Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you saying that if Trumpers don't fall in line and become compliant little DeSandinistas you'll hold back your votes for the eventual winner (Trump)? Because it sounds like that's the sentiment behind this

No, I'm saying exactly what I said - it is likely foolish to give up the 30% of republicans enthusiastic to vote for Trump to try to suck up to the 10% or so (if that many) untrustworthy republicans who supposedly voted for Biden because;Trump. The only way that makes sense is if you are taking for granted that that 30% will vote for someone else. If you **** Trump and he goes third party you're toast, but it still seems like you think you can do whatever you want and those Trump voters will HAVE come around. I think you are choosing unwisely

And you heard it here first: beware an RFK jr/ Sanders ticket
    Well you could say it better then. I'm trying to make sense of what you said in a way that reconciles with everything else. I don't speak fluent Trumper as my first language. So maybe that's just a tough task for me.

Are you saying this as if you're talking to McCarthy face to face? Because it seemed like you were specifically referring to KG1 in your post I replied to. And then you seemed to be referring to me in your post above.

But I suppose if I replace references to "you" with "McCarthy" it would make more sense for you to say that. But you did not make it clear that was what you were doing. It read a lot like the "you" above is referring to me. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you were rhetorically speaking of "you" as if to McCarthy. But do affirm that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Democrats are too deep into a purity spiral for something like that.

No way in hell they'd put up someone that moderate as a front runner, much less allow sanders anywhere near the white house.
    They laughed Jim Webb off the debate stage in 2016. And Webb was too "left", but at least sane. In 2024 they're 8 years bat-**** crazier. And that's saying a lot since their crazy seems to have exponential growth.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well you could say it better then. I'm trying to make sense of what you said in a way that reconciles with everything else. I don't speak fluent Trumper as my first language. So maybe that's just a tough task for me.

Are you saying this as if you're talking to McCarthy face to face? Because it seemed like you were specifically referring to KG1 in your post I replied to. And then you seemed to be referring to me in your post above.

But I suppose if I replace references to "you" with "McCarthy" it would make more sense for you to say that. But you did not make it clear that was what you were doing. It read a lot like the "you" above is referring to me. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you were rhetorically speaking of "you" as if to McCarthy. But do affirm that.
    It appeared that Bug was addressing me when he said “Are YOU taking Trump supporters for granted feeling like they HAVE to support YOUR guy?” and that’s why I responded to it the way I saw it. (YOU and YOUR emphasis mine) but he said it like he was addressing it to me.

I’ve never said that anyone HAS to support “my guy” As a matter of fact I’ve said to Bug in the past "Do what you want." After which he replied "I will" Then I responded with "As you should" Maybe he might not remember that little exchange, but I do. If he doesn't I'll say it again now. "Hey Bug do what you want."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It appeared that Bug was addressing me when he said “Are YOU taking Trumpers for granted feeling like they HAVE support YOUR guy?” and that’s why I responded to it the way I saw it.

I know. That's what I thought too. And when I read his reply to me, on first and second read, I thought he was talking to me. Maybe he was. But, benefit of doubt though, I'll grant that he's saying it as if talking to McCarthy. I mean, McCarthy was the original context. Because if he were actually addressing that to me, then what I said he was saying is really what he was saying.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know. That's what I thought too. And when I read his reply to me, on first and second read, I thought he was talking to me. Maybe he was. But, benefit of doubt though, I'll grant that he's saying it as if talking to McCarthy. I mean, McCarthy was the original context. Because if he were actually addressing that to me, then what I said he was saying is really what he was saying.
    Well it’s just Bug getting all defensive again trying to insinuate things that aren’t so.

IDK maybe Bug thinks we agree with McCarthy on everything. I would say go back and look at a few posts where jamil and I were saying that if McCarthy truly feels the Democrats are the biggest threat then why would he not vote for Trump in the general if he were the nominee? especially if he proclaims that he doesn’t hate Trump.

And speaking of that I was even critical of McCarthy in another post when he said that he doesn’t hate Trump but then he goes on to throughly trash him throughout the article.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They laughed Jim Webb off the debate stage in 2016. And Webb was too "left", but at least sane. In 2024 they're 8 years bat-**** crazier. And that's saying a lot since their crazy seems to have exponential growth.
    Jim Webb would look like Ronald Reagan after what we've been through.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If I recall Jenna Elliis was originally a pretty big Trump basher leading up to 2016, then had a change in attitude after he was elected and got on board with Trump. It appears she has a beef with Team Trump's campaign now and she's defending DeSantis.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I recall Jenna Elliis was originally a pretty big Trump basher leading up to 2016, then had a change in attitude after he was elected and got on board with Trump. It appears she has a beef with Team Trump's campaign now and she's defending DeSantis.
    I really don’t know. I hear how anyone-not-Trump is a swamp creature, globalist, etc. Apparently, there’s enough such accusations to spread around.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I really don’t know. I hear how anyone-not-Trump is a swamp creature, globalist, etc. Apparently, there’s enough such accusations to spread around.
    I took a look at that tweet and some subsequent tweets by her where she posts some stuff about people and entities that are affiliated in some way with the Trump campaign that also have previous ties to working with those she refers to as " establishment swamp creatures, globalists, woke corporations and such" Namely like pollsters, a strategist a couple of local campaign chair affiliates, and even event venue rally coordinators that the Trump campaign uses.

Some of it seems kind of petty but I think the point she is trying to make over all is that DeSantis is being trashed as having ties to all of those types by the Trump Campaign and she is calling out their hypocrisy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I took a look at that tweet and some subsequent tweets by her where she posts some stuff about people and entities that are affiliated in some way with the Trump campaign that also have previous ties to working with those she refers to as " establishment swamp creatures, globalists, woke corporations and such" Namely like pollsters, a strategist a couple of local campaign chair affiliates, and even event venue rally coordinators that the Trump campaign uses.

Some of it seems kind of petty but I think the point she is trying to make over is that DeSantis is being trashed as having ties to all of those types by the Trump Campaign and she is calling out their hypocrisy.
    That’s exactly right. She’s using the equal-weight-and-measures. The stuff being cast about by Trump towards DeSantis is petty (at best).

Reactions: KG1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Democrats are too deep into a purity spiral for something like that.

No way in hell they'd put up someone that moderate as a front runner, much less allow sanders anywhere near the white house.
    RFKjr is polling 20% and Bernie was at 18% I believe last time he ran. They would make a formidable challenger to Biden such that the party may not be able to screw them without destroying its own chances, thus neutralizing the superdelegate shenanigans

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do not. McCarthy has nothing to do with any decision to **** off 30% of his voters in order to court at most 10% who were so feckless and unreliable that they supposedly voted for Biden because Orange Man Bad. That is something that people trying to derail a Trump candidacy, of which you are one, are trying to do

One of my points is that any calculus that you can take the votes of that 30% for granted because their only other choice would be to vote Biden (like the 'republican voters' you wish to court) is predicated on Trump not running 3rd party and that if he does, you're ****ed

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trying to get a hold on what she thinks are the proper coattails

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not. McCarthy has nothing to do with any decision to **** off 30% of his voters in order to court at most 10% who were so feckless and unreliable that they supposedly voted for Biden because Orange Man Bad. That is something that people trying to derail a Trump candidacy, of which you are one, are trying to do

One of my points is that any calculus that you can take the votes of that 30% for granted because their only other choice would be to vote Biden (like the 'republican voters' you wish to court) is predicated on Trump not running 3rd party and that if he does, you're ****ed
    Oh. So you really ARE saying what I said yer saying. :): I think you just didn't like the way I said it.

Okay so you've made some accusations here. You think:
    1. I've apparently decided to **** off 30% of Trump's voters
    2. I'm courting 10% who are feckless and unrealiable
    3. I'm taking Trumpers for granted
    4. I'm trying to derail Trump's candidacy
    5. I foolishly assume that Trump won't run 3rd party
    So let's just lay it out.

Let's start with #1. So little me, who posts somewhat regularly on a gun forum, has decided to **** off 30% of Trump's voters. I don't pick what to say specifically to **** off an entire group of people. But I say what I say regardless. But really. If INGO represents 30% of Trump voters, he's ****ed. INGO is a pretty big forum as regional gun forums go. So you think you could put a little more thought into this one? I don't think it's quite fleshed out.

#2. How am I courting anyone? I just post my opinions on the internet. That's what we all do here. When you post what you post, are you courting anyone? No? But because you don't like the opinions I post you think I am...this is crazy.

#3. How the **** am I taking you for granted? Hmm? I'm taking you for exactly what you are: a died in the wool Trumper. And I have no problem with that at all. You're as entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. I expect you to support Trump. If he goes third party I have no doubt how you will vote.

#4. Trying to derail Trump's candidacy? By what? Expressing critical facts about him in a political sub-forum on a gun forum? That's even further out there than the taking you for granted thing. You think I have any power to derail anything? You think anything discussed on INGO has any sway on Trump's candidacy?

#5 I told you when you incorrectly interpreted what Soros said about Trump and DeSantis, that he's unfortunately right. If Trump were to lose to DeSantis, he'd probably go third party, and then everyone's ****ed, because it will spit the ticket.

I think the issue is that you've found that someone on the internet, who will vote Republican, dares to prefer a different one than Trump. And dares to post some critical facts about Trump you don't like. And that just chaps your ass. But I'll keep expressing my opinions just as you get to express yours. You'll need to find a way to cope with people saying things you disagree with.

1683249008684.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've been chastised by another member here before that I shouldn't say anything critical of Trump because outsiders that are not members here might be lurking and see me say those things. (no it wasn't Bug or IM.)

That's crazy as hell.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been chastised by another member here before that I shouldn't say anything critical of Trump because outsiders that are not members here might be lurking and see me say those things. (no it wasn't Bug or IM.)

That's crazy as hell.

I think I remember that. I mean that's cult level **** right there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think I remember that. I mean that's cult level **** right there.
    I was like WTF!? when he said it to me. He eventually put me on ignore because I dared to tell him off and told him I'll say I want, and he didn't like the pushback.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was like WTF!? when he said it to me. He eventually put me on ignore because I dared to tell him off and told him I'll say I want, and he didn't like the pushback.
    I think that's kinda the sentiment that's fueling this "taking for granted" stuff. To me it's coming out of nowhere. Trumpers have kinda had a lot of push back in these threads. It's like he's saying, just keep it up and I'll just not vote for DeSantis if he wins. Out of spite or something. But, I have pretty much resolved that 2024 is unwinnable anyway. I'll still vote in hopes that I'm wrong. And I'll encourage others to vote. But I think the machine has gotten too unmanageable.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think that's kinda the sentiment that's fueling this "taking for granted" stuff. To me it's coming out of nowhere. Trumpers have kinda had a lot of push back in these threads. It's like he's saying, just keep it up and I'll just not vote for DeSantis if he wins. Out of spite or something. But, I have pretty much resolved that 2024 is unwinnable anyway. I'll still vote in hopes that I'm wrong. And I'll encourage others to vote. But I think the machine has gotten too unmanageable.
    Ya know what the secret is here for me, (shhh..don't tell anyone) maybe not so much anymore is that I don't really care if they don't want to vote for anyone but Trump. I can't control what they do. Nor will I even try.

As for myself I will still view the Democrats as the biggest threat like McCarthy says but unlike him, I will set aside any sort of misgivings I may have and vote for Trump against them if he wins the nomination.

Might turn out to be a losing proposition or maybe not but I'm not just gonna sit it out because some Trump supporters get chaffed at what I say and then won't vote for anyone else because of it. I won't reciprocate in kind and take it out on Trump by denying him my vote out of spite. I'll do what I've always planned on doing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom