• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    About that affinity for hyperbole. That's now America's DNA. Everything is hyperbole. 24/7. Full volume. 100% butthurt.[/QUOTE

Maybe it is, and when it's recognized as hyperbole, that's fine, but when you aren't sure (as evidenced by a number of people here) it's very dangerous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About that affinity for hyperbole. That's now America's DNA. Everything is hyperbole. 24/7. Full volume. 100% butthurt.

Maybe it is, and when it's recognized as hyperbole, that's fine, but when you aren't sure (as evidenced by a number of people here) it's very dangerous.

Tell that to CNN.

Used to be we didn't expect our presidents to constantly engage in hype. You know. Because they're presidential and ****. But that's all out the ****ing window now. Brave new world. Used to be the President didn't lecture us. And didn't take sides in criminal cases. And didn't act as if they thought they were doing a standup gig every time someone handed them a mic. We're ratcheting unpresidential. And people don't give a flying **** about that. Because now we'd rather have Jon ****ing Stewart interview the president than Walter Cronkite. Of course the next logical step in the progression of unpresidential would be the Cheetos god-king with an iPhone and Twitter account.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ihonestly don't know what trump can do for inner cities except put up warning signs before people enter certain high crime areas to prevent innocent deaths.
    weve given out free housing before. Only takes a couple months before all the pipes and wires get ripped out and they are slinging drugs out the window of a McDonald's painted up hoopty.
    go after inner city gangs with Rico laws and clean house. That might work. Lock them up forever with **** that sticks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tell that to the idiot black guy (I only say his race because of context) that called into cspan the other day asking for slave reparations. I will literally fight to prevent that from ever happening.

Ok geez. Before more people go off the deep ending. You said, essentially, that most blacks today, arent ANCESTORS of slaves. Uh well, assuming you don't have a time travel device and been to the future, that would be correct. You use the wrong word TT. I'm pretty sure the word you were looking for was descendants. I felt no need to address the accuracy of your statement.... But sure enough, this has now devolved into a racial discussion. I was about to call for Jamil, but he made and appearance, saw the storm brewing, and "peaced out."

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tell that to the idiot black guy (I only say his race because of context) that called into cspan the other day asking for slave reparations. I will literally fight to prevent that from ever happening.

Literally, huh?

I wouldn't worry about something that has zero chance of happening.

A lot of people enjoy getting worked up over absolutely nothing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Literally, huh?

I wouldn't worry about something that has zero chance of happening.

A lot of people enjoy getting worked up over absolutely nothing.

It's nothing now and most likely will remain to be nothing for the foreseeable future. But I can see why people would react to such nonsense. And reacting to such nonsense may be the main reason why it will remain to be nothing for the foreseeable future. I think even among Blacks, the idea of reparations is silly. It's probably good to say it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok geez. Before more people go off the deep ending. You said, essentially, that most blacks today, arent ANCESTORS of slaves. Uh well, assuming you don't have a time travel device and been to the future, that would be correct. You use the wrong word TT. I'm pretty sure the word you were looking for was descendants. I felt no need to address the accuracy of your statement.... But sure enough, this has now devolved into a racial discussion. I was about to call for Jamil, but he made and appearance, saw the storm brewing, and "peaced out."
    i just think the true story of America should have to be watched and a test taken about America befote anyone of any race receives any benefits. The republicans get blamed for the kkk when it was actualy the democrats. And the republicans are the ones who truly wanted to pass civil rights measures and did. Democrats fought it all the way.
    The blacks have sided with the wrong side. I hope they pull themselves up by the boot straps and succeed. As long as they play forna handout all the time then they are under the boot of the liberals.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    i just think the true story of America should have to be watched and a test taken about America befote anyone of any race receives any benefits. The republicans get blamed for the kkk when it was actualy the democrats. And the republicans are the ones who truly wanted to pass civil rights measures and did. Democrats fought it all the way.
    The blacks have sided with the wrong side. I hope they pull themselves up by the boot straps and succeed. As long as they play forna handout all the time then they are under the boot of the liberals.

That vote could be better described by North vs South. Southern Democrats and Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Northern Democrats and Republicans voted overwhelmingly in favor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm still puzzled why it's up to jamil. I was left speechless.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Indiucky, like a lot o members who I routinely disagree with, is a good guy. And yeah, you getting grief for nicknames for Trump and his supporters, I'm the grand scheme, is nothing more than "turnabout...FairPlay." But Indi isn't in that group. This forum has endured a never ending stream of nicknames for our current president. And now their guy is going to in office, it's interesting to see the hypocrisy of those now who have issue with such. I didn't agree with calling Obama anything other, that his name or president. I believe the same should for Trump. The high road is often best to take....often, but not always.

I`m pretty new here, obviously. In my short time here, I`ve seen there are mostly some pretty good folks, then...there are some who feel that sitting behind a keyboard makes it good for them to talk to, and treat adults like naughty school children, whom they may talk to with any level of disrespect they feel like dishing out. I`m not very good with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I`m pretty new here, obviously. In my short time here, I`ve seen there are mostly some pretty good folks, then...there are some who feel that sitting behind a keyboard makes it good for them to talk to, and treat adults like naughty school children, whom they may talk to with any level of disrespect they feel like dishing out. I`m not very good with that.

I think you may be misattributing motives. Get to know people before assuming they're douchebags. I consider Indiucky a friend. He has a good heart. If you get to know him, you'll likely come to the same conclusion that he's good people.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom