Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ugh!!! I probably deserve an infraction for that- what in the world got into me?!! I apologize for such foul language!

Ah, don't be silly. That's a change I would hope for as well. Just because a leftist ideologue used the phrase doesn't mean they own it.

But it was funny.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, right now. No polls are out as of yet that reflect the sentiment of the Trump loss/debate bailing in Iowa.
    Combine that with the 10% wrongly forecasted figure from Iowa and things may get interesting?

First post-Iowa NH poll is up at RCP: Trump +24 over Cruz. That's actually a bigger margin than the last pre-Iowa poll, Trump +18.

Not seeing a S. Carolina post-Iowa poll yet. Frankly, I'm not sure Trump can be beaten in NH.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember that Rand actually came up with a 1 year balanced budget and then one that balanced in something like 5 years. Obviously no one was interested in it. Such ideas don't go over big with the statists that run Washington.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What is this "real republican" and how do I find them?

Lincoln-Memorial.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Regardless of what people think about Lincoln's politics, it's hard to argue that the first elected Republican President isn't the genuine article. Of course that's kinda obscure for what the Republican Party is today. Political aspirations evolve with the politics of the day including in the ranks of Political Parties.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There is no "party", Jamil. There are a set of interests that intersect from time to time and people call that the "real" party. Democrat or Republican makes no difference. It's a series of labels that shortcut the need to dig deep into key principles.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is no "party", Jamil. There are a set of interests that intersect from time to time and people call that the "real" party. Democrat or Republican makes no difference. It's a series of labels that shortcut the need to dig deep into key principles.

Lot of people do this. Can't help but disagree.

You can pick a "Republican" and a "Democrat"... and they will be almost binary on the bigger issues and policies. Pro/Anti gun. Pro Life/choice. Pro/anti military force. Pro/anti business. Pro/anti gay marriage. Pro/anti religion.

The two parties have pretty clear lines of what they typically represent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom