Michiana
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p229-legion-compact-sao.html

229-sao-left.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I picked up the P224 because it had the same controls to the P226 and accepted it's larger magazines.

I have heard that the P224 is actually more similar to the P229 though. I can't tell but I only have the P226.
    So what are the differences between the P226 and P229 and if they are close than why did Sig even make them? :dunno:

Edit- I'm talking DA/SA 9mm here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I picked up the P224 because it had the same controls to the P226 and accepted it's larger magazines.

I have heard that the P224 is actually more similar to the P229 though. I can't tell but I only have the P226.
    So what are the differences between the P226 and P229 and if they are close than why did Sig even make them? :dunno:

Edit- I'm talking DA/SA 9mm here.

P229 is to P226 as Glock 19 is to Glock 17.

Controls are the same, but the grip and slide are shorter.

I haven't measured it, but with E2 grips installed on both, I perceive that I can reach the trigger easier on the P229. That may be my imagination, or it could be because the actual reach to the trigger from the backstrap is slightly shorter.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    P229 is to P226 as Glock 19 is to Glock 17.

Controls are the same, but the grip and slide are shorter.

I haven't measured it, but with E2 grips installed on both, I perceive that I can reach the trigger easier on the P229. That may be my imagination, or it could be because the actual reach to the trigger from the backstrap is slightly shorter.

Oh, Gottcha.
    So the Glock set of G26 - G19 - G17
    is like the Sig set of P224 - P229 - P226

Didn't know
    Cool Thanks.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The P224 was more similar to the P229 Carry model. They only made them for a year or so. They just bobbed the grip on the P229 Carry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I may like Sig if it was even a little bit left handed friendly... but they have ignored a very large market of people

How are they not left-handed friendly? You can work the decocker, slide release, and mag release with your left forefinger. That's different than how a right-handed shooter would use it, but it still works. Ultimately every one of us must be able shoot our respective guns with either hand.

If you go for one of the SAO guns, there is no decocker and the thumb safety levers are on both sides, so the only concession when shooting left-handed is pressing the mag release with your forefinger instead of thumb.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    How are they not left-handed friendly? You can work the decocker, slide release, and mag release with your left forefinger. That's different than how a right-handed shooter would use it, but it still works. Ultimately every one of us must be able shoot our respective guns with either hand.

If you go for one of the SAO guns, there is no decocker and the thumb safety levers are on both sides, so the only concession when shooting left-handed is pressing the mag release with your forefinger instead of thumb.
    working the mechanism with your finger is not ergonomic at all, and in a life and death situation I'm not looking to fumble around with an improper hold/grip on the pistol, It should have the same type of control given to a right handed person without having to adapt to the wrong side controls... you must not be a lefty or you would not have said that.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I'm a south paw and i find it to be much easier to de-cock left handed. Maybe my right thumb is to short, but right handed I have to adjust my grip to de-cock and left handed I don't.

Top Bottom