• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nick Gillespie makes a good point. Maybe it's time to retire the ghost of Reagan. Hell, most young voters have no idea who he was and many of the older ones have a warped perception of who he was. They try to use him to justify their hawkishness, when he only had 8 days of military force used during his reign, (a few days in Grenada and a couple over Libya). The party is looking backward, (and making backward policy) rather than existing in the present and looking to the future.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/09/16/how-ronald-reagans-ghost-haunts-the-gop

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Nick Gillespie makes a good point. Maybe it's time to retire the ghost of Reagan. Hell, most young voters have no idea who he was and many of the older ones have a warped perception of who he was. They try to use him to justify their hawkishness, when he only had 8 days of military force used during his reign, (a few days in Grenada and a couple over Libya). The party is looking backward, (and making backward policy) rather than existing in the present and looking to the future.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/09/16/how-ronald-reagans-ghost-haunts-the-gop

Reagan this, Reagan that, it gets quite stale. He's dead now so nobody can really take the mantle anyway. I don't even know why Republicans still toot the Reagan horn, he was so fiscally irresponsible! Cutting taxes and increasing the spending and deficits won't win you any self-respecting GOP voter nowadays.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Debates tonight. Lindsey Graham apparently had the best soundbite from the "lower tier" debate:

I can't find the exact quote, but I like the one about "When I'm president, we're going to drink more in the White House."

These four guys are really going after each other. The big boy debate is really gonna be entertaining...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I haven't seen the debate live, but apparently Lindsey is knocking it out of the park. Good for him. He always struck me as someone in the background. Nice to see he has a spine.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Debates tonight. Lindsey Graham apparently had the best soundbite from the "lower tier" debate:

Not going to waste the time watching. As for Lindsey...someone should make him aware that the Kurds are always ready to accept volunteers. He's rich enough to be able to afford a ticket to Iraq.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CPG_PP9WcAEF2g4.jpg:large

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The amount of facial expressions that man can fit into a 3 second clip is astounding.

Truly a master entertainer... or an actor from the old 50s comedies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom