• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybuell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've got my tickets. I hope that Andrew is able to pull through and deliver a few more wins this year. Colts fans are fickle. The second they are back in the playoffs, the bandwagon will get crowded again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've got my tickets. I hope that Andrew is able to pull through and deliver a few more wins this year. Colts fans are fickle. The second they are back in the playoffs, the bandwagon will get crowded again.

I fell off the bandwagon and won't ever get back on due to the stadium.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Why, no one cares what the government is doing now anyway. We have the lottery, that enough ;)

This is why we should have gotten Tebow for cheap and used draft pick to get a WR or RB. IN fans like nice people and would have rallied around Tebow. We hate when people make fun of Hoosiers and it would have been rather special I think. Oh well. I hope Luck is good. It'll
    Make it easier for me to take my son to a game this year

Colt fans are not going to rally around a running back playing quarterback after a decade with one of the best to ever play the position.

I have been a colt fan for close to 20yrs, only a few guys could make me stop being a fan and he is one of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Brown paper bags anyone?

A couple years ago, we tried the paper bag trick here during the Redskins games. A local sports station was providing them before the game. Dan Snyder (Redskins owner) would send security to kick people out of the game if they didnt remove the bags immediately. Needless to say a popular chant was "Fire Snyder."

I hope your paper bag tricks work better than ours did

bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    Now what will all the "die-hard" colts fans that bleed blue (at least they have for the last 8 years) do on Sundays?! This is a bandwagon town, the same is happening now with the Pacers. Hardly anyone was following or supporting them until they got back in the playoffs and the same will be true with the colts.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Now what will all the "die-hard" colts fans that bleed blue (at least they have for the last 8 years) do on Sundays?! This is a bandwagon town, the same is happening now with the Pacers. Hardly anyone was following or supporting them until they got back in the playoffs and the same will be true with the colts.

Almost all sports teams/towns are bandwagon towns. People want to spend money to watch their team win not lose. Just the way it is. Some of us are fans even when we suck but most are not.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So let me ask this question; Do the blackouts REALLY affect ticket sales?

A person like myself who doesn't really care one way or the other isn't going to buy a ticket anyway. I will sit down and watch them on the tube if we are out somewhere and it's on but refuse to further the wants and needs of people playing a game and DEMANDING everything under the sun.

I have been to two games but both times it was as a result of a vendor providing the seats. Personally the only people I can see being "punished" by a blackout is the casual observer.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I've been to 3 Colts games in the seat. I've paid for 0 Colts tickets. Most were given to me for good performance on the job. I enjoyed going to the games, but not the ticket face value cost worth.

I have also gone to 2 games working the SMS system for score updates that we developed for the Colts years ago. Of all the ways, the Press Pass way is how I would prefer to go. Breakfast Buffet. Lunch Buffet. High seat, but with good visibility. Don't know if that has changed with the new digs.

I enjoy watching them on TV. It will suck to have a blackout, but then I guess I'll have to watch Denver games instead.

My introduction to professional sports when I moved to Indy was the Pacers game. A friend from college called and asked if I wanted to come for a game. The tickets were $20. I thought, for $20 the seats aught to be OK. After we climbed up all the external stairs in the place, we popped out and saw the court floor. Way down there. Then we were issued our very own Sherpa and proceeded to climb the steps in the seating area, until we reached the very top row in the fieldhouse. I've climbed ladder less vertical than those steps.

To me, it just isn't a good opportunity cost. The OK season tickets buy a nice firearm, that will last FAR longer than just that year.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The NFL always has been and always will be a business. Nothing more. Some of the owners love the game but when it comes to the checkbooks it's always bottom line. I agree with Irsay about starting over. It was time to refresh and rebuild. Manning going down showed all the weaknesses in the team.
    I'm not one to sit in front of the tube and cuss a TV set so I'm sure a black out won't affect my lifestyle much.
    I am a Colts fan btw and have been for 6-8 years now. I was a Bears fan since the late '50s until they canned Ditka. That was the last straw for me.
    I think the Colts are on the right track again. I struggled with them the last few years watching Manning get pounded in the dirt every time he dropped back to pass. It was only a matter of time until he got the career ending injury. Best of luck to P.M. and will be glad when the Colts are back to a good team again.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Insight Cable dictates what I can and can't watch. For the past many years, they have decided that I'm not interested in watching the Colts or Pacers, unless they make the playoffs.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Does anyone really believe that the tax revenues derived from game day sales has offset the tax monies spent to support the Colts? While having an NFL franchise may be prestigious, pride doesn't pay for the upkeep of our roads. It doesn't pay for trash pickup. It doesn't pay for public safety protection.

The NFL as it stands today, is a poor investment for government to become involved. Its time to cut our losses, and cut the Colts loose....unless they wish to pay their own way.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Insight Cable dictates what I can and can't watch. For the past many years, they have decided that I'm not interested in watching the Colts or Pacers, unless they make the playoffs.

Its more likely that the cost of airing the games is more the determining factor, than a strategic marketing decision upon your interests.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Taxes revenue, no. Sales revenue to local business? Yes.

Professional sports teams do bring business to town.

I'm no fan of seeing the city or state spend money to subsidize them though.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I don't know which side the balance sheet falls on. I do know it isn't simple. Sports teams do add to the draw of a city. Maybe it brings young college grad jobs, because of some of these things. In the end, it is hard to tally up all the costs and benefits.

Personally, I don't think we are getting back as much as we are putting in.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't know which side the balance sheet falls on. I do know it isn't simple. Sports teams do add to the draw of a city. Maybe it brings young college grad jobs, because of some of these things. In the end, it is hard to tally up all the costs and benefits.

Personally, I don't think we are getting back as much as we are putting in.

Name any other business industry that municipalities subsidize like professional sports. Let a huge corportation get a tax abatement and listen to the screams of corporations not paying their fair share. Many do not understand the difference between subsidies and abatements. A subsidy is where government gives money to an entity. An abatement is when a business pays less taxes.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    ? So the answer to not selling out the stadium is to black out the games from *cough* "Our Indianapolis Colts"...echo...

When your revenue source is not just from ticket sales or merchendise sales, (getting money from people who VOLINARILY give it) and you tax EVERYONE instead, there is a problem. I know they all do it, but that does not make it ethical.

Top Bottom