• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I believe, rightly so, that you and I are going to find ourselves on the same side of many debates...When that happens I don't want your message to get lost....I am equal opportunity when it comes to this....(Except for Printcraft and his use of "Hitlery" when referring to Hillary...I just couldn't break him lol...)

Sorry man. :(

hitlary is the only name I have for her that won't blow up the INGO filter.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It will be interesting how the media reports what he does. I would not be surprised to see him do one thing and the hate filled media report something totally different to make him look bad.

How to put this in the most benign and colorful way possible? - In the end, the MSM needs their sheets starched !

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I suspect this is against the Constitution but if we could make all these huge media conglomerates divest most of their assets to where ABC is ABC and not 3 tiers down on someones corporate map, etc etc I think it would help the media go back to being the 4th estate and not a mouthpiece for whoever own them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I suspect this is against the Constitution but if we could make all these huge media conglomerates divest most of their assets to where ABC is ABC and not 3 tiers down on someones corporate map, etc etc I think it would help the media go back to being the 4th estate and not a mouthpiece for whoever own them.

That depends who's making them divest. If public opinion causes them to do so, no issue....but if you're talking about govt stepping in and doing so, you just entered authoritarian-land. I want no part of that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good lord. Only liberals would be bitter and angry about saving jobs. :rolleyes:

Well, that depends on if saving those jobs mean the we'll have less in our wallets. I think that's a fair reason to complain. I certainly don't want welfare for businesses.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well, that depends on if saving those jobs mean the we'll have less in our wallets. I think that's a fair reason to complain. I certainly don't want welfare for businesses.

We don't even know the details of the arrangement. Sure I'm optimistic, but how can either side brag or belly-ache without any facts?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We don't even know the details of the arrangement. Sure I'm optimistic, but how can either side brag or belly-ache without any facts?

Well, it is a good thing that these people aren't losing their jobs. I think everybody can agree on that. However, it's incredibly difficult to look past the fact that is very convenient that Pence is governor of the state where this "deal" came to fruition, and could wear two hats in making this happen. It makes you question, if this is a PR stunt to look like he's "make good" on campaign promises. 1000 jobs, in the grad scheme of things doesn't move the needle, but it looks good on TV.
    If Trump is actually going to try and stop businesses from leaving, he's not going to be able to follow this script; he's going to have to push legislation.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well, it is a good thing that these people aren't losing their jobs. I think everybody can agree on that. However, it's incredibly difficult to look past the fact that is very convenient that Pence is governor of the state where this "deal" came to fruition, and could wear two hats in making this happen. It makes you question, if this is a PR stunt to look like he's "make good" on campaign promises. 1000 jobs, in the grad scheme of things doesn't move the needle, but it looks good on TV.
    If Trump is actually going to try and stop businesses from leaving, he's not going to be able to follow this script; he's going to have to push legislation.

I'm in agreement with you here, but my thought is, if it was so simple to keep Carrier home, why in the hell wasn't it done earlier? I hope I'm dead wrong because I want President-Elect Trump to do well, but I can't help but think there is a "catch" on this one.

Top Bottom