• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Im not really a part of this discussion, but caught your post, and even knowing how people feel about masks going to go out on a limb here and post what I know…

The thing is though, it’s not about the bug as we are thinking of it.

2 examples, in my wife’s kindergarten class last year, no one got a cold, or the heebie jeebies, or nothin’. Sure they were in and out some, but were in long enough that they should have been sick. Kindergartners are gross.

Second is the church sound booth, it was so nice to not catch something from others working, or people coming up standing over you explaining how they’re just getting over a cold. Jerks.

Both of these point less towards masks working and more to people just simply paying attention to cleanliness, distance, and health in general. But the mask, and the scare tactic, did make a difference.

Also, if you can get that pole to come out with legitimate answers, you should be a millionaire.
    You're right, I really could become a millionaire if that was in my repertoire.
    And, there's no way that people can change the way they interact and share microorganisms without altering the spread.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Stating it is a classroom rule, is different than "Your argument was that anything stated as "classroom rules" was fair game." Which I did not say.
    Again: if you wish to add further context or clarification, I welcome it.

I'm calling BS. Quoting me posting that "wearing a mask is a classroom rule" in response to your statement that that is one of the limits of a teachers authority, followed up by "Wearing a gold star is a classroom rule" is directly comparing a mask requirement to the nazis. I'm not the only one who noticed it.
    That multiple people erected a straw man doesn't mean that it is any less a straw man.

Yes it is making a health decision for my child, they are deciding when the minimum appropriate time for them to be able to return is. Maybe I feel 18 hrs is the proper decision for my child? Yes they were symptomatic, but no longer are or have been for x number of hours. But by the schools arbitrary rule...
    If you're going to continue to conflate what is appropriate in response to someone who is empirically sick/symptomatic/contagious with what is appropriate in response to someone who is ostensibly healthy, then we have little to discuss.

You state that a different colored hair is inherently distracting, but violating the rules by not wearing a mask isn't and it's the other students/teachers/etc that could create a disruption and is their choice? Please. That is a logical fallacy and you know it, either both are an inherent distraction or both are caused by the other students/teachers/etc.
    Not wearing a facemask is not an inherent distraction. It is the default state for millions of kids for hundreds of years. Fullstop.

And you never answered, should large breasted teenage girls be forced to wear a binder to prevent them from becoming an inherent distraction? How about teens or teachers for that matter with other attractive (or perhaps seriously unattractive) bodily features? Perhaps your burka idea has merit.
    Yes, I did answer. Perhaps you missed it. I've stated the same thing, multiple times, and am kind of tired of repeating myself.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Dr. Box, state health commissioner, is on video dancing at a large wedding reception, sans mask - just days before wagging her finger at the state and telling us we need to mask up.

Pics and vido on The Mock and Rob Show (WIBC)'s social media accounts.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Dr. Box, state health commissioner, is on video dancing at a large wedding reception, sans mask - just days before wagging her finger at the state and telling us we need to mask up.

Pics and vido on The Mock and Rob Show (WIBC)'s social media accounts.

The only thing consistent about the Left is their hypocrisy.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Again: if you wish to add further context or clarification, I welcome it.
    No need to add further context, you stated that one of the teachers limited authorities was classroom rules, I simply stated that one of the classroom(actually it's state mandated) rules was masks must be worn. You are one stating that I said "because it was a classroom rule, it must be followed" and you saying "Your argument was that anything stated as "classroom rules" was fair game." Neither of which are true. Heck I'd say they are close to being outright lies.
    That multiple people erected a straw man doesn't mean that it is any less a straw man.
    That one repeatedly denies erecting a straw man doesn't mean that it is any less a straw man.
    If you're going to continue to conflate what is appropriate in response to someone who is empirically sick/symptomatic/contagious with what is appropriate in response to someone who is ostensibly healthy, then we have little to discuss.
    I'm not conflating anything. Here is what you said "Schools, teachers, etc. are not authorized to make health decisions for students." Here you seem to approve of them doing so. I know schools that do other things, prohibit soft drinks in bring in lunches, fast food for students who's parents come in to eat lunch with them and bring it. Heck there was a school in Chicago that prohibited bring in lunches for students at all under the guise of health.

Not to mention I didn't say anything about sending symptomatic kids to school. I said the school requires a minimum of 24hrs symptom free. My kid is sick, fever breaks at noon, no other symptoms since that point. I may or may not feel my child is healthy enough to go to school the next day 20 hrs later, the school though has a 24 hr arbitrary minimum. That is making a health decision for my child. And one you seem to think is an appropriate response. Although you did also state that they have no authority to do so. So I'm not sure are you saying that they do have the authority to make health decisions or not?

Not wearing a facemask is not an inherent distraction. It is the default state for millions of kids for hundreds of years. Fullstop.
    I notice you left out part of what I posted, which would be in violation of the rules. It's been the default state for millions of kids for hundreds of years that if you don't follow the rules you will be removed from class. Fullstop.
    Yes, I did answer. Perhaps you missed it. I've stated the same thing, multiple times, and am kind of tired of repeating myself.
    Here is the only thing I can find in answer to that. "This... actually supports my position."

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I simply stated that one of the classroom(actually it's state mandated) rules was masks must be worn
    I don't think that's actually true. My daughter's school it is only mandated on the bus to wear a mask. She doesn't wear one in school. Believe the decision was left up to individual school districts

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't think that's actually true. My daughter's school it is only mandated on the bus to wear a mask. She doesn't wear one in school. Believe the decision was left up to individual school districts
    + 1 on this. Not joining the fray but this is the case. And I believe the bus is a federal thing.
    Our superintendent has no guidance from the state so far this school year, good or bad.
    That’s why there are Karen groups as well as myeee riiiights groups forming on FB.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The school that started this conversation is in CA. There is a state mandate there.

My daughter's school is the same, the reason given for the masks on the bus is federal requirements for public transportation. School buses are "public transportation".

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No need to add further context, you stated that one of the teachers limited authorities was classroom rules, I simply stated that one of the classroom(actually it's state mandated) rules was masks must be worn. You are one stating that I said "because it was a classroom rule, it must be followed" and you saying "Your argument was that anything stated as "classroom rules" was fair game." Neither of which are true. Heck I'd say they are close to being outright lies.

That one repeatedly denies erecting a straw man doesn't mean that it is any less a straw man.

I'm not conflating anything. Here is what you said "Schools, teachers, etc. are not authorized to make health decisions for students." Here you seem to approve of them doing so. I know schools that do other things, prohibit soft drinks in bring in lunches, fast food for students who's parents come in to eat lunch with them and bring it. Heck there was a school in Chicago that prohibited bring in lunches for students at all under the guise of health.

Not to mention I didn't say anything about sending symptomatic kids to school. I said the school requires a minimum of 24hrs symptom free. My kid is sick, fever breaks at noon, no other symptoms since that point. I may or may not feel my child is healthy enough to go to school the next day 20 hrs later, the school though has a 24 hr arbitrary minimum. That is making a health decision for my child. And one you seem to think is an appropriate response. Although you did also state that they have no authority to do so. So I'm not sure are you saying that they do have the authority to make health decisions or not?

I notice you left out part of what I posted, which would be in violation of the rules. It's been the default state for millions of kids for hundreds of years that if you don't follow the rules you will be removed from class. Fullstop.

Here is the only thing I can find in answer to that. "This... actually supports my position."
    It's clear that you're not really interested in legitimate discourse, so, I'm done here. You consider mask requirements a legitimate exercise of school authority over students. I don't. So be it.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Lots of schools starting mandates again. My wife is a secretary in a high school and my kids attend the same school. It sucks that they started masks today. I am well versed on masks and proper usage and so is my wife . We both disagree tremendously with the masks but as a secretary that makes none of the rules she sure does catch a lot of flak for it. Today she was told how uneducated she is and basically called stupid.
    so remember fellas before you call your schools. The girl that answers the phone doesn’t make the freakin rules. And that applies in about 99 % of cases.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom