Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Where is Mitt when he's really needed?

I'll let you know when we need him. ;)

Frankly, I don't think he'd help matters.

In other news, looks like Huckabee is suspending his campaign. Which is strange, because I thought he did that a couple months ago. Or maybe I was thinking about 4 years ago. It all seems familiar with him.

I think Kasich is hanging around for NH, but will throw it in once he loses there. Kinda the same for Fiorina. I liked her for awhile, but I think her days are numbered. Carson might try to make it through the southern states, but ultimately he suffers from some of the same substantive issues as Trump, but without the bombastic narcissism.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Whatever momentum Trump may have lost in Iowa is likely to be regained in NH. He has a 20+ lead over the field in recent polling. One week from today, and that's a big margin.

What was Trump's polling lead going into Iowa?

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think Kasich is hanging around for NH, but will throw it in once he loses there. Kinda the same for Fiorina. I liked her for awhile, but I think her days are numbered. Carson might try to make it through the southern states, but ultimately he suffers from some of the same substantive issues as Trump, but without the bombastic narcissism.

I saw him on a show a couple weeks ago. He said that if he didn't perform well in New Hampshire he would likely drop out at that point. He said he wasn't stupid and wasn't going to stay in and waste time and money if it looked like his campaign wasn't going to get going. He has spent most of his time and money there versus Iowa.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A week before, depending on the poll, I recall he was about +7. Outside the margin of error, but still close. Right now, it ain't even close in NH.

Yes, right now. No polls are out as of yet that reflect the sentiment of the Trump loss/debate bailing in Iowa.
    Combine that with the 10% wrongly forecasted figure from Iowa and things may get interesting?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, right now. No polls are out as of yet that reflect the sentiment of the Trump loss/debate bailing in Iowa.
    Combine that with the 10% wrongly forecasted figure from Iowa and things may get interesting?

Yes, they might.

My only point that, in a vacuum, his NH numbers are higher than they were for Iowa at this same timeframe. I do have a feeling that the Brown endorsement and his East Coast values will carry weight there, though.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Like I said before, the "I told you so" on this will be monumental.

Just don't hurt yourself on election night. Remember, if you experience an erection lasting more than 4 hours, see your physician. :)

I wouldn't be so quick to discount Trump. An obnoxious blowhard billionaire from New York with very shaky conservative "street cred" and little regard for religion just took 2nd place in Bible Land. Only the presence of the Rev. Ted Cruz in the race prevented him from winning. Cruz winning Iowa was a foregone conclusion, it's the same demographic that picked Huckabee and Santorum in the past. The real contests are after New Hampshire.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Confirmed, Rand Paul just dropped out

CaS4M_WUAAE7Mwu.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just got an alert that Rand Paul is dropping out.

In before GPIahunharhunsh.

[DAMMIT - beat by milliseconds!]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This. . .

I do not understand why the guy could not gain traction.

Look at the things he stood for. Limited government. Privacy. Criminal justice reform. Reasonable foreign policy. There is little room in either party for a candidate like that.

People want big government either to provide for them, or clobber their opposition. People like their own privacy, but don't mind when someone else's is violated. People like criminalizing "vices" and then making war on them. People either want to rattle sabres or apologize to the world for our greatness.

I am disappointed Paul didn't do better but I'm not surprised.

Hope and Change!

Did you really just say that? :lmfao:

I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you did... :lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom