• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We don't even know the details of the arrangement. Sure I'm optimistic, but how can either side brag or belly-ache without any facts?

This. I'm glad to see Carrier staying. But I want to know what deal was made. Trump has to understand that as a public official, he can't make just any deal and not have oversight. We've just lived through the most crony capitalist 8 years I've seen in my lifetime under the guise of global warming and green energy. It's not any more okay that it's our guy doing it.

I'm in agreement with you here, but my thought is, if it was so simple to keep Carrier home, why in the hell wasn't it done earlier? I hope I'm dead wrong because I want President-Elect Trump to do well, but I can't help but think there is a "catch" on this one.

Indeed. But to answer the question, if the deal involves incentives for staying, either promises from Pence or Trump, it wasn't done earlier because the current POTUS doesn't seem interested in trying to keep them here. If it were a green energy company Obama would be fellating them to get them to stay.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The people he already is surrounding himself with are incredible, Mattis, Carson, for example. Carrier, Softbank, the companies are staying here, investing here now, for the sole reason that he's the president elect. What will it be like when he's able to sign legislation into law? And put pressure on those in congress to draft stuff that he'll sign?? The entire media is mystified at how he lives his life, day to day. Its just awesome seeing them squirm and freak out and cry about his tweets. Then out of no where something happens like the carrier announcement and they scramble to find something to trash about it, BUT THEY CANT, because he's doing what the left screams about daily. The republicans just wanna get rich and move overseas!!! then he strikes a deal to keep them here, they are like 3 year olds trying to comprehend calculus. I love it, and its only been a month! Just imagine when that wall starts to get built, how insane the left will be. Lets hope local gov'ts stamp out the fake protesting and dont allow the rioting of these filthy babies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Honest question, but how is this related to Trump? The implication, given that this is in this thread, is that Trump had a hand in this development.

Trump is from New York! That must logically imply something. ... I just need a few more premises....

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Honest question, but how is this related to Trump? The implication, given that this is in this thread, is that Trump had a hand in this development.

Well, tesla didn't build the road that goes to the factory. Obama did that.

just pointing out it's a whole new wave of American manufacturing. Where were these stories for the last few years? Now they're coming fast and furious.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, tesla didn't build the road that goes to the factory. Obama did that.

just pointing out it's a whole new wave of American manufacturing. Where were these stories for the last few years? Now they're coming fast and furious.

Where do you think Tesla has been making it's cars? Where did they build their gigafactory? Have they not held this plan for years? Can you imagine the (rightful) griping we'd hear if someone gave credit to Obama every time someone started manufacturing something here?
    The stories aren't coming any faster, the confirmation bias switch has simply flipped from 'repress good employment news' to 'embrace good employment news'

Top Bottom