Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some people like the vaccine. Some people don’t. (Or something like that).

Good thing Trump saved her from covid.

But muh Trump is a fighter!

Yeah. He fought for that successfully, now didn’t he. Probably an easy sell for Fauci. Just play on his ego “You’ll be a hero”. Adoration is to Trump as a young girl’s hair is to Joe Biden. Irresistible.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Pres Donald Trump handled covid horribly! His response was absolutely without a doubt terrible...

But so was everybody else's!!! NOBODY handled that disease well at all. This was a case of the tail (media) wagging the dog (gov.)

The best(?) American response, IMO, was Gov Kristi Noam of South Dakota. That said, if I looked into her response in detail there were probably things she could have done much better.

On the world stage I believe Sweden did the best, but time will tell.

The worst player in all of this was the media. I don't accuse them of malice, but I do accuse their business model of chasing after ever higher ratings as the driving force of most media problems. This takes the mantra of "If it bleeds it leads" to a whole new level, a magnitude higher than the newspaper wars in the early 1900's.

Regards,

Doug

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Pres Donald Trump handled covid horribly! His response was absolutely without a doubt terrible...

But so was everybody else's!!! NOBODY handled that disease well at all. This was a case of the tail (media) wagging the dog (gov.)

The best(?) American response, IMO, was Gov Kristi Noam of South Dakota. That said, if I looked into her response in detail there were probably things she could have done much better.

On the world stage I believe Sweden did the best, but time will tell.

The worst player in all of this was the media. I don't accuse them of malice, but I do accuse their business model of chasing after ever higher ratings as the driving force of most media problems. This takes the mantra of "If it bleeds it leads" to a whole new level, a magnitude higher than the newspaper wars in the early 1900's.

Regards,

Doug
    Doing terrible is one thing. Defending those decisions years later is another.

Reactions: oze

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Doing terrible is one thing. Defending those decisions years later is another.

True, but how many people running for office are going to say, "Yep, I really screwed that one up. Tens of thousands of people died due to my mistake(s). Mea culpa. I'll do better next time. Just vote for me?"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    True, but how many people running for office are going to say, "Yep, I really screwed that one up. Tens of thousands of people died due to my mistake(s). Mea culpa. I'll do better next time. Just vote for me?"
    Well, I would rather someone admit that mistakes were made in dealing with an unprecedented challenge presented by a global pandemic than someone referring to pretty much everything they have done as "perfect"

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They could say nothing. Bragging about how great they did is not good

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Good thing Trump saved her from covid.

But muh Trump is a fighter!

Yeah. He fought for that successfully, now didn’t he. Probably an easy sell for Fauci. Just play on his ego “You’ll be a hero”. Adoration is to Trump as a young girl’s hair is to Joe Biden. Irresistible.
    Sound's like a familiar story, W and the Patriot act or Obama and CRT/BLM

Have either of them repented? Is that different because they're not running for election? How about McConnell, then? Or the other principled losers of the GOPe? Anyone repenting the collapse and retreat from Afghanistan, beating the drums of war with Russia and Iran or pushing for fighting in Syria?

DeSantis come out full throated for an end to pointless wars?

Is DeSantis the fighter you're looking for? Can you even prove he's a fighter when the odds aren't stacked on his side? Are you even looking for a fighter?

Do you even know what time it is?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This, so very much this!

To answer your question, about as many who will admit publicly that the debt is unsustainable and only real financial pain at all levels will have any chance of making progress against it

In politics, Gorshkov always has the last laugh

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I would rather someone admit that mistakes were made in dealing with an unprecedented challenge presented by a global pandemic than someone referring to pretty much everything they have done as "perfect"
    How about someone trying to get the whip hand on Disney for the purpose of political pandering? Should they own up to mistakes they made? Or just pull their pants back up and make some tough but so far ineffective noises

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This, so very much this!

To answer your question, about as many who will admit publicly that the debt is unsustainable and only real financial pain at all levels will have any chance of making progress against it

In politics, Gorshkov always has the last laugh
    :bs:
    This is not about not repenting. He is actively promoting what a wonderful job he did with lies about what happened.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess Struggle Session, then? The same fate awaits those who admit any flaws as those who do not

“A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” - WOPR

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I read fake news here on INGO that Trump should have fired Dr. Fauci but they wouldn’t let him. Trump had no authority to fire him. By the time he found out what a murderer and liar he was it was too late. Fauci owns covid literally. Nobody knew the real truth or how bad it could or would be. It was all one big experiment by the the elites. However as time went by the ignorance grew and still continues. I don’t blame Trump, he was damned no matter what he did. But he didn’t cause it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom