• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I must be truly odd then. I don't want to rule the world. I'll turn in my light saber I guess.
    There's lot of parts of the world that kinda suck. Could you imagine being supreme overlord of the Middle East? Wouldn't be worth the stress.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, latest RCP numbers show a narrowing in NH for Trump. He's still got a double digit lead, but it is closer to 10 than 20 now. No new numbers from SC.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Here's a couple of political adds.

From Cristy, worth watching twice even though I don't like either that candidate who put it out or the channel it's aired on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdtNqnJdem8&feature=youtu.be

I'm thinking that endorsement is not working out the way Rubio thought.

And Cruz using Jimuh : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1tIH5XhXa0

All these years and Jimuh still can't learn to keep his mouth shut. I remember in the '70's watching him declassify programs on the evening news...hey wasn't that TS this morning?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Not so sure, I just heard that Christie really doesn't have any organization setup beyond New Hampshire. If he doesn't get any kind of momentum by then, it is hard to see him going on to South Carolina.

With a steep-enough slope he should get plenty of momentum.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not so sure, I just heard that Christie really doesn't have any organization setup beyond New Hampshire. If he doesn't get any kind of momentum by then, it is hard to see him going on to South Carolina.

With a steep-enough slope he should get plenty of momentum.

You better hope and pray he doesn't hit water when he lands...

kGFOINH.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Someone on the radio was talking about the polling in Iowa. If I remember correctly, among those that made up their minds 3 or more months out, they went Trump. (The percentages, I can't remember). But among those that made up their minds one month and one week before the caucus, Cruz did better than Trump and Rubio. Rubio did better than Trump. I think as the field is beginning to form up among those that have a shot and those that need to just go home, it's starting to look like it's going to be a 3 dog race with the momentum going to Cruz and Rubio.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Someone on the radio was talking about the polling in Iowa. If I remember correctly, among those that made up their minds 3 or more months out, they went Trump. (The percentages, I can't remember). But among those that made up their minds one month and one week before the caucus, Cruz did better than Trump and Rubio. Rubio did better than Trump. I think as the field is beginning to form up among those that have a shot and those that need to just go home, it's starting to look like it's going to be a 3 dog race with the momentum going to Cruz and Rubio.

I'm still completely baffled where the support of Rubio is coming from?

Every time I see a Rubio supporter they say "He's the only one who can beat hillary." Well.. HOW exactly? Is it because of his looks and polished speech? Because I have yet to see anything to him beyond that. Hillary would eat him up and spit him out before he even got to his first debate.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm still completely baffled where the support of Rubio is coming from?.
    "Race" notwithstanding, I think people see Cruz and Rubio interchangeable on the issues. I'm not sure that there's much actual room between their positions, just variations of nuance.

The main difference is personality. Rubio just seems nicer. There may also be an age aspect to it. Rubio is younger, so can convey more of a not-your-father's-Republican-party feel, even though he is really more establishment than Cruz.

To borrow Huckabee's old line, Rubio is conservative, but he isn't angry about it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think of Rubio as interchangeable with W on policy. He want's to be a better manager of the leviathan.

Cruz is more Reagan. Maybe even more Reagan than Reagan. He want's to slay the leviathan.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I think of Rubio as interchangeable with W on policy. He want's to be a better manager of the leviathan.

Cruz is more Reagan. Maybe even more Reagan than Reagan. He want's to slay the leviathan.

^This. There is a reason that the Republican establishment supports Rubio and fears Cruz.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm still completely baffled where the support of Rubio is coming from?

Every time I see a Rubio supporter they say "He's the only one who can beat hillary." Well.. HOW exactly? Is it because of his looks and polished speech? Because I have yet to see anything to him beyond that. Hillary would eat him up and spit him out before he even got to his first debate.
    He's the establishment's guy. He came in third in Iowa, yet all the media is acting like he came in first by a land slide. He's a status quo candidate that big money knows they can "work with".

Also to note he's not just the Republican establishment choice. I'm seeing a lot of the leftist rags also prancing around like Rubio is the sole contender in the race. The Democrat establishment knows Hillary would wipe the floor with him so they're mouth piecing in his favor to try and get him the nomination.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think the polls support the idea that Rubio would lose.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Race

In this, he actually does better than other Republicans against either Clinton or Sanders.

Right now he does. When he actually had to face hillary down in a debate, he would be finished politically.

It takes someone willing to fight dirty to take hillary down. I just don't see him doing it.

I see him doing what every failed republican of the past has done...

You can't trust these polls. Hell, you can't even trust real polls, Iowa proved that flipping a coin literally decides the winner, not the voters.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Right now he does. When he actually had to face hillary down in a debate, he would be finished politically.

It takes someone willing to fight dirty to take hillary down. I just don't see him doing it.

I see him doing what every failed republican of the past has done...

You can't trust these polls. Hell, you can't even trust real polls.

He's not getting down in the mud with Trump and Cruz with the GOP debates, because he doesn't need to. He debates well.... Clinton does not. She's awful at debates. She wants nothing to do with them.

Rubio (and Cruz) are smart guys. They'd know what to say to take her down in any debate. She's got nothing but a 68 year old vagina for voters to lean on, or prop her up with... whatever.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Debates are not really the proper place for fighting dirty. I think he'd be fine in the debates, and probably highlight that he could move the country in a new direction. Like One Direction. Or any other boy band.

You can't trust these polls. Hell, you can't even trust real polls, Iowa proved that flipping a coin literally decides the winner, not the voters.
    I'm not quite that cynical. Yet. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom