• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Even Personal Income Tax is an expense that is factored and passed on... :popcorn:
    Yep.

You'd think that anybody who is about to start up a business has a minimum net income in mind. If not immediately, in the near future. Personally, I wouldn't start a business that I couldn't net $50k in a reasonable amount of time. I currently gross $44k in base pay. I go to work, punch the clock, put in my 8 hours, punch the clock, and go home. I'm not going to risk my fortune and future on a business that I can't forsee making it worthwhile. It's not likely that I'll make $50k while I'm getting started, but I expect to in a few years. If I'm going to net $50k, I have to bill my customers to the tune of $70k+ so I can manage the net of $50k. Ergo, my customers paid my personal income tax.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Read posts 68, 70, 71, & 72.

Whatever guy. My commentary was based upon what you stated.

You, however, want to balance A checkbook and compare it to the entirety of corporate finance. Sometime autodidact pursuits don't cut it. At least not in your case.

When you get to college for that MBA, and learn of TVM, Mezzanine financing, subordinated debt.......whatever, go ahead and post about it again.

Good luck.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Whatever guy. My commentary was based upon what you stated.

You, however, want to balance A checkbook and compare it to the entirety of corporate finance. Sometime autodidact pursuits don't cut it. At least not in your case.

When you get to college for that MBA, and learn of TVM, Mezzanine financing, subordinated debt.......whatever, go ahead and post about it again.

Good luck.

It doesn't take an MBA to understand that any taxes levied on a business or corporation are ultimately passed on to the consumer. It takes common sense.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It doesn't take an MBA to understand that any taxes levied on a business or corporation are ultimately passed on to the consumer. It takes common sense.

Correct. Though you tend to take incomplete information and come to left field conclusions.

Want to revamp your statement that corporations pay no taxes yet?

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    No, their dutiful fans will buy up those tickets. At least for a few years until they can no longer stomach the suckage.

I think a large part of your misconception is the fact that actual fans aren't fans based on how well the team does. We're fans because, a) we love professional football, and b) we prefer to root for the home team.

Sure, we'll be the loudest to **** and moan about them when they suck, but we'll be there cheering them on, regardless.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Correct. Though you tend to take incomplete information and come to left field conclusions.

Do corporations cut checks to local, state, and federal governments for taxes? Yes. My point never was that they weren't. You're arguing semantics. My point is that ultimately corporations pass the tax onto their consumers, thus the corporation pays no tax. But good luck getting consumers to understand that. Consumers scream when they hear of tax breaks for corporations because they think the consumer is getting screwed in the deal. Consumers don't realize that they actually pay a higher cost when corporations are the middleman for these taxes. My employer's taxes don't figure themselves so they have to hire accountants and or tax attorneys to maintain compliance. So for every dollar actually paid in tax, throw a few cents on top of that dollar for the actuall cost to my employer. Not only do our customers have that dollar in tax, added to the product they buy, they also have to pay my employer to pay the salaries of those accountants and or tax attorneys.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think a large part of your misconception is the fact that actual fans aren't fans based on how well the team does. We're fans because, a) we love professional football, and b) we prefer to root for the home team.

Sure, we'll be the loudest to **** and moan about them when they suck, but we'll be there cheering them on, regardless.

If someone hates "bandwagon fans", I think they need to reevaluate their priorities in life. It cracks me up when you go to team forums and read the vitriol spewed at bandwagon fans. If I put forth the effort to hate fans who aren't as dedicated and loyal as I am, my priorities are out of whack.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Do corporations cut checks to local, state, and federal governments for taxes? Yes. My point never was that they weren't. You're arguing semantics. My point is that ultimately corporations pass the tax onto their consumers, thus the corporation pays no tax. But good luck getting consumers to understand that. Consumers scream when they hear of tax breaks for corporations because they think the consumer is getting screwed in the deal. Consumers don't realize that they actually pay a higher cost when corporations are the middleman for these taxes. My employer's taxes don't figure themselves so they have to hire accountants and or tax attorneys to maintain compliance. So for every dollar actually paid in tax, throw a few cents on top of that dollar for the actuall cost to my employer. Not only do our customers have that dollar in tax, added to the product they buy, they also have to pay my employer to pay the salaries of those accountants and or tax attorneys.

In addition to what you say, corporations pay taxes in the sense the shareholders pay income tax on the income they get from being shareholders.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Nope...

The Consumers are paying the Taxes for the Businesses...
    The Businesses just pass that money to the Government, after banking it and drawing some interest off of it...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nope...

The Consumers are paying the Taxes for the Businesses...
    The Businesses just pass that money to the Government, after banking it and drawing some interest off of it...

We can debate how the economy works all day, but that isn't the point being made. Now is it?

The matter at hand, does a corporation pay tax? Yes, or no?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nope...
    The Consumer pays the Taxes for the Corporations and Businesses... :popcorn:

images

Top Bottom