Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like hell I'm going to vote for a Fresca-sippin' hippie.

Orange soda? Who the hell drinks that? I usually shoot it.

There's something inherently satisfying watching orange soda spewing after being shot. Not sure why but orange seems to spew more, or maybe more of its spewing is easier to see. Plastic bottles or aluminum cans, either way. I prefer diet because it doesn't tend to attract ants like the sugary stuff does.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Frankly, I'm a little shocked. Okay, a lot shocked.

Carson is, realistically, among the least qualified for POTUS. But he does have some very good traits. He's a smart man, probably the most honest in the race. He can probably figure out the policy stuff as he goes. He is overtly religious, which I wouldn't trust in politicians like Huckabee or Santorum. But I've read enough of his books years ago, before he ever reached the national stage, to trust that he does not wish to impose his religious views through government office.

But he's not an executive. He's not an assertive leader, which seems to me is a must for any executive, especially the POTUS. And, after another mass shooting, if congress passed a fairly restrictive gun control bill I'm fairly certain he would sign it. I know what he's said to explain what else he's said, but he is not in any way understanding of our side of gun control.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Frankly, I'm a little shocked. Okay, a lot shocked.

Carson is, realistically, among the least qualified for POTUS. But he does have some very good traits. He's a smart man, probably the most honest in the race. He can probably figure out the policy stuff as he goes. He is overtly religious, which I wouldn't trust in politicians like Huckabee or Santorum. But I've read enough of his books years ago, before he ever reached the national stage, to trust that he does not wish to impose his religious views through government office.

But he's not an executive. He's not an assertive leader, which seems to me is a must for any executive, especially the POTUS. And, after another mass shooting, if congress passed a fairly restrictive gun control bill I'm fairly certain he would sign it. I know what he's said to explain what else he's said, but he is not in any way understanding of our side of gun control.

I agree with pretty much all of that. But when push comes to shove and you're in the voting booth next November and the choices are (watch this...) Hillary/Biden/Sanders vs. Carson, with whom do you cast your vote?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with pretty much all of that. But when push comes to shove and you're in the voting booth next November and the choices are (watch this...) Hillary/Biden/Sanders vs. Carson, with whom do you cast your vote?
    If that's the choice, I'd do the pragmatic thing. I vote Carson. I think I've said before that almost any major Republican candidate is better than any major Democratic candidate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And if it's Hillary/Biden/Sanders vs Trump - You walk into the booth and commit seppuku.
    I've been thinking about that liklihood lately. I really, really hope that it doesn't come to that. But if it does I almost have myself convinced to vote for trump. Almost. Because if it does come to that, we're so screwed anyway, we might as well be entertained while rome burns.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If its Trump, he gets my vote. It would be funny to see him call Schumer and Pelosi losers who don't have a clue.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey Alpo, how about also showing some of the many unflattering pics of Hillary while you're at it. Personally, I have a problem with people who make fun of the personal appearances of others. Guess they must be Adonis type perfect.

Walker is a good man. Sorry to see him leave so soon.

Here you go, from a recent Hilary '16 public appearance

View attachment 41944

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CQjKj9MWIAA7Q8i.jpg:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Salon calls Bobby Jindal "simple-minded" & Michelle Malkin a "monkey". GQ says "**** Ben Carson."

Left doesn't even hide their racism now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Salon calls Bobby Jindal "simple-minded" & Michelle Malkin a "monkey". GQ says "**** Ben Carson."

Left doesn't even hide their racism now.
    It's said that you know you've lost the argument when you resort to personal attacks. That's only true when you believe arguments are won by reason. Among younger people, teenagers, they're more often won by emotional appeals and shock value. If insults now win arguments among adults, what does that say about today's adults?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom