Not open for further replies.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I think some people look at the word “regret” differently from others. I have no regrets, none that I can think of. I do however, “wish” I made different decisions in my life; but no regrets.

I wonder if Trump ever wishes he did something differently but does not have regrets that he did not?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think some people look at the word “regret” differently from others. I have no regrets, none that I can think of. I do however, “wish” I made different decisions in my life; but no regrets.

I wonder if Trump ever wishes he did something differently but does not have regrets that he did not?
    It isn’t about regret. Would he make the same choice? Has he learned anything new? It doesn’t look like it to me. He still believes he saved millions of lives? Why? Is he retarded? Or perhaps so egotistical he can’t allow reality to steal his contention that he saved lives? Here, the best case to explain it is that he’s simply deluded.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It isn’t about regret. Would he make the same choice? Has he learned anything new? It doesn’t look like it to me. He still believes he saved millions of lives? Why? Is he retarded? Or perhaps so egotistical he can’t allow reality to steal his contention that he saved lives? Here, the best case to explain it is that he’s simply deluded.
    Ironically, many (if not most) on the left still think that masks and vaccines are a good thing. Are they now considered "Trumpers"? :scratch:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ironically, many (if not most) on the left still think that masks and vaccines are a good thing. Are they now considered "Trumpers"? :scratch:
    Of course not. Two opposing sides can believe the same thing. It’s that often it’s for different reasons. With Lefties, they’re conditioned by media to “believe the science”, which is really just words to get oeople to believe the official narrative. With Trump, I think he just wants to be seen as the hero.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It seems you must have repentance, and I think I know from whence that comes

But you seek repentance without offering hope of redemption, which is a tough sell
    You continue to twist things. There is a big difference between demanding repentance and not liking his continued support of what was done.

Reactions: oze

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems you must have repentance, and I think I know from whence that comes

But you seek repentance without offering hope of redemption, which is a tough sell
    In my opinion, yeah. Repentance would be nice. That would make Trump more trustworthy in the future, having admitted that he understands the course he took was harmful. Doing it in the first place is forgivable. None of us knew what the **** was up. Except maybe Fauci and a few others. And continuing to claim he was right is only unforgivable as long as he maintains it. Admit it was wrong and that he would not allow such against the American people and I’ll withdraw my complaint.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In my opinion, yeah. Repentance would be nice. That would make Trump more trustworthy in the future, having admitted that he understands the course he took was harmful. Doing it in the first place is forgivable. None of us knew what the **** was up. Except maybe Fauci and a few others. And continuing to claim he was right is only unforgivable as long as he maintains it. Admit it was wrong and that he would not allow such against the American people and I’ll withdraw my complaint.
    I think when he says that pretty much everything he has done is "perfect" it gets to be a bit tiresome.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A pretty threadbare kind of redemption on offer
    I mean. None of that addresses the complaint. It’s a legitimate complaint. If Trump still insists he saved millions of lives by fast tracking a doomed vaccine, and locking the country down, is he capable of resisting it again if he’s elected? It’s not everything. But it should be a concern.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    is he capable of resisting it again if he’s elected? It’s not everything. But it should be a concern.
    Really? I would think that concern is open to everyone; not only Trump. I understand your hatred for Trump and seeming stuck on this covid thing, but really, the entire world was reacting to an unknown. People did what they felt was right at the time. Would they do it again? Probably! When given a situation that is unknown, regardless of history, it remains unknown. One unknown does not compare to another unknown so doing the same thing is quite possible.

What should be learned about covid is not what we “should not do” but rather what “to do”; that along with key points to look for.

The only value I take away from your posts is not Trump’s responses but your actually dislike of Trump and you seemingly look for every opportunity to discredit him, even when unwarranted.

The Trump / covid thing has been overplayed, isn’t it time to find another opportunity to bash the man? Time to move down your list?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Trump / covid thing has been overplayed, isn’t it time to find another opportunity to bash the man? Time to move down your list?
    Not when he continues to brag about how perfectly he handled the situation. You may think he has reason to do so, many of us do not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really? I would think that concern is open to everyone; not only Trump. I understand your hatred for Trump and seeming stuck on this covid thing, but really, the entire world was reacting to an unknown. People did what they felt was right at the time. Would they do it again? Probably! When given a situation that is unknown, regardless of history, it remains unknown. One unknown does not compare to another unknown so doing the same thing is quite possible.

What should be learned about covid is not what we “should not do” but rather what “to do”; that along with key points to look for.

The only value I take away from your posts is not Trump’s responses but your actually dislike of Trump and you seemingly look for every opportunity to discredit him, even when unwarranted.

I don't hate Trump. I'm open minded enough to see some serious flaws in his personality that makes him unfit for what we need in a President right now. All the **** he's in right now is ********, for sure. But it's ******** of his own making. Unforced errors. THAT's why I'd rather not have to vote for him. There's such a thing as least evil, though, so I'll vote for him if it comes to that.

And again, on this topic, I don't fault him for making the wrong decision back then. But, given what we know now, he still claims he saved lives, which we all know is horse ****. But you have this :lala: "Trump is still perfect, Trump is still perfect" thing going on and I'm not sure you get what we're even saying. You rationalize ways to go on thinking that he's not wrong. I'm sorry. But the there are a few ways you can stay logically consistent. You can start believing lock-downs work, and the mRna vaccines saved millions of lives. But I'd say as a Trumper, the most honest course would be to adopt the position, "Yeah, that's a fault Trump has. But it's not a deal breaker. His positives outweigh that and he's still my candidate." To which, I'd say, fair enough.

IMO, there is a candidate in the race who made a bad decision, recognized it later, and changed his course. THAT is a more trustworthy candidate. Everyone makes mistakes. Can one learn from mistakes and change course? What's the evidence Trump can do that? He thinks everything he does is right. He's incapable of admitting he made a mistake. To me, on the pros/cons, that's a big check mark in the cons column.

And the only reason I'm still on this topic, is because I'm rebutting posts that state wrong stuff on the internet. Post something that makes sense and instead of replying to it, I'll hit the thumbs up button.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom