Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I find it ... charming ... that you think I should believe you would acknowledge any answer I could give as accurate if it wasn't sufficiently hagiographic

'Guess what number I'm thinking of'

I think I will wait at least for the faux outrage that I 'won't address' your unserious, loaded and unanswerable question. I believe that usually comes in the next couple of pages

Standing by :cool:
    All right. I was hoping for you to make an honest run at it. That's obviously not gonna happen. So I'll settle for your imagination. Go a head. Tell me what you think I'm advocating. That's not a loaded ask. I really don't know WTF you're talking about.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm going to noodle around and address something about frequent Trump critics who claim they don't have a guy. IMO I see this as an effort to create a 'safe space' to enjoy the leg tingling thrill of dogging Trump while not having to defend any other position because 'we don't have a guy'. It is a variation of the Biden playbook, to be partisan while hiding in the basement. I find it disingenuous that likely most of the people who 'don't have a guy' would be DeSantis men if Trump dropped out tomorrow (which, of course, is what they want). That is my opinion, which is mine

As I said, the chief arbiter of 'careful, evenhanded deliberation' and 'not having a guy' is, IMO, fully in the bag for DeSantis and is quite enjoying being able to needle Trumpers from the safety of Fort Prevarication. Given this, it shouldn't be a surprise that I am suspicious of the motivations of his fellow travelers

Incorrect, the perceived veracity of your denial of partisanship affects one's willingness to believe your claims, which in turn affects whether such assumptions can be made or not. Having said so, I now expect the conversation to be diverted into some level of outrage on your part that I don't accept the level of nonpartisanship you claim. 'How dare I !!!'
    Well these are your lofty opinions and I have mine.. You seem to disregard everything I've said about Trump still being the best option as I see it now. Even if DeSantis officially jumps in the race he will still not be guaranteed my vote in the primaries, and I'll sit it out and vote for the nominee in the general. I still think Trump will most likely win the primaries. So be it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm going to noodle around and address something about frequent Trump critics who claim they don't have a guy. IMO I see this as an effort to create a 'safe space' to enjoy the leg tingling thrill of dogging Trump while not having to defend any other position because 'we don't have a guy'.

A safe space? A person who can be critical of Trump in a thread with you? :rofl:

Dude, I couldn't say Trump's hair looks a little thin today without you claiming it's intentional, that he's playing 17 moves ahead.

I don't have a guy. I'm not defending DeSantis. If you post **** that's just blatantly ignorant ****, like the Soros stuff, I'll push back. Or like the Cracken ****. Or whatever other **** you've spewed I've had to correct. I've also been openly critical of DeSantis. See, that's what people do when they're not on a team. It's liberating. You should try it. Then you don't have to carry your guy's lies around. And have to make ridiculous defenses of the indefensible.

It is a variation of the Biden playbook, to be partisan while hiding in the basement. I find it disingenuous that likely most of the people who 'don't have a guy' would be DeSantis men if Trump dropped out tomorrow (which, of course, is what they want). That is my opinion, which is mine
    I don't think there's any chance of Trump dropping out of the race. I'd rather he didn't anyway, because he's an option. So is DeSantis. If he runs. Which I think, given his trip to Israel, he most likely will.

As I said, the chief arbiter of 'careful, evenhanded deliberation'
    Dude, that's your shtick, to try to pin that on me. I do advocate for looking at both sides of an issue. It's just about never the case that all the truth is found on just one side of an issue. If you don't know what that means, it's less embarrassing if you just don't talk about it.

and 'not having a guy' is, IMO, fully in the bag for DeSantis.
    Fully in the bag? How much money do you think I've donated to DeSantis? This is just a talking point you like to hit instead of addressing the issues as they exist.

and is quite enjoying being able to needle Trumpers from the safety of Fort Prevarication. Given this, it shouldn't be a surprise that I am suspicious of the motivations of his fellow travelers
    I only needle you. :): Because I fully endorse the idea of giving what I get. You give shade. I return shade. You give respect. I return respect.

And are we going to talk about Fort Prevarication? You hide behind your vague claims but won't explain them because that would open them up to bare for examination. I don't know how more directly I can say it. I don't have a guy. I will wait until May. If Trump and DeSantis is in the race, I'll decide then. If Trump is the only AF option, I guess it's Trump. If Trump drops out before then (not likely) it's DeSantis.

Incorrect, the perceived veracity of your denial of partisanship affects one's willingness to believe your claims, which in turn affects whether such assumptions can be made or not. Having said so, I now expect the conversation to be diverted into some level of outrage on your part that I don't accept the level of nonpartisanship you claim. 'How dare I !!!'

Well. You can believe want you want. It's not like you haven't believed ******** before. You bought the Kracken lie. You'll buy more too. The reason you'll buy those lies is because you DO have a guy. You have someone you have to be loyal to. So your instinct is just to blindly believe anything Trump says. Speaking for myself I don't want that. I don't want to be loyal to a politician. Maybe that's a foreign concept to you. Maybe you can't wrap your head around not wanting that. Or. Maybe this is just an angle you have to deflect criticisms.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well these are your lofty opinions and I have mine.. You seem to disregard everything I've said about Trump still being the best option as I see it now. Even if DeSantis officially jumps in the race he will still not be guaranteed my vote in the primaries, and I'll sit it out and vote for the nominee in the general. I still think Trump will most likely win the primaries.
    I mean. Don't take it personally. It's really about me. Bug thinks I'm his nemesis. If you ever make a statement that is in agreement with me on anything, could even be horse racing, that makes you...I guess mini jamil?. :lmfao:

I don't know if I should feel flattered or not. That bug thinks such of me that he's made me the standard. I don't think I've earned such honors. But what can I do? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There you go with that jamil mini me **** again. My opinions are mine alone regardless of if some of them so happen to coincide with some of jamils. I don't post anything just to please jamil. I'm sure IM wouldn't like it If I referred to him as your mini-me. I respect him for his opinions, even though we might not agree all of the time. and I address them solely as that.
    Forgot to address the highlighted. Is IM really Bug's mini-me? Or is it the other way around? A strong case could be made for either way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Forgot to address the highlighted. Is IM really Bug's mini-me? Or is it the other way around? A strong case could be made for either way.
    It could because they both seem to be speaking with, the same mouth at times but like I said I won't disrespect their respective opinions in light of that like Bug has shown to me.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There you go with that jamil mini me **** again. My opinions are mine alone regardless of if some of them so happen to coincide with some of jamils. I don't post anything just to please jamil. I'm sure IM wouldn't like it If I referred to him as your mini-me. I respect him for his opinions, even though we might not agree all of the time. and I address them solely as that.
    Wouldn't work anyway. Mike and I disagree on many things, HOAs and any form of DST being two examples

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well these are your lofty opinions and I have mine.. You seem to disregard everything I've said about Trump still being the best option as I see it now. Even if DeSantis officially jumps in the race he will still not be guaranteed my vote in the primaries, and I'll sit it out and vote for the nominee in the general. I still think Trump will most likely win the primaries. So be it.
    If you want truth, what has me wondering about you is how you will sometimes announce in post that you will 'throw Bug a bone' when you post something a bit less harsh than jamil's usual standards. This is problematic on at least two levels. First, if you believe it true enough to post isn't it enough to just post it? And second, to feel the need to announce that you are 'throwing me a bone' makes it seem you are playing at being unbiased as well as playing to the 'audience' as it were. That characterization of the information gives the impression that you are unserious and worried that you might be mistaken for pro-Trump somehow. I don't believe you have any worries in that respect

I don't quite understand where you stand because you are in Jamil's shadow so much, but both of you need to internalize that 'I'll vote for Trump if he is the nominee' is in fact anybody but Trump. You both insist you 'don't have a guy' in the race, but that just proves my point. If you really are not secret Desantis squirrels then you are de facto anybody but Trump because you will not consider that Trump may in fact be the best choice. Saying you will vote for Trump only if he's the only choice does not say what you think it does about you

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wouldn't work anyway. Mike and I disagree on many things, HOAs and any form of DST being two examples
    I believe we are speaking in the political realm of discussions we have in the GP here. How much do you both disagree here? How many examples can you give?

While jamil and I have many of the same opinions here in the GP we have also had differing opinions on our takes of the way we interpret things and point them out. Can you say the same for yourself and IM in the GP?

In light of that I can certainly call someone somebody else's "mini-me"' if i choose to do so but i won't disrespect IM like that. You're the one that started all of this mini-me ***Not me.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you want truth, what has me wondering about you is how you will sometimes announce in post that you will 'throw Bug a bone' when you post something a bit less harsh than jamil's usual standards. This is problematic on at least two levels. First, if you believe it true enough to post isn't it enough to just post it? And second, to feel the need to announce that you are 'throwing me a bone' makes it seem you are playing at being unbiased as well as playing to the 'audience' as it were. That characterization of the information gives the impression that you are unserious and worried that you might be mistaken for pro-Trump somehow. I don't believe you have any worries in that respect
    The reason for me "Throwing you that bone" meant that i was giving you something critical of DeSantis to chew on and to prove that I am not opposed to posting something critical about DeSantis which you accuse me of not doing. That's why I made it a point to characterize it that way to directly address your criticism of me. If I were so enamored with DeSantis like you think I am I wouldn't have even posted anything like that.
    I don't quite understand where you stand because you are in Jamil's shadow so much, but both of you need to internalize that 'I'll vote for Trump if he is the nominee' is in fact anybody but Trump. You both insist you 'don't have a guy' in the race, but that just proves my point. If you really are not secret Desantis squirrels then you are de facto anybody but Trump because you will not consider that Trump may in fact be the best choice. Saying you will vote for Trump only if he's the only choice does not say what you think it does about you
    It's no secret that I am open to giving someone else besides Trump a chance, I've even said so but I've also said as well to give me something to work with to convince me that Trump isn't the best option. DeSantis still needs to prove that to me as well. If no one can do that to my satisfaction, then Trump will still be the best option IMO.

Edit: By the way Bug this is me talking. Not jamil. I can stand on my own.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A safe space? A person who can be critical of Trump in a thread with you? :rofl:

Dude, I couldn't say Trump's hair looks a little thin today without you claiming it's intentional, that he's playing 17 moves ahead.

I don't have a guy. I'm not defending DeSantis. If you post **** that's just blatantly ignorant ****, like the Soros stuff, I'll push back. Or like the Cracken ****. Or whatever other **** you've spewed I've had to correct. I've also been openly critical of DeSantis. See, that's what people do when they're not on a team. It's liberating. You should try it. Then you don't have to carry your guy's lies around. And have to make ridiculous defenses of the indefensible.

I don't think there's any chance of Trump dropping out of the race. I'd rather he didn't anyway, because he's an option. So is DeSantis. If he runs. Which I think, given his trip to Israel, he most likely will.

Dude, that's your shtick, to try to pin that on me. I do advocate for looking at both sides of an issue. It's just about never the case that all the truth is found on just one side of an issue. If you don't know what that means, it's less embarrassing if you just don't talk about it.

Fully in the bag? How much money do you think I've donated to DeSantis? This is just a talking point you like to hit instead of addressing the issues as they exist.

I only needle you. :): Because I fully endorse the idea of giving what I get. You give shade. I return shade. You give respect. I return respect.

And are we going to talk about Fort Prevarication? You hide behind your vague claims but won't explain them because that would open them up to bare for examination. I don't know how more directly I can say it. I don't have a guy. I will wait until May. If Trump and DeSantis is in the race, I'll decide then. If Trump is the only AF option, I guess it's Trump. If Trump drops out before then (not likely) it's DeSantis.

Well. You can believe want you want. It's not like you haven't believed ******** before. You bought the Kracken lie. You'll buy more too. The reason you'll buy those lies is because you DO have a guy. You have someone you have to be loyal to. So your instinct is just to blindly believe anything Trump says. Speaking for myself I don't want that. I don't want to be loyal to a politician. Maybe that's a foreign concept to you. Maybe you can't wrap your head around not wanting that. Or. Maybe this is just an angle you have to deflect criticisms.
    Are you answering for KG1, now? What was that about 'speaking with one voice'?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Are you answering for KG1, now? What was that about 'speaking with one voice'?
    Oh you caught us Bug. We secretly colluded with each other. I asked jamil to speak for me because I couldn't handle it. In reality I was scratching my head as to why jamil responded to a post that was directed at me. By the way he responded I honestly think he thought that post was for him. If you'll notice, he made a few more posts after that responding to something other than what was quoted. That whole sequence didn't make any sense.

Sorry jamil. I went off script and said something critical of you.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I didn’t write this, but it sums up my thoughts perfecly.

I am not voting for a man. I am voting for the principles for which this country has stood since its founding. I am voting for Constitutional government. I am voting for a strong and viable military. I am voting for a vibrant economy. I am voting for the right to keep and bear arms. I am voting for the freedom to worship. I am voting for a national recognition of the founding of our nation on Biblical principles. I am voting for the ability for anyone to rise above their circumstances and become successful. I am voting for children and grandchildren to be able to choose their own path in life, including how and where their children are educated.
    I am voting for our borders to be open to everyone who enters under our law and closed to everyone who would circumvent or ignore the law. I am voting for the Electoral College to remain in place, so that a few heavily populated liberal centers do not control the elections. I am voting for a Supreme Court that interprets the Constitution rather than rewrites it. I am voting to teach history, with all its warts, not erase it or revise it. I am voting for the sanctity of life from conception to birth and after.

Let’s all Make America Great Again.​

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn’t write this, but it sums up my thoughts perfecly.

I am not voting for a man. I am voting for the principles for which this country has stood since its founding. I am voting for Constitutional government. I am voting for a strong and viable military. I am voting for a vibrant economy. I am voting for the right to keep and bear arms. I am voting for the freedom to worship. I am voting for a national recognition of the founding of our nation on Biblical principles. I am voting for the ability for anyone to rise above their circumstances and become successful. I am voting for children and grandchildren to be able to choose their own path in life, including how and where their children are educated.​
    I am voting for our borders to be open to everyone who enters under our law and closed to everyone who would circumvent or ignore the law. I am voting for the Electoral College to remain in place, so that a few heavily populated liberal centers do not control the elections. I am voting for a Supreme Court that interprets the Constitution rather than rewrites it. I am voting to teach history, with all its warts, not erase it or revise it. I am voting for the sanctity of life from conception to birth and after.​
    Let’s all Make America Great Again.​
    Looks to me like this could apply to voting for DeSantis as well as Trump if one were so inclined because I think for the most part, they both believe in and have fought for the same things equally as described above. There is no difference in that regard.

Now some may say the difference is that Trump has done those things on a national level which is true but that still doesn't mean DeSantis doesn't believe in and won't fight for all of those things with the same fervor as POTUS. I'm 100% confident in that based on what I've already seen and heard from him.

He has a proven record as Governor that shows he is guided by those same principles by not only espousing them, which he has done but by his actions as well. DeSantis walks the talk as well as Trump. That's what I meant by there is no difference as related to those core governing principles and people should recognize those qualities in both.

As for myself I would have no qualms about voting for either Trump or DeSantis based upon their common belief in those core principles which I believe in as well.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom