clearly need prosecutors that prosecute crime. We don't need several police mechanisms like qualified immunity at least in its current form. We don't need civil forfeiture. We need more accountability. We also need some intellectual honesty on the left in terms of actual racism vs perceived racism among police. For example, Chauvin used excessive force on George Floyd. There is no evidence presented at trial that it had anything to do with race.

Personal privacy: Again, this is something I think the America-first wing of the RNC has a better grasp than Democrats or chamber-o-commerce Republicans.

Personal Autonomy: Wut? I think most America-first type conservatives would say, as consenting adults you get to pretty much do what you want unless it harms someone innocent. There are still a few duds that want to lock you up forever for MJ, while they sip their bourbon.

Culture war: it is what it is. It's a fight for clown world or status quo. Which do you want? I'm afraid that's a binary choice in its current form.

I disagree strongly with the left on:
    Guns, identity politics, personal privacy, personal responsibility, the culture war, the endless real wars, and taxing and spending.
    I'm disappointed you didn't put clown world.

What I want:
    A President and Congress that are focused on good governance first and foremost, and ideological matters last…if at all.
    This is a trigger phrase. It is the phrase Paul Helmke used in his campaign for Mayor of Fort Wayne back in the day. I still remember it. Haunting words indeed. It means nothing.

But anyway, you're not gonna get any of that. You're gonna get either clown world or some form of America-first (because I think at this point chamber-o-commerce stamped Republicans are too out of favor with the party, and "R" printed on anything is poison to almost everyone left of center. The Fat ass pussbag, for example, is not winning any primaries.

I have yet to find a politician that embodies these ideals…but, to me, Trump is the antithesis of them.
    You won't. I'm not a fan of Trump, but I think your image of him doesn't really reflect the truest reality. But he's definitely not gonna be favorable to any Clown World policies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom